The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 28, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #11,072 of 23,565
No offence taken, m8. If anything, I'm my own biggest critic when it comes to FR measurements, and often preach about analyzing the sound with your ears instead of your eyes. But in reality, I do enjoy taking these measurements and doing comparisons, and running sine sweeps to see how they align.
Ok glad to hear it :) I mostly use graphs for when I'm about to do something stupid and blind buy expensive gear lol. It's true that they don't tell the whole story, though, and then there are those pesky measurement resonance peaks that I'm still not quite sure what to make of. They do help me see which iems won't be for me, even if hype is off the charts haha.

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #11,073 of 23,565
That measurement and the comments are a great help. Can you also measure and add comments for both with the M15 apex module?

Ist aber wirklich gut gemacht.
I measured the difference between m15 and m20 several times. I have also read a comment on here from someone who suggested to not push the apex module all the way in. I have tried that too. But I always get the same result. It's basically the same and the drop in pressure of the m15 module as shown is basically within measurement error margin. I have also switched my private m15 and m20 modules with those from a demo.

64-Audio-Apex.png

As I understand how the apex module works, the pressure output should not decrease by changing the apex module. I think measuring a higher bass quantity due to a better seal is actually a measurement error, capturing the reflection and standing waves. I will dive more into this and try to figure out how apex behaves when I receive the mX modules. Right now I would believe that the difference between the modules should show primarily in the decay.

Jun 28, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #11,074 of 23,565
Not sure why there is a lot of dis for the premium supplied cable. I have just repurposed one for my Legend X. It sounds great and the loss of microphonics and the comfy earhooks makes for great ergonomics.

Jun 28, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #11,075 of 23,565
Not sure why there is a lot of dis for the premium supplied cable. I have just repurposed one for my Legend X. It sounds great and the loss of microphonics and the comfy earhooks makes for great ergonomics.
Are you talking about the new premium silver cable? I would say we are dissing it necessarily, just that $500 is a really high asking price for a cable (yes I know many crazy aftermarket ones are more), especially one that still has cheap feeling plastic components and no option to have molded ear hooks instead of memory wire.

Its a very nice cable. Its soft, has relatively low microphonics, and the cable itself looks and feels premium. I just question if its truly worth the price.

For me, no, but then again, I also dont subscribe to cables making any real sound changes, so I could personally never imagine paying huge amounts for something that I consider mostly snake oil (I know impedance mismatches can cause sound changes, but with LID tech on the 64a iems, it likely shouldnt). Also, before anyone feels the need to defend their feelings on cables, I don't care. If you hear differences and expensive cables are worth it to you for more than just ergonomics, great. Just not for me.

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #11,076 of 23,565
Are you talking about the new premium silver cable? I would say we are dissing it necessarily, just that $500 is a really high asking price for a cable (yes I know many crazy aftermarket ones are more), especially one that still has cheap feeling plastic components and no option to have molded ear hooks instead of memory wire.

Its a very nice cable. Its soft, has relatively low microphonics, and the cable itself looks and feels premium. I just question if its truly worth the price.

For me, no, but then again, I also dont subscribe to cables making any real sound changes, so I could personally never imagine paying huge amounts for something that I consider mostly snake oil (I know impedance mismatches can cause sound changes, but with LID tech on the 64a iems, it likely shouldnt). Also, before anyone feels the need to defend their feelings on cables, I don't care. If you hear differences and expensive cables are worth it to you for more than just ergonomics, great. Just not for me.
I am referring to the black cable that came with my fourte. I also ordered a second one as I liked the ergonomics. I needed to make repairs to my first cable (my fault). While soldering I noticed the cable is a silver coated copper. Very easy to strip and solder as well. They were $129 cad ehich I consider reasonable.

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #11,077 of 23,565
I am referring to the black cable that came with my fourte. I also ordered a second one as I liked the ergonomics. I needed to make repairs to my first cable (my fault). While soldering I noticed the cable is a silver coated copper. Very easy to strip and solder as well. They were $129 cad ehich I consider reasonable.
Ahh, yea if that's the 4 wire then I have it with the trio, still not a fan, it's kind of stiff and just not my favorite, also again memory wire. Otherwise it's totally fine, just don't think I would go out of my way to obtain one.

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #11,078 of 23,565
Curious about the isolation in 64audio ciems. Are you able to hear people talking, or at least be aware of them more when wearing them? Got some custom art ones that I find isolate a tad too much (never thought such a thing was possible!) and am looking for solutions whilst still wearing customs as my stupid right ear just won't accept normal ones thanks to a bendy twisty narrowish canal. Do have a set of .stl files so can use them if need be. Also which (lower due to budget) end ones would be recommended for prog rock and metal?).

Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #11,079 of 23,565
Curious about the isolation in 64audio ciems. Are you able to hear people talking, or at least be aware of them more when wearing them? Got some custom art ones that I find isolate a tad too much (never thought such a thing was possible!) and am looking for solutions whilst still wearing customs as my stupid right ear just won't accept normal ones thanks to a bendy twisty narrowish canal. Do have a set of .stl files so can use them if need be. Also which (lower due to budget) end ones would be recommended for prog rock and metal?).

Thanks

The isolation on them is tweakable I suppose depending on what APEX module you use, so you can adjust how much isolation in dB you want.

Jun 28, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #11,081 of 23,565
Anyone else expecting their Nio’s soon. Interested to see what others think.
Haven't gotten a ship date from the retailer I purchased from.
I am hoping I'll have them by end of this week, but no guarantees.

Jun 28, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #11,083 of 23,565
I ordered mine on the first day direct from 64audio but they haven't shipped yet. I hope they do soon, anxious to compare them to my Z1R and Atlas.
I will be most interested to hear your thoughts when they arrive!

I'll try and get some quick thoughts on how they compare to the atlas tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back