The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 25, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #76 of 23,565
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #77 of 23,565

Sounds like the Tia Fourte might really impress. Can't wait to hear about it soon along with the U18 Tzar. Even though I know that mo matter how good it sounds, sadly I won't be able to afford it. XD

I really hate it when even the trusty E1 Malaysia couldn't be bothered to bring in the demo units simply due to the assumption of "Nobody will buy these in Malaysia."

But thanks for doing this, WCDchee. 

At least I'll have some idea on how those things sound.

Also @John Culter, as someone whom spent quite a bit of time with my friend's SE846 and compared it to the older ADEL series of 64 Ears...I'll just outright be honest and say this.

To my ears, the SE846 can't even come close against the ADEL A6 in terms of neutrality, imaging and resolution, let alone the bigger flagships like the A10 and A12. The A6 just trounces it on detail retrieval alone, and has a bigger sound than it. The SE846 does have great bass body but I don't like how it occasionally veils the mids on certain tracks.

This is of course, from my ears alone so take that with a grain of salt.

Don't bother with E1, contact Calvin from Music Sanctuary in SG. He comes down to Msia quite often, i'm sure he'll be willing to bring down the U18/Fourte once he has the demos

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #78 of 23,565

Don't bother with E1, contact Calvin from Music Sanctuary in SG. He comes down to Msia quite often, i'm sure he'll be willing to bring down the U18/Fourte once he has the demos

Well, I know the guy in person quite a while ago. So I'll try and ask and see how it goes.

Welp, sadly, Calvin just told me that they don't have the U18 and Tia Fourte yet. So, guess I'll have to wait longer. Probably on 2017 perhaps.

Bummer. 
frown.gif

Congrats on your purchase. 

beerchug.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #79 of 23,565
@WCDchee, I am interested in the comparison between the Forte and the Vega also. Also were you provided with any frequency chart? I am just curious when does the treble starts to roll off? Since the Forte is basically a hybrid design, how is the coherence or transition from the DD drivers to the BA drivers? Thanks.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #81 of 23,565
@WCDchee, I am interested in the comparison between the Forte and the Vega also. Also were you provided with any frequency chart? I am just curious when does the treble starts to roll off? Since the Forte is basically a hybrid design, how is the coherence or transition from the DD drivers to the BA drivers? Thanks.

Didn't hear U18 or TIA, but can tell you after spending the last week with Vega, it's more in U12 category (just think of a more elevated bass and treble).  I could be wrong but don't think Forte/Vega is a valid comparison.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #82 of 23,565
Didn't hear U18 or TIA, but can tell you after spending the last week with Vega, it's more in U12 category (just think of a more elevated bass and treble).  I could be wrong but don't think Forte/Vega is a valid comparison.

Twister, the Vega is very different from the U12 at least to me. Main difference is of course the new dynamic driver giving a much more slam, textured sound to the bass than the U12. The U12 has good bass but it doesn't rumble as the Vega. Second, the U12 has a very warm/dark high mid and low treble whereas the Vega's mid and treble is crispier and brighter. In the long thread of the U12, it was discussed repeatedly that the treble of the U12 kind of run off slightly too early making the sound somewhat dark. It doesn't have an elevated treble.

I ask for the comparison between the Vega and the Forte mainly because of the impression from WCDchee saying the Forte has an enchanced bass, and also because it has a dynamic driver and a sound chamber also.

I owned a U12 before I have the Vega so I am very familiar with both. Thanks

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #83 of 23,565
I've posted up my initial thoughts on the TIA Fourte, do check it out on post #2! The U18 Tzar coming up next!

Hey @twister6 , mad skills you say? It would mean a lot if you could tell me what you think about my preliminary impressions :wink:

More to come of course, this is just the beginning!

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #84 of 23,565
@Jalo ,

The TIA Fourte on a low impedance source has a bass response just north of neutral but on a high impedance source, it has this huge bass like the Vega, and yes that is definitely worth a comparison!

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #86 of 23,565

Twister, the Vega is very different from the U12 at least to me. Main difference is of course the new dynamic driver giving a much more slam, textured sound to the bass than the U12. The U12 has good bass but it doesn't rumble as the Vega. Second, the U12 has a very warm/dark high mid and low treble whereas the Vega's mid and treble is crispier and brighter. In the long thread of the U12, it was discussed repeatedly that the treble of the U12 kind of run off slightly too early making the sound somewhat dark. It doesn't have an elevated treble.

I ask for the comparison between the Vega and the Forte mainly because of the impression from WCDchee saying the Forte has an enchanced bass, and also because it has a dynamic driver and a sound chamber also.

I owned a U12 before I have the Vega so I am very familiar with both. Thanks

My point was that WCDchee referred to U18 as flat/neutral (refined U10), while TIA is a hybrid with an enhanced bass, assuming due to dynamic driver tuning.  Vega has a single wide bandwidth dynamic driver, not a hybrid.  Just drawing a conclusion where I think those might be in a different category based on my experience with U12 and Vega
wink.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #87 of 23,565
  @Jalo ,

The TIA Fourte on a low impedance source has a bass response just north of neutral but on a high impedance source, it has this huge bass like the Vega, and yes that is definitely worth a comparison!

UE Buffer Jack is back
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #88 of 23,565
  I've posted up my initial thoughts on the TIA Fourte, do check it out on post #2! The U18 Tzar coming up next!

Hey @twister6 , mad skills you say? It would mean a lot if you could tell me what you think about my preliminary impressions :wink:

More to come of course, this is just the beginning!

Nice start!  Will be looking forward to more and the comparison with other IEMs/CIEMs and pair up with different sources.  I'm very curious about your observation between low and high impedance sources and the difference in sound sig!
beerchug.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #90 of 23,565
@christopherogut - Hey Chris does the A18 come with both m15 and m20 modules. Also, the choice of cable length 48 vs.64 is a no cost option as listed below in the accessories list, but is an upgrade charge if you select 64 inches. Could you clarify, thanks.

INCLUDED ACCESSORIES

1. 48" or 64” Detachable Cable
  2. Round Sticker
  3. apex m15 module
  4. apex m20 Module
  5. Dehumidifier
  6. Shirt Clip
  7. Cleaning Tool
  8. 64 Audio Personalized Protective Case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back