The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 23, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #6,061 of 23,720
If it's on the edge of the ear tip, it should be no problem. Just make sure you wipe your tips clean after use, and use the iem cleaning brush to brush out the inside of the tip while holding the opening in a downward position. What you want to be careful of is the accumulation of wax and small debris that will be stopped (temporarily) by the small grill/screen that covers the opening of the Fourte. It will stop debris and wax from entering the iem, but obviously won't stop liquid of any sort.

Awesome, thank you.

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #6,062 of 23,720
Hello Head-Fi Family!

Are you going to CanJam Singapore this weekend? Be sure to stop by and see us! We’ll be at Music Sanctuary’s booth.

At the show we’ll have:
  • Our full collection of IEMs to demo
  • A giveaway for one Custom IEM of the winner's choice
  • Free wood faceplates with a Custom IEM order (excludes A2e)
  • Special show pricing
    • 15% off the tia Fourté™, U18t, and A18t
    • 10% off the A4t, A6t, N8, A12t, U12t, and tia Trió™
  • Free on-site ear impressions with a Custom IEM order
See you there!

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Mar 27, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #6,063 of 23,720
Hello Head-Fi Family!

Are you going to CanJam Singapore this weekend? Be sure to stop by and see us! We’ll be at Music Sanctuary’s booth.

At the show we’ll have:
  • Our full collection of IEMs to demo
  • A giveaway for one Custom IEM of the winner's choice
  • Free wood faceplates with a Custom IEM order (excludes A2e)
  • Special show pricing
    • 15% off the tia Fourté™, U18t, and A18t
    • 10% off the A4t, A6t, N8, A12t, U12t, and tia Trió™
  • Free on-site ear impressions with a Custom IEM order
See you there!

Show only deals? Other than Black Friday, are there any other sales during the year?

Mar 28, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #6,064 of 23,720
Kind of annoyed with @64Audio 's build process. I ordered my IEMs on Feb 6, they received impressions Feb 12. I wanted to add Mojo to my order, so that was done, and payment went through PayPal on Feb 14. I assumed everything was fine, since I had gotten the receipt for the invoice through PayPal and hadn't received any calls or emails from 64 Audio. I waited 6 weeks, since the estimated build time I was given was 4-6 weeks, and nothing happened.

I called 64 Audio to see what was wrong, and apparently their system showed that I hadn't made the additional payment for Mojo. Thankfully Heath was quite nice and handled the issue by checking the system for my payment, which he found, and added my IEMs to the production queue, finally. Big thanks to Heath, you the man. Unfortunately, at this rate I probably won't have my IEMs for another few weeks, which is frustrating to say the least. Hopefully the A12t are worth the wait.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #6,065 of 23,720
Show only deals? Other than Black Friday, are there any other sales during the year?

Hello, We don't typically comment on sales before they happen. But, we'll almost always post here on Head-Fi, on our social accounts, and send an email to let people know when a sale or other promotion is starting.

The exception is show deals because we want attendees to know what to expect at our booth so they can plan ahead - we know shows can get pretty busy.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Mar 29, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #6,067 of 23,720
Kind of annoyed with @64Audio 's build process. I ordered my IEMs on Feb 6, they received impressions Feb 12. I wanted to add Mojo to my order, so that was done, and payment went through PayPal on Feb 14. I assumed everything was fine, since I had gotten the receipt for the invoice through PayPal and hadn't received any calls or emails from 64 Audio. I waited 6 weeks, since the estimated build time I was given was 4-6 weeks, and nothing happened.

I called 64 Audio to see what was wrong, and apparently their system showed that I hadn't made the additional payment for Mojo. Thankfully Heath was quite nice and handled the issue by checking the system for my payment, which he found, and added my IEMs to the production queue, finally. Big thanks to Heath, you the man. Unfortunately, at this rate I probably won't have my IEMs for another few weeks, which is frustrating to say the least. Hopefully the A12t are worth the wait.
Maybe they will put them on rush for you! Fingers crossed for you my friend. I drove there and picked up a pair of universals. Can't imagine waiting for even the standard about of time for a custom!

Also, yes! Heath is the man!

Mar 29, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #6,068 of 23,720

Honestly, if it was me I'd just reach out to them, explain what happened and ask if there's anything they could do for me. Worst case, they say no, you waste 10 minutes on the phone and you sit through the wait period anyways. My bet, 64 Audio is a stand up company, even if they don't put a rush on it, I bet they'd push them through quicker than normal at least. Could be wrong, but I'd say it's worth the phone call. Just my $.02.

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #6,069 of 23,720
Yeah they seem to be moving along quickly now that I called and sorted everything out. Unfortunate that it happened, but 64 audio is handling it great. Customer service is top notch, even if payment processing isn't the best haha

Mar 30, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #6,071 of 23,720
That is odd that they denied your request. iirc the faceplate is the exact same geometry between fourte and trio. You’d have to wait a bit longer since it would be in queue rather than stock. Bummer
The colour scheme of the forte is beautiful and one of the reasons I bought them. Of course the sound is the best iem I have heard. I find myself listening to them more than my Utopia these days.

Mar 31, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #6,072 of 23,720
Very interested in purchasing my first pair of 64Audio's. I'm more of a hifi speaker guy (Spendors and tube amps) and over ear headphones (Focal Clears and Elegias) but am looking to upgrade my IEM. I have the Sennheiser IE800 currently.

Sound quality is the most important quality for me but I would like to have an IEM that gives a very comfortable fit. Would any of the 64Audio's be comfortable to use for sleeping? Or do they stick out too much to do so?

Mar 31, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #6,074 of 23,720
I fall asleep listening with my U18T every day. I don't think it's a recommended practice though. I do listen at a reasonable level.

That's good to hear. So they are comfy to wear even when your head is on your side?

Mar 31, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #6,075 of 23,720
That's good to hear. So they are comfy to wear even when your head is on your side?
Man...I don't know if it's a good idea. I feel like cables can be yanked, and who knows what else. I read about someone who said that their faceplate came off while they slept somehow. That freaked me out

I will say that my u12t is very comfortable, even when laying down, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back