The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 14, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #10,441 of 23,567
I’ve always assumed the designer tuned the iem/headphone with the proposed cable. That is what I am buying. I would love to know if this is the actual case.

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #10,442 of 23,567
I’ve always assumed the designer tuned the iem/headphone with the proposed cable. That is what I am buying. I would love to know if this is the actual case.

Well it looks like it is.

I had same experience with fir audio m4 and m5 stock cable was the best sounding option. But with fir audio I felt it was more prominent. With my noir they are a little more forgiving for cable rolling....

But stock cables from 64a are all Se and no option to get it 4.4 instead. Then they sell it separately.... I would prefer they gave us more options with cables like Fir audio does for example

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #10,443 of 23,567

Apart from a few exceptions, that is definitely the case, and there’s completely no reason to swap it out if you’re happy with the way the pairing sounds. Aftermarket cables are simply a way to push an IEM in a certain direction; to further fine-tune it to your preferences, or to tinker based on mood.

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #10,444 of 23,567
I’ve returned to the stock cable for Fourte for the same reasons.

I'm dying. I have the Effect Audio Leonidas cable-- a huge upgrade over the stock cable. I just sent it back to get an 8-wire upgrade and now I'm back on the stock. I hate the stock cable in every conceivable way.

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #10,445 of 23,567
Well it looks like it is.

I had same experience with fir audio m4 and m5 stock cable was the best sounding option. But with fir audio I felt it was more prominent. With my noir they are a little more forgiving for cable rolling....

But stock cables from 64a are all Se and no option to get it 4.4 instead. Then they sell it separately.... I would prefer they gave us more options with cables like Fir audio does for example

64 audio does sell their stock cables with an option for both 2.5 and 4.4mm connectors, for their universal IEMs. They just don't ship their universal IEMs with those cables included.

Their CIEMs come with the "professional cable", those aren't offered with either 2.5 or 4.4mm connectors.

You could email them in the case of a CIEMs and ask them to reterminate it to 2.5/4.4mm. They are happy to do so, as this is what I asked them to do when I ordered my A18t.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #10,447 of 23,567
Apart from a few exceptions, that is definitely the case, and there’s completely no reason to swap it out if you’re happy with the way the pairing sounds. Aftermarket cables are simply a way to push an IEM in a certain direction; to further fine-tune it to your preferences, or to tinker based on mood.
Or to spend money on a new toy, don't forget that one!

Jun 14, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #10,449 of 23,567
64 audio does sell their stock cables with an option for both 2.2 and 4.4mm connector, for their universal IEMs. They just don't ship their universal IEMs with those cables included.

Their CIEMs come with the "professional cable", those aren't offered with either 2.2 or 4.4mm connectors.

You could email them in the case of a CIEMs and ask them to reterminate it to 2.2/4.4mm. They are happy to do so, as this what I asked them to do when I ordered my A18t.

I emailed then no answers yet but I already have the cable on hands so my situation is different I need either the adapter or a new cable.

Fir audio offers one really cool option and its the exact same cable. It offers 90° 4.4 connector! Which is a rare one

Jun 15, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #10,450 of 23,567
Another batch of tips came in-- and I have a new favorite. I was on the Final Type E, they had performed as well as the other tips without any discomfort. Today the SednaEarfit arrived. I purchased both the short and regular versions. So far I've worked through the stock foam, stock silicon, and Dekoni foam. The stock foam caused my right ear to hurt after about 20 minutes. I needed a different set of tips. The Dekoni hurt less, but still hurt. I did find the sound from both to be very good-- but the pain wasn't worth the sound benefit.

I had a generic foam from Amazon arrive, they performed worse than the both the stock foam and the Dekoni for sound, and still hurt my ears. Loss-Loss.

Back to the Sednas. The construction of the Sedna is very similar to the Final, but the port is larger and an easier, more accurate fit on the Tia Fourte's sound port. I think the Sedna's have a slightly more rigid construction-- but it's very close. Both the Final and the Sedna tips are of high quality. But I'd wondered if the smaller port on the Final was affecting the sound in any way-- I figured the bass might be getting a bit of a cut, but that turned out not to be the case. Every comparison with the Final with other tips did not produce any change in base quality or quantity.

The short SednaEarfit did not work for me-- much less organized sound-- it was an immediate dismissal.

The standard Sedna's retain the same bass as the Final, but to my ears, they take a little bit off the top end-- in a good way. The cut is somewhere around 10k-- I have no way of measuring-- but the top end feels more natural. It doesn't kill off the crispness of the upper frequencies, but it does tame them just a touch. Snares still snap, but they aren't as emphasized as they are with the Final-- and in my judgement, the emphasis is an over-emphasis with the Final Type E.

I have a few more tips coming in to audition (along with a pair of u18ts) but the Sedna's are the tips that are staying on the Tia Fourte, out of all of the tips I've tested. They might be very slightly less comfortable than the Final, but not enough to bring on the pain that the foam tips did. My current vote is for the Sedna's.

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #10,451 of 23,567
Nothing against the tips talk, but every time I hear people discussing it I note to myself that I've saved a few more bucks of time not worrying about tips anymore after going custom :) so to offset the resale issues with customs hehe

Jun 15, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #10,452 of 23,567
I suggest the high-end has begun to fall. We will not see Susvara pricing again for a while. Not to say it's not a fantastic sounding headphone, but it is not a $6000 dollar headphone (in fact I've left the Hifiman stable because of it), nor is the Abyss Phi a $5000 dollar can. Focal could have priced the Stellia at $4000, the build quality is certainly greater than the Utopia. ZMF's Verite, both open and closed, is a hand-built headphone that outperforms higher priced cans at $2500. Now the HEDDphone has dropped the mic and brought the high end back in line. Any summit-fi headphone has to price with consideration for the HEDDphone.

I think other than customs, IEMs will follow, and the $2000 price point of the u12t might be the bar. That said, 64Audio might test the $4000 price point-- given the crazy pricing of the Noir.

I won't pay anything over $2500 for a headphone. I buy used. We all set our own limits. I found the Fourte and u18t for around $1800.
I've seen the Campfire Solaris favorably compared to much more expensive IEMs, so perhaps that will be another bit of downward pressure. I really like my Trio, but I have heard some IEMs which make me wonder if even the sale price can be maintained long term.
You can just order them on amazon and send them back for a refund if they do not fit. When I initially tried them I ordered a few sizes and kept only the size that fit the best.
I use the shorts, and I just insert them till they stop. I also usually lift my ear a little when inserting them. Tks.
Thanks for that.

Jun 15, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #10,453 of 23,567
I've seen the Campfire Solaris favorably compared to much more expensive IEMs, so perhaps that will be another bit of downward pressure. I really like my Trio, but I have heard some IEMs which make me wonder if even the sale price can be maintained long term.

Thanks for that.

The Tia Trio sale price is over. It is now full price.

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #10,455 of 23,567
Thinking of the new coming model again, what would be the chances of it being a new version of the tia Trio or a special edition Trio? Can’t wait.
Or something between the trio and U12t...N8 universal. I think 64a knows as soon as they release another universal with DD, trio will get a hit in sales

Users who are viewing this thread

Back