The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Dec 30, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #286 of 23,560
[rule]

Click here to visit our website for more information and to begin the trade-in process starting November 25th.

Do you own A12, U12, A10, or U10 IEMs and want to upgrade to our brand new A18, U18, or Fourté with tia™ technology?  Starting November 25th, you'll be able to trade-in your 10- or 12-driver IEMs and use the credit toward one of the new flagship models!Trade-in credit toward upgrade:A12 - $1,800 (USD)U12 - $1,600 (USD)A10 - $1,600 (USD)U10 - $1,400 (USD)Pricing for new models:A/U18 - $2,999 (USD)Fourté - $3,599 (USD)Want to trade in a universal-fit pair toward a custom-fit A18?  No problem![COLOR=FF4400][/COLOR]Happy Upgrading!
[TD]
64 Audio is excited to announce our Flagship Upgrade Program!
[COLOR=FF4400][/COLOR]
[/TD]​

Your upgrade program ends tomorrow which means just over a month long program? What a joke and a let down. I thought this would be a long term program similarly to JH Audio membership program.
My A12 will probably be the last product I own from you guys from now on.

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #287 of 23,560
Your upgrade program ends tomorrow which means just over a month long program? What a joke and a let down. I thought this would be a long term program similarly to JH Audio membership program.

Wow, rant & threat vs. express & suggest!

Who are you and what have you done with Levanter?

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #288 of 23,560
still better than Noble audio. They even don't let you pay for upgrade from K10 to the newest version K10 (kaiser encore). They ask me to sell my K10 (CIEM) and order for a new one.

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #289 of 23,560
Wow, rant & threat vs. express & suggest!

Who are you and what have you done with Levanter?

Threat? Where in my comment was there a threat?
And was there a rule saying you can't rant?
I was expressing my disappointment and stating my stance as a customer of several 64 audio products since years ago.
And who are YOU? And WHAT have YOU done as well seeing you sprouting your arrogance.

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #290 of 23,560
still better than Noble audio. They even don't let you pay for upgrade from K10 to the newest version K10 (kaiser encore). They ask me to sell my K10 (CIEM) and order for a new one.

Noble is infamous for their morals and ethics. They actually called a friend's company and complained to his boss after the 2 driver IEM saga.
The fact that they actually investigate and dug up where he works, who he is and his company's number just to instigate trouble says a lot about their company.

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #291 of 23,560

Their new model is using different proprietary drivers. Letting you upgrade makes no sense. That's like saying you want to upgrade your iPhone 6 to an iPhone 7. Or upgrade last Gen car to newer model You don't do that. You sell the old and buy a new one.

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #292 of 23,560
Their new model is using different proprietary drivers. Letting you upgrade makes no sense. That's like saying you want to upgrade your iPhone 6 to an iPhone 7. Or upgrade last Gen car to newer model You don't do that. You sell the old and buy a new one.
Apple and most car manufacturers have their trade in program when are new products come out.

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #293 of 23,560
I've just completed my review of the Fourte, the sonic aspects anyway. The final review will be updated when the production models are out :) I would be Glad if anyone who is interested would take a look!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/64-audio-1964-ears-tia-fourte/reviews/17705

Dec 31, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #295 of 23,560
Threat? Where in my comment was there a threat?
And was there a rule saying you can't rant?
I was expressing my disappointment and stating my stance as a customer of several 64 audio products since years ago.
And who are YOU? And WHAT have YOU done as well seeing you sprouting your arrogance.

Sorry, I've tried to be a bit funny and not communicated well.

The truth is I've come to enjoy your many thoughtful and sometimes thought provoking comments. Your Trade-In post caught me as a bit strident in contrast to my overall impression/memory of your contributions.

So a backhanded complement gone bad.

Cool?

-Eric

Dec 31, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #296 of 23,560
Sorry, I've tried to be a bit funny and not communicated well.

The truth is I've come to enjoy your many thoughtful and sometimes thought provoking comments. Your Trade-In post caught me as a bit strident in contrast to my overall impression/memory of your contributions.

So a backhanded complement gone bad.

Cool?

-Eric

No worries, sorry if you got offended with my rant.
I honestly thought the upgrade program would be a long term running one as their introduction of the program in the first post have no mention of any dateline or special short period promo.

"Starting November 25th, you'll be able to trade-in your 10- or 12-driver IEMs and use the credit toward one of the new flagship models!"

Imagine my surprised when they announced in FB only 1 day ago that the program will expire just tomorrow! Iwas momentarily caught up with anger at them being this sneaky.
Not sure if they gave an earlier pre-warning of this very short dateline in their FB, but how often do we check their FB page.
Even their webpage had no mention of the dateline at the start until recently when they changed their stance.

They gave that promo upgrade program when hardly anywhere in the world are there any demo sets of their A18 or Fourte either. I'm guessing this program is aimed for the blind leap of faith type.

Dec 31, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #297 of 23,560
Not offended at all.

Things implied in your post (i.e. longer upgrade period & loyalty program) are actually good suggestions that IMHO 64 Audio would be wise to give serious consideration to.

Not having the end date clearly noted on FB or their original posts on this thread is quite an unfortunate over site. In some defense of 64 Audio, the Flagship Upgrade page on their website does clearly states "The Flagship Upgrade Program ends December 31, 2016". I must have clicked the link and read the deadline right away as I assumed it was in the OP, but looking back I see the OP is the same content as on FB.

Last thought - it's not unusual for such limited time / short fuse promotion deadlines get extended.

-E

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #298 of 23,560
@Levanter We apologize for the oversight of not disclosing the expiration date of the sale in our post. As @ericr mentioned, it was on our website so there was no intent to deceive customers, it was an honest mistake. 

The Flagship Upgrade Program was an opportunity for owners of our flagship models to continue enjoying the best 64 Audio has to offer. This isn't offered by any of our leading competitors. The lack of demos or reviews did involve a certain level of trust in our company and products. We're humbled by the amount of customers who took advantage of this program.

Since availability is determined by demand, I'll notify our sales team about the continued interest in the upgrade program as well as your feedback on the experience. We appreciate it. 

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Jan 4, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #299 of 23,560
  @Levanter We apologize for the oversight of not disclosing the expiration date of the sale in our post. As @ericr mentioned, it was on our website so there was no intent to deceive customers, it was an honest mistake. 

The Flagship Upgrade Program was an opportunity for owners of our flagship models to continue enjoying the best 64 Audio has to offer. This isn't offered by any of our leading competitors. The lack of demos or reviews did involve a certain level of trust in our company and products. We're humbled by the amount of customers who took advantage of this program.

Since availability is determined by demand, I'll notify our sales team about the continued interest in the upgrade program as well as your feedback on the experience. We appreciate it. 

Thanks for the clarification and good to know that the upgrade program is not a "one time" event. Hopefully it'll be brought back occasionally throughout the flagship's lifespan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back