The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 12, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #6,136 of 23,720
I was wondering if anyone could recommend the most size efficient yet durable case for my 64 Audio IEM's. There's a ton of products out there so I was interested in hearing what other people have found.

Not a fan of the factory hard case? I've used Pelican in the past as well.

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #6,137 of 23,720
Not a fan of the factory hard case? I've used Pelican in the past as well.
The Pelican 1010 is a really great case and is always my go-to case for when I travel. Fits my AK70 and a pair of IEMs perfectly. Super convenient for packing a backpack where I want easy access to my IEMs, but no worries about bumps and such when moving onto/off the train or plane. I even had one lady on a train ask me where she could get a case like that because it looked so convenient.

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #6,139 of 23,720
I was wondering if anyone could recommend the most size efficient yet durable case for my 64 Audio IEM's. There's a ton of products out there so I was interested in hearing what other people have found.
I’m not a big fan of the factory case, for my U18T I use a Mutory MT-CS25.
But if you want “size efficient” it is hard to beat the 64Audio Case!

Apr 12, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #6,140 of 23,720
Jesus christ, i'm a ****ing idiot and never even considered using the factory case. I have the stock cable wrapped up in there so my mind just bypassed it as a possible case. haha.
Haha, can't tell if this is sarcastic or serious.. Dang internet..

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #6,143 of 23,720
Haha. Well, enjoy your new case. :wink: Personally I really like it with the built in cable management.

The cable management is a big part of helping it be size efficient. I have a pelican micro 1010 and although I love it, I hate having to manage my cable. I also get paranoid about having the IEM and cable being all tightly packed/compressed.

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #6,144 of 23,720

I second the Mutory case @junix mentioned. The stock 64 Audio case is fantastic to just throw in a bag, especially when you wanna carry around extra apex modules as well. But, it doesn’t have a caribiner, so I find myself using the Mutory case more often when I wanna hang my IEMs off a belt hoop.

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #6,145 of 23,720
I like the round aluminum case that comes with JH Audio. I just put the round 64Audio label on one side of it so I can use it with either. I find the factory case a bit hard to wrap quickly. I absolutely love the Forte sound!

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #6,146 of 23,720
Stock case is nice for carrying accessories and modules, but having to tangle the cable around is not the most practical. I prefer a metal round case for everyday usage as it's just more practical:
https://penonaudio.com/accessories/earphone-case/xduoo-x-can.html?limit=100

Apr 12, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #6,147 of 23,720
I love the Dignis Arca case as it prevents your left/right IEMs from bumping against each other. It's also very size-efficient compared to the Pelican 1010 or 64 Audio hard case. No problem fitting thick aftermarket cables with your IEMs as well.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #6,148 of 23,720
2. M30 monster bass module
@64Audio When can we expect some new modules? The difference between the 64 audio apex modules M15 and M20 is far greater than any cable I've ever heard. I am much more a fan of this system than cables because the modules are far cheaper than "cheap" upgrade cables. A18t with M15 vs M20 is practically a totally different signature. Incredible value in the ability to switch modules. These are the 3 modules I would like to see most:

"2. M30 monster bass module"

I 2nd that one :)-

1. Mid/vocal-forward module
2. M30 monster bass module
3. Adjustable

Apr 12, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #6,149 of 23,720
I do not like the 64 Audio case that comes with their IEM’s. I recommend the Pelican 1010 ( best case for protection and durability), the Campfire Audio Cases ( very small and excellent protection. You just need to be careful to place IRM’s inside so that they do not touch each other, but will fit in your pocket), the round metal cases which can be purchased on Vision Ears website (small and more stylish than the Pelican, but I think the Pelican is better overall. But both are fine), and the Dignis Arca. The Dignis can be had in leather if you wish and might be the best of the bunch in that there are compartments to hold each IEM without them touching. However the smallest will be the campfire. Tks.

Apr 12, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #6,150 of 23,720
What is a dac/amp that would give the A18t some more bass presence and warmth? Preferably portable :)
I am only on page 270 now (I have been reading this thread 2 days plus now),so maybe further on someone has done this?

i will soon own Cayin N8, and am wondering if anyone has heard the 18t (Custom or universal) or any 64 audios on N8 and their impressions?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back