The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 20, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #6,047 of 23,560
Just placed my order for a set of A18t's with The Custom IEM Co. 4-6 weeks is going to be a killer of a wait!
Congrats! The wait time is brutal especially in a day and age of amazon prime.. haha. The wait is so worth it though!

Mar 20, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #6,049 of 23,560
Yeah, the near instant gratification of shopping online has spoilt us. Was close to pushing the button of the rush order but decided I'd save the money for an aftermarket cable later on.
That is for sure. Yeah, I ordered mine during the Black Friday sale so the rush order wasn't an option thankfully, it forced me to "save money." haha.

Mar 20, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #6,051 of 23,560
Just placed my order for a set of A18t's with The Custom IEM Co. 4-6 weeks is going to be a killer of a wait!

A18t are my favorite iem right now...truly incredible listening experience.

Look forward to hearing your impressions.

What IEMs do you have now?

Mar 20, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #6,052 of 23,560
A18t are my favorite iem right now...truly incredible listening experience.

Look forward to hearing your impressions.

What IEMs do you have now?
I don't have any right now. I did have UE18+ Pro up until I lost them a couple of weeks ago!

Looking forward to the upgrade. I'm not very good at putting my thoughts into words but I'll definitely give it a go. I'm relatively new to decent audio.

I have the iBasso DX200 for on the go and a Chord Hugo 2 at home. I've suspected both could give me more with TOTL iems so now I'll have the chance to see.

Mar 20, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #6,053 of 23,560
Wondering if somebody else had this problem. I got the u12t a while ago but after like a month I noticed issues with the cable. Everytime I try to tighten the cable one of the sides (left channel) suddenly turned louder. I returned the in ears to my local shop and they sent it to the dealer. There they only replaced the cable and said everything would have been fixed. Today I received them again and the issue still persists. Is the issue becuz i try to overtighten the cable? I never had this issue before with any other IEM and I do notice a weird "click" when I twist the left in ears in my hands with a cable installed.
Wondering if there is something wrong with the socket or not...(or if it's just my seal breaking) I don't have the issue on the right side.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #6,054 of 23,560
Hi chungjun,

You are exactly right, all reshells go through the same testing and quality control procedures as any other IEM we build.

Has always been interested and wanted to own a 64Audio IEM... glad to finally had the opportunity to take the leap and placed an order for an A12t, albeit is to be re-shelled (bought from another). 64Audio continued support and keeping re-shell / ownership transfer options available is, in my view, a highly commendable business practice. It certainly is more reassuring to have a re-shell done by people who knows the product best. Much appreciated and thank you team @64Audio.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #6,055 of 23,560
64Audio continued support and keeping re-shell / ownership transfer options available is, in my view, a highly commendable business practice. It certainly is more reassuring to have a re-shell done by people who knows the product best. Much appreciated and thank you team @64Audio.

I've owned and interacted with a handful of iems and iem companies, respectively.

64a's products and service are undoubtedly right up there at the tippy top of the game.

Mar 20, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #6,056 of 23,560
I had a question for the u/a12t owners here. I noticed that missm still sounds amazing at her volume and is well preserved. One thing that is a bit strange, though, is that I feel like the louder you turn the volume, the more compact the soundstage gets. Does anyone else notice this?

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #6,057 of 23,560
I'm using a U12 , non tia, paired with a Effect audio 8wire Lionheart, terminated with Furutech 2.5mm balanced and using a SE100 as source. It sounded so wide and detailed. Bass is so well controlled, Mids are quite neutral.
Haha not sure hot to use those terms to describe.
Also had zero ear fatigue with the M15 module.

Mar 21, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #6,058 of 23,560
Hey guys,

I have a tia fourte and I just have a general, and rather silly, question on it and perhaps 64 audio IEMs in general.

I always try my best to clean my ears and keep them dry with qtips etc. There always seems to be some sort of moisture and/or residue from sweat and my pomade near the orifice of the tip. It always leave me feeling kind of paranoid.

I was wondering if IEMs such as mine have some sort of intrinsic protection/barrier for such circumstances?

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #6,059 of 23,560
Hey guys,

I have a tia fourte and I just have a general, and rather silly, question on it and perhaps 64 audio IEMs in general.

I always try my best to clean my ears and keep them dry with qtips etc. There always seems to be some sort of moisture and/or residue from sweat and my pomade near the orifice of the tip. It always leave me feeling kind of paranoid.

I was wondering if IEMs such as mine have some sort of intrinsic protection/barrier for such circumstances?
If it's on the edge of the ear tip, it should be no problem. Just make sure you wipe your tips clean after use, and use the iem cleaning brush to brush out the inside of the tip while holding the opening in a downward position. What you want to be careful of is the accumulation of wax and small debris that will be stopped (temporarily) by the small grill/screen that covers the opening of the Fourte. It will stop debris and wax from entering the iem, but obviously won't stop liquid of any sort.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #6,060 of 23,560
Headfonia takes a detailed look at the Tia Trió:

https://www.headfonia.com/64-audio-tia-trio-review/

64-audio-tia-trio-13.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back