The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 14, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #3,001 of 23,556
oh, with a pair up w/ the U12t. Let us know how it pairs. After reading both of Barra's opinion and also having read your review of the other Penon cable, I was going to order it, but the ergonomics scare me a little. I also plan to use it when playing live music and on the go.
Just a thought, but for on the go and generally being active it might be interesting to take a look at the PlusSound X series, if you have not seen it yet. Especially with the new insulation they have just released, I think it will be very comfortable and ideal for on the go. I thought the Exo series was really good already, which are 4-wire compared to the 2-wire X series. I had been thinking about getting it myself, but ended up having a older cable of mine fixed. If it breaks again I will certainly be looking at getting an X series.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #3,003 of 23,556
I'm getting a A12t, and inquired about the black shell. According to 64 Audio, the con is straight forward: cleaning the canals is much easier with a clear shell.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #3,004 of 23,556
just curious, how many people have their a12t? (specifically a model not u model).

also curious if anyone went with full solid black shells
I do, got the solid black shells and plain carbon fiber on top. Very well made and best looking IEMs I've ever had and either the molds these time were amazing or 64 does something different during their manufacturing, because they are by far the best fitting customs I've ever had.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #3,005 of 23,556
I am concerned about keeping my A18's in tip top condition and am worrying about how to clean the mesh screen. I have hitherto left it alone, I don't like the idea of using the brush on it because the brush would just push wax beyond the screen and into the CIEM. Is the only way to clean the screen appropriately with the use of the vacuum 64 audio sells?

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #3,006 of 23,556
I am concerned about keeping my A18's in tip top condition and am worrying about how to clean the mesh screen. I have hitherto left it alone, I don't like the idea of using the brush on it because the brush would just push wax beyond the screen and into the CIEM. Is the only way to clean the screen appropriately with the use of the vacuum 64 audio sells?

It's the best way. $109 is not too bad IMO.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #3,007 of 23,556
I do, got the solid black shells and plain carbon fiber on top. Very well made and best looking IEMs I've ever had and either the molds these time were amazing or 64 does something different during their manufacturing, because they are by far the best fitting customs I've ever had.

They aren't molded. 3D printing...

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #3,008 of 23,556
i'm interested too, more specifically, how much space would a vacuum take up?

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #3,010 of 23,556

The Jodi vac is great, but if the wax has gotten into the screen and gotten for a lack of a better term “gooey,” I would say the Jodi can’t really remove the wax build up very well (I have one). I would email 64 and ask. Maybe a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol upside down on swab of some sort?

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #3,011 of 23,556
I had some wax build up so used this before taking impressions. It might help.

upload_2018-3-14_14-28-24.jpeg

My audiologist placed a camera in both ear canals before taking impressions and they were spotless.

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #3,012 of 23,556
The brush is not to clean the interior; it's used for the exterior, but I use isopropyl alcohol to clean the earwax off (and germs). The interior of the canal stem is cleaned with the wire loop. Be gentle though! The mesh on mine was loose, and I could actually bend the mesh into the cavity (basically the edges weren't properly secured), which I had to RMA. Clean your custom IEMs routinely and never let earwax accumulate because it's a PITA to clean later on.

Debrox ear drops also helps with excessive earwax.

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #3,013 of 23,556

Users who are viewing this thread

Back