The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 9, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #1,925 of 23,560
Wait, is 64 not selling universals anymore? Everything below the U12t is gone from their online store... (Or is this a sign that a new metal-shelled series / tia lineup is on the way?)

Dec 9, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #1,926 of 23,560
Wait, is 64 not selling universals anymore? Everything below the U12t is gone from their online store... (Or is this a sign that a new metal-shelled series / tia lineup is on the way?)
Yep, I noticed that too. The A10 have also gone. Very curious what will come next. I had been looking at a way to demo the U12 and U10, but then the U12t came and now the U10 is gone, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for a U10t. Unless the Trio "replaces" (I use the term loosely considering their price) the U10.

Beyond the higher end models, I think it is very interesting for the rest of the line as well. I reviewed the U6 and found that I personally really liked them with the M15 and a cable that slightly lifted the treble. I suspect a U6t might be spot on straight from the box.

Exciting times!

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #1,928 of 23,560
..And I just noticed in the quick start iem guide section at the bottom of each product page now only includes the 4 Tia models. If it's just re-shell I doubt they'll change the names too?

It would be really exciting if they indeed decide to bring the Tia technology down to the more affordable models. And what about a Tia Dual? 1 DD + 1 Tia? For $1000? :zzz:

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #1,929 of 23,560
Hey guys,

I was looking to purchase a TOTL IEM. So far i'm down to:
Vision Ears VE8
Zeus XIV
64 audio U18t
and maybe if I can fork out some extra cash, the Tia fourte.

I'm having a hard time deciding between these options. Does anyone have any experience with these IEM's and could compare them? Your input will be very much appreciated!

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #1,930 of 23,560
Hey guys,

I was looking to purchase a TOTL IEM. So far i'm down to:
Vision Ears VE8
Zeus XIV
64 audio U18t
and maybe if I can fork out some extra cash, the Tia fourte.

I'm having a hard time deciding between these options. Does anyone have any experience with these IEM's and could compare them? Your input will be very much appreciated!
Hey, hi again, just go for the fourte..
Could i get your preferences in sound signature through pm?

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #1,931 of 23,560
The Zeus isn't as good to me as any of the 64 Audio stuff. Lacks all bass, impact, quantity. I was left extremely unimpressed with them, besides their amazing midrange, I don't get the hype.

u18/Forte would be a great choice. I cannot speak on the VE8, but I have heard good things.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #1,932 of 23,560
The Zeus isn't as good to me as any of the 64 Audio stuff. Lacks all bass, impact, quantity. I was left extremely unimpressed with them, besides their amazing midrange, I don't get the hype.

u18/Forte would be a great choice. I cannot speak on the VE8, but I have heard good things.

Word on the street is to wait a couple months... EE has a successor for Zeus coming out.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #1,933 of 23,560
Different strokes for different folks
Bass quantity is not everything

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #1,934 of 23,560
Word on the street is to wait a couple months... EE has a successor for Zeus coming out.
EE has something new coming up, but it is not to replace Zeus. There have been impressions based on the prototypes shared at shows of something similar to Zeus with more bass, but Jack indicated that Zeus will stay for a while yet.

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,935 of 23,560
As a general rule, I prefer to stick with the same company with IEMs. Reason being? 64 has my ears scanned digitally on file (and they fit perfect) if I wanted to go custom, and I've built a relationship with them as a brand. If you scratch their back, they scratch yours. Customer service is incredible through them, and I have full faith they will make any issue right in the future. I also like their house sound, and I think while their TOTL stuff is expensive, they're fully worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back