The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 9, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #11,431 of 23,560
Talked to 64 Audio. They are being sent back at my cost unfortunately as they say that’s their policy. I requested new ones. So now I wait.

sometimes its kinda the 'cost' to be one of the early adoptors

hopefully this doesnt become a common issue!

Jul 9, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #11,432 of 23,560
sometimes its kinda the 'cost' to be one of the early adoptors

hopefully this doesnt become a common issue!

QC issues as a “cost” for early adopters is a ridiculous statement. If manufacturers are not capable of meeting the demand for a new product (whether that be in terms of QC or unit numbers etc), they shouldn’t release it.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #11,433 of 23,560
Then their policy sucks and should change it (these things piss me off) I find it unacceptable. Premium product at premium price should also come with premium customer service and this is not; they should cover this under warranty, or refund you the shipping costs for sending back the Nio once they verify this was not an issue caused by inappropriate handling. Why a customer should have an extra cost for receiving a defective product? like all the trouble of getting a defective product wasn't enough

Jul 9, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #11,434 of 23,560
Other companies of which I have returned something due to defect always sent me a prepaid label for shipping. I never paid to ship a defective product back to a manufacturer or a retailer.

Jul 9, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #11,435 of 23,560
Other companies of which I have returned something due to defect always sent me a prepaid label for shipping. I never paid to ship a defective product back to a manufacturer or a retailer.

Mmmm yeaa me to I find this not customer friendly at all. If its under warranty then it should be covered!
I can understand when its out of warranty....

Jul 9, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #11,436 of 23,560
Mmmm yeaa me to I find this not customer friendly at all. If its under warranty then it should be covered!
I can understand when its out of warranty....
Yep. I made my displeasure known! Not real pleased with their policies, especially when their defect created the issue for which the product is being returned.

Jul 9, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #11,438 of 23,560
QC issues as a “cost” for early adopters is a ridiculous statement. If manufacturers are not capable of meeting the demand for a new product (whether that in terms of QC or unit numbers for whatever reason), they shouldn’t release it.

i definitely agree but this is one of those realities that we are in nowadays.

i personally expect companies to go a bit 'beyond and above' especially for these kind of products that we pay for at a premium

its not a lot to them - but it could mean the difference between a customer returning or not

Jul 9, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #11,439 of 23,560
Yep. I made my displeasure known! Not real pleased with their policies, especially when their defect created the issue for which the product is being returned.

And it was in the first 30 days purchase period not making any further sense 🤔🤨

Jul 9, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #11,440 of 23,560
I had the same problem with my first U12T purchase, had to pay for the shipping which really pissed me off since the product was at fault within weeks of purchase. And even after that, the repair was not done properly. Really left a bad taste.

Jul 9, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #11,441 of 23,560
Initially I made the purchase decision based on N8demo, but the bass/mid/soundstage on N8 custom do not meet my initial expectations from N8 demo. That’s a separate issue to whether I feel N8 custom’s bass is overwhelming or not.

Now back to your question, depending on music listened, Mx module could help smoothing out the transition between bass and mid, where N8 bass M15 can sometimes bIeed into the mids, which I have tested during my previous A/B session. The Soundstage is airier/greater on N8 demo, and coherency between N8 custom DD and mid BA isn’t as good as the N8 Demo from what I hear.
Very interesting observations. Did you read Crinacle's account of his custom N8 and how he had to 'modify' it to get it to sound like the N8 demo, which like you he says is the best version of the N8? Check it out here:
https://crinacle.com/2019/02/23/64-audio-n8-technical-breakdown. He also has a YouTube video describing what he did:

The Nio looks to be the logical 'next step', a refined N8 universal with tuning cues borrowed from the U12t.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #11,442 of 23,560
Very interesting observations. Did you read Crinacle's account of his custom N8 and how he had to 'modify' it to get it to sound like the N8 demo, which like you he says is the best version of the N8? Check it out here:
https://crinacle.com/2019/02/23/64-audio-n8-technical-breakdown. He also has a YouTube video describing what he did:

The Nio looks to be the logical 'next step', a refined N8 universal with tuning cues borrowed from the U12t.

Hmmm...🤔

FAQ
Q: why does my N8 custom sounded quite differently to the N8 demo?
A: That’s the fun way to enjoy music! Work as intended

Q: why do I have to DIY my N8 custom that cost over $1600usd in order for it to sound like the N8 demo which I supposedly paid for?
A: That’s how this hobby works! Work as intended

Q: Why does the NIO sound identical to N8 demo?
A: No. This is a brand new design with different sound signature to the N8! Work as intended!

Jul 9, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #11,444 of 23,560
or refund you the shipping costs for sending back the Nio once they verify this was not an issue caused by inappropriate handling.

This. I can understand not "fronting" the cost of return shipping for an item which may have been mistreated by the owner, even if it is still under warranty. But it should be policy that shipping to 64Audio would be refunded if a manufacturing defect is found, and return shipping would also be on 64Audio in the event of a warranty repair. That should be part of making the purchaser whole.

From my experience they will send you some merchandise back to offset the shipping cost.

That wouldn't be my preference. If I wanted swag or accessories, I would have bought them in the first place.

Hmmm...🤔

FAQ
Q: why does my N8 custom sounded quite differently to the N8 demo?
A: That’s the fun way to enjoy music! Work as intended

Q: why do I have to DIY my N8 custom that cost over $1600usd in order for it to sound like the N8 demo which I supposedly paid for?
A: That’s how this hobby works! Work as intended

Q: Why does the NIO sound identical to N8 demo?
A: No. This is a brand new design with different sound signature to the N8! Work as intended!
No, I disagree. The purpose of the N8 universal is to let a potential customer hear what the IEM sounds like. If the custom version sounds nothing like the demo pair, then the customer didn't get what he paid for. I realize that puts both the company and the purchaser in a hard spot, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back