The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 10, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #6,122 of 23,720
I'm probably not asking at the best place for objectivity but how does the u12t compare to the Sony IER-Z1R?

I only had a brief listening to Z1R iem at CanJam NYC, using my own tips/dap, and I found it to be more in Fourte class with a lot of similarities, except Z1R lower treble sounded harsher and less natural to my ears. Take this subjective impression with a grain of salt since it was a brief listening, bass quality/quantity and soundstage expansion was on par, but lower treble of Z1R didn't gel with my ears. Maybe with foam tips it would have been different.

Apr 10, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #6,124 of 23,720
This is in reference to the Fourte? So the u12t is in a lower league?

Price of IEM doesn't automaticaly place it in the upper/lower league :wink: Just saying when I heard Z1R iem, the first thing that popped into my head was Fourte due to sound resemblance.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #6,125 of 23,720
Well it's now been 8 weeks, my A12t just failed QC and now needs to be reworked. Seems like my order is cursed, I'm really not happy with how long this is taking. If you charge $250 for rush processing then maybe you should refund $250 for wasting my time.

Anyways, big thanks to Heath again, he's been lovely every time I called.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #6,126 of 23,720
Well it's now been 8 weeks, my A12t just failed QC and now needs to be reworked. Seems like my order is cursed, I'm really not happy with how long this is taking. If you charge $250 for rush processing then maybe you should refund $250 for wasting my time.

Anyways, big thanks to Heath again, he's been lovely every time I called.

8 weeks with rush processing?

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #6,127 of 23,720
No rush processing, because it wasn't available when I ordered in feb. Estimated build time was 4-5 weeks. I'm just saying if you cut down build time by 3 weeks when someone buys rush processing, you should at least apologize or refund some cash to normal orders where the estimate was 3+ weeks sooner than the product's delivery.

Edit: Wouldn't normally be this pissed but at the moment all I have is MH755, which is ok but the cable is absolute garbage, need to solder MMCX. But also if I **** that up then I have no IEMs while I wait for A12t

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #6,128 of 23,720
No rush processing, because it wasn't available when I ordered in feb. Estimated build time was 4-5 weeks. I'm just saying if you cut down build time by 3 weeks when someone buys rush processing, you should at least apologize or refund some cash to normal orders where the estimate was 3+ weeks sooner than the product's delivery.

Edit: Wouldn't normally be this pissed but at the moment all I have is MH755, which is ok but the cable is absolute garbage, need to solder MMCX. But also if I **** that up then I have no IEMs while I wait for A12t

It is somewhat comforting to see a QC fail though. That makes me feel good about the build.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #6,129 of 23,720
It is somewhat comforting to see a QC fail though. That makes me feel good about the build.

Agreed. My N8t's failed QC. I was disappointed because it set it back about a week, but at the same time it shows they take a lot of pride in their work and aren't doing anything half way.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #6,130 of 23,720

Man I couldn't wait 4 days for my U12T, i can't imagine how 8 weeks would be!!

Apr 10, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #6,131 of 23,720
Apr 11, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #6,132 of 23,720
Sometimes it feels 64 Audio products are overpriced, but it feels great, assured and prestigious by their QC and after support. And since F208Frank is unhappy about his misprint on the shell, but I take this as accepted occasional human error, because at the end of the day he is loving the PRODUCT. I hope 64audio doesn't fire that employee!

Me just using U6 for 2 weeks and took my first introduction to 64 audio. I am really impressed just with these 6 BAs. And now saving for the u18t and I wonder how it feels to feel the detail that others feel. Temptation never stops...

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #6,133 of 23,720
Sometimes it feels 64 Audio products are overpriced, but it feels great, assured and prestigious by their QC and after support. And since F208Frank is unhappy about his misprint on the shell, but I take this as accepted occasional human error, because at the end of the day he is loving the PRODUCT. I hope 64audio doesn't fire that employee!

Me just using U6 for 2 weeks and took my first introduction to 64 audio. I am really impressed just with these 6 BAs. And now saving for the u18t and I wonder how it feels to feel detail that others feel. Temptation never stops...

Indeed. It’s important to remember too that all of 64 Audio’s universals are also built and assembled in the US. Fillip told me at CanJam SG that the expense of doing this is why they haven’t offered their mid- and entry-level IEMs in universal form yet. But, since you’re going for the U18t, that won’t be a problem at all. :D

Apr 11, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #6,134 of 23,720

Yeah, I'm sure the whole ordering/build process can be improved. It must be frustrating for you, and I don't blame you. I'll post my review when I receive them.

Oh, the sales manager is world class. I do feel the "Ohana" from him. It is like the culture at work where "Ohana" is our top priority and that's why the company is where it's at today.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #6,135 of 23,720
I was wondering if anyone could recommend the most size efficient yet durable case for my 64 Audio IEM's. There's a ton of products out there so I was interested in hearing what other people have found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back