The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 25, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #6,511 of 23,720
Thats
I bought a pair of Fourtes and ended up selling them because the bass was overwhelming and muddy. I spoke to 64 Audio about what I was experiencing and for what it's worth they never said that it needed further break in.

Thats Interesting cause I sold mine to but not because of bad bass as you claim but to siblant highs and slightly recessed mids....

But I absolutely loved the bass. Its the best bass i ever heard out of anything. Rumbly deep punshy and amazing sub bass... and never mudy wooshy or sloppy.

I still think tia is not worth the huge price tag. It would if tuning was more linear and coherent. Sometimes notes were swallowed and missing it sounded very low in faint shadow. And the exact same note was way more audible and present on my other iems.
I never understood that dark side of tia? Why it had to do that?

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #6,512 of 23,720
don't be so quick to blame a company without giving them a chance to fix the issue first. it's unfair to the company to publicly blast false negative information, and it looks silly when you say you "regret" then "love" your purchase.

the a18 is the best iem i've ever heard and 64a unquestionably has some of the best service in the business (or any business.) . glad they're helping you out...just gotta be more careful with these bad boys next time.

the nature of custom iems is simply that they are fragile.

enjoy them when you have them back...they are incredible!

:ksc75smile:
i respectfully disagree that the 18 is the best iem ever. i would lcdi4 at the top sound quality wise. the new sony is very good. so is the ultimate ears 18 second gen.

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #6,514 of 23,720
i respectfully disagree that the 18 is the best iem ever. i would lcdi4 at the top sound quality wise. the new sony is very good. so is the ultimate ears 18 second gen.

this is a 64a thread..."my opinion" was stated.

and you're not disagreeing with my opinion, you're merely stating your own, which is cool.

actually, super curious to hear the lcdi4...one of the few on my list that i've never heard that i want to. main issue is that it's not isolating, which is a deal breaker for me regardless of sound.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #6,515 of 23,720
don't be so quick to blame a company without giving them a chance to fix the issue first. it's unfair to the company to publicly blast false negative information, and it looks silly when you say you "regret" then "love" your purchase.

the a18 is the best iem i've ever heard and 64a unquestionably has some of the best service in the business (or any business.) . glad they're helping you out...just gotta be more careful with these bad boys next time.

the nature of custom iems is simply that they are fragile.

enjoy them when you have them back...they are incredible!

:ksc75smile:

I didn’t say anything incorrect, while I was waiting for a response I gave it every benefit of the doubt, but I did actually get turned down which was very worrisome given the price of the pair. I do apologize if I insulted anyone however, wasn’t my intention

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #6,516 of 23,720

and you're not disagreeing with my opinion, you're merely stating your own, which is cool.

actually, super curious to hear the lcdi4...one of the few on my list that i've never heard that i want to. main issue is that it's not isolating, which is a deal breaker for me regardless of sound.
I own the 2nd gen UE 18 and they lack the high end definition the 18 provides . Also less headroom . The 18 rules school as far as my experience. Worth any hassle.

Jun 25, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #6,517 of 23,720
I didn’t say anything incorrect, while I was waiting for a response I gave it every benefit of the doubt, but I did actually get turned down which was very worrisome given the price of the pair. I do apologize if I insulted anyone however, wasn’t my intention
I had a similar bad experience with Audeze. I had a rattling Driver in one ear. It was like celephane wrap crinkling around in one ear, exaggerated when taking them on and off. Customer service told me this is acceptable and they will not accept a repair. Luckily I was in the return period. The customer service later admitted it was out of spec. Companies need to have better training before telling a customer “no” without digging in a little more.

Jun 25, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #6,518 of 23,720
I had a similar bad experience with Audeze. I had a rattling Driver in one ear. It was like celephane wrap crinkling around in one ear, exaggerated when taking them on and off. Customer service told me this is acceptable and they will not accept a repair. Luckily I was in the return period. The customer service later admitted it was out of spec. Companies need to have better training before telling a customer “no” without digging in a little more.
I wouldn’t call it training, but as those are very very expensive products I think it makes sense to properly look into the case before giving an answer :) though they did that in this case, many thanks to them once again, much praise haha

Jun 25, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #6,519 of 23,720

Just enjoy the music, dude!

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #6,520 of 23,720

but yea even if you dont wanna own them, they are definitely worth trying. i've tried all 64 audio iem, shure kse1200, etc...... and lemme tell u, lcdi4 is the best sound quality wise. the only time the open back design can be a real problem is when you are in a busy city. but aside from that, it doesnt really leak much and it sounds fine in semi-noisy environments......

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 25, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #6,521 of 23,720
I own the 2nd gen UE 18 and they lack the high end definition the 18 provides . Also less headroom . The 18 rules school as far as my experience. Worth any hassle.
i tried the u18 yesterday. i felt like on paper they were probably the best technical iems, however then i thought.... if i buy it and take it home, im probably gunna just leave it on the shelf most of the time.

thats where musical enjoyment comes in. ue 18+ and lcdi4 and sony ier z1r.......

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #6,522 of 23,720
i tried the u18 yesterday. i felt like on paper they were probably the best technical iems, however then i thought.... if i buy it and take it home, im probably gunna just leave it on the shelf most of the time.

thats where musical enjoyment comes in. ue 18+ and lcdi4 and sony ier z1r.......
have you tried the lcdi4? i mean O MY GOD, with the right eq..... O MY GOD i would honestly say its a sound from heaven. only electrostatics have the ability to beat them except the shure kse1200 just arent it.

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #6,523 of 23,720
have you tried the lcdi4? i mean O MY GOD, with the right eq..... O MY GOD i would honestly say its a sound from heaven. only electrostatics have the potential to beat them except the shure kse1200 just arent it.

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #6,525 of 23,720
hi guys, could i get some help? i've read that at first the fourte sounds amazing but soon after, everyone says they sound incoherent and bad. is this true?
64 Audio doesn't put out bad products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back