The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 25, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #6,526 of 23,720
have you tried the lcdi4? i mean O MY GOD, with the right eq..... O MY GOD i would honestly say its a sound from heaven. only electrostatics have the potential to beat them except the shure kse1200 just arent it.
It’s a great planar magnetic kind of sound but the size and lack of isolation makes them a non starter . Not to mention the price . If I was into collecting in ears I would definitely have a pair for home use ...

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #6,528 of 23,720
It’s a great planar magnetic kind of sound but the size and lack of isolation makes them a non starter . Not to mention the price . If I was into collecting in ears I would definitely have a pair for home use ...
right but i would actually go as far as to say they are the best sounding iem on earth

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #6,529 of 23,720
i meant is the tia fourte really that good?
Depends on what you’re looking for. The U18 is better for a neutral and analytical sound, while the Fourte is something like, coloration that is as good as it gets - makes all your music sound better than it is

You won’t know unless you try it though, wouldn’t recommend a 3600$ blind purchase

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #6,530 of 23,720
Depends on what you’re looking for. The U18 is better for a neutral and analytical sound, while the Fourte is something like, coloration that is as good as it gets - makes all your music sound better than it is

You won’t know unless you try it though, wouldn’t recommend a 3600$ blind purchase
i did try it. i tried it both the u18t and fourte yesterday.

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #6,531 of 23,720

however theres something about using them in the comfort of your own home that can truly be a good test. i listend to them at a store right in the center in nyc. it was hard to tell.

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #6,532 of 23,720
i did try it. i tried it both the u18t and fourte yesterday.

I’d say just make your own judgement then, don’t seek validation on a forum - if you enjoyed it and can afford it - buy it. If not, then don’t

They do have a new model coming out in July though so it might be worth it to wait a bit

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #6,533 of 23,720

i owned and returned the u12t. they sounded nice in store but once i got home, they werent so fun anymore. they got quite boring despite the amazing technicalities. i got that vibe from the u18t which is why i decided against it. however the fourte also did sound slightly off.

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #6,534 of 23,720
i owned and returned the u12t. they sounded nice in store but once i got home, they werent so fun anymore. they got quite boring despite the amazing technicalities. i got that vibe from the u18t which is why i decided against it. however the fourte also did sound slightly off.

In that case you might simply be looking for a different sound signature than the one 64audio has to offer ^^

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #6,535 of 23,720
I’d say just make your own judgement then, don’t seek validation on a forum - if you enjoyed it and can afford it - buy it. If not, then don’t

They do have a new model coming out in July though so it might be worth it to wait a bit
wait a new model? new fourte or new u18t?

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #6,536 of 23,720
wait a new model? new fourte or new u18t?
Nobody knows yet. From what I’ve heard it’s bassier than the U12t, which is already too bassy for me, but if that’s what you’re looking for, might be a good idea to wait

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #6,537 of 23,720
hi guys, could i get some help? i've read that at first the fourte sounds amazing but soon after, everyone says they sound incoherent and bad. is this true?
Well, I just received some fortes today. Go back to page 33 and read what I said about them.

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #6,538 of 23,720
Jun 25, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #6,539 of 23,720
i see nothing by you on pg 33

thats completely my fault. I meant to say page 433. Dont worry though, I’ll just quote it here...
Hey everyone, so about 1 hour ago I received some Tia Fourtès, and I’ve come across some problems I wasn’t expecting. At first, they felt kinda weird because they were a lot bigger than what I’d previously been using, however, now that I have a good seal I’ve been left rather... disappointed.

One thing that slightly worried me before buying was the bass. I read some reviews that said it was bass light etc, but after listening it’s perfectly adequate. The biggest problem I do have, is that I’m not hearing anything special going on. I know this may seem crazy, but for the last year or so I’ve been daily driving iBasso iT01’s, and when I started listenening to the Fourtès I couldn’t believe that I wasn’t hearing any outstanding differences. Sure, the clarity was there, but the fact that I had to swap back to the basso’s, and then to the Tia’s again just to notice, isn’t great.

Is this simply a case of me not giving them enough time? Or have I just made a bad call? Truth is, I was just expecting more, especially from IEM’s that retail for £3300.

Jun 25, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #6,540 of 23,720
i tried the u18 yesterday. i felt like on paper they were probably the best technical iems, however then i thought.... if i buy it and take it home, im probably gunna just leave it on the shelf most of the time.

thats where musical enjoyment comes in. ue 18+ and lcdi4 and sony ier z1r.......
I do have the A12T and Sony Z1r and they complete each other beautifully. If I had an option for Customs on the Sony's, I would do it on a blink. For the LCDi4, I had the cheaper iSine and didn't like the form factor and the openness, so no interest at all in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back