The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 29, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #4,051 of 23,562
oh they have the tia driver in there i tried it out and Vlad was explaining it about it. Considering i had my u8s on me and comparing them i was just enjoying them thoroughly.
however i only have one problem as i asked Vlad he said these are only custom models. If anyone has enjoyed the u8 models these are basicily those on steroids
64audio please make a universal model for these babies.
I ended up buying 3 u8s because of the fact there are no more universal models avalible and Yodobashi camera still had some in stock. now would i buy a pair of N8s if there was a universal model? oh you bet ill buy 2 for crying out loud if its price pointed around the same as the u8s.
Please make a universal version

Apr 29, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #4,052 of 23,562
Correct, just a name change from N8t to N8 since it sounds closer to Nate. TIA is still there. Just wanted to bring this up since the updated name was "officialy" mentioned at the show, and so we don't have a confusion moving forward discussing it here.

Apr 29, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #4,053 of 23,562
Correct, just a name change from N8t to N8 since it sounds closer to Nate. TIA is still there. Just wanted to bring this up since the updated name was "officialy" mentioned at the show, and so we don't have a confusion moving forward discussing it here.

Nice to know! Thank you for clearing it up.

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #4,054 of 23,562
Hey guys, I just posted my CanJam SG 2018 article on TheHeadphoneList.com, which you can check out HERE. Below is the 64Audio section of the write-up for all of you to (hopefully) enjoy. Cheers! :D

64Audio

Next on the list is one of the largest in-ear manufacturers anywhere in the world today: 64Audio. Fresh off the successes of their U/A18Tzar and Tia Fourte IEMs, they’ve refreshed a large majority of their line-up to include the widely-acclaimed Tia – or tubeless, open-backed – drivers; instilling outstanding clarity and top-end extension into every one of their models from the bottom up (bar the U/A2e). At CanJam, 64Audio showcased the U2e, the U3t, the U6t, the N8t, the U12t, the Tia Trio and the aforementioned flagships. I managed to audition three of the six new releases and – although I was generally impressed by all three – I did have a clear favourite.

64Audio U6t: I initially auditioned the U6t expecting a full and natural-sounding monitor. The original U6 was one of my favourites off their old line-up because of its organicity and sub-bass performance. The only gripe I had was its lacklustre treble extension, which made me all the more excited when I found out it was going to be refreshed with a Tia driver inside. But, the U6t – to my surprise – distances itself quite aggressively from its Tia-less predecessor. In place of a richer signature is now a bright, crisp and clarity-focused IEM. What was once a wet and thick low-end is now more textured and neutrally-placed. With a greater emphasis on the upper-bass as well as the Tia-fuelled upper-treble lift, the U6t is more melodious and airy down low – rather than subtly guttural as its predecessor was.

This tightness in the bass particularly affects the vocal region. Although presence is palpable due to an upper-midrange bump, the U6t loves vocal clarity – minimising harmonic richness and body. Without an accentuated mid-bass to support its articulation, the U6t renders female vocals with excellent cleanliness, but leaves chestier instruments – such as male vocals – sounding raspier. The Tia driver is in full effect here, endowing the U6t with the now-signature upper-treble lift to fully expand its stage. It greatly benefits micro-detail retrieval and spaciousness, but it – to me – leaves the overall signature in need of more weight. There is some degree of warmth in the lower-midrange, but the U6t definitely leans toward brighter territories. Though, despite this tuning decision, the U6t is still a technical achiever. Like I said, its clarity, speed and vocal presence are all incredibly strong. A U6 successor it is not, but a clean-sounding piece, it sure is.

64Audio N8t: But, the N8t is where I truly fell in love. The idea of a Tia-equipped U8 had been brewing in my head for months then, and witnessing it announced as an 8-plus-1 hybrid IEM developed in collaboration with Nathan East only fuelled that fantasy further. Once I finally got the chance to hear it, it absolutely did not disappoint. Although it faces some stiff competition now in the form of Empire Ears’ new hybrids, the N8t is definitely up there with some of the best I’ve ever heard. Unlike the former’s rumbly-er and more centrally-focused bass response, the N8t presents its low-end with a grander ambience and a richer touch; a more analog feel. But, that’s not to say that it isn’t technically capable either. Despite the bass’s inherent wetness, articulation is one of its strongest qualities. Bass notes become dead-easyto discern and it decays beautifully as well. A bloom accompanies transient response without veil, mating technical performance with musicality in an incredibly charming manner.

The N8t’s dynamic driver also emanates gorgeous warmth into the midrange. Vocals and instruments alike gain a palpable sense of body, as well as a warmer and more organic tone. Again, the Tia driver aerates the entire stage whilst tremendously boosting detail retrieval and clarity, but the N8t is equipped with a more controlled variant. Compared to the rest of the line-up, the Tia driver in the N8t exhibits the most restraint; accomplishing its technical tasks without tampering with tone. Because of this, instruments cut through the richness of the stage with aplomb, tempered against the black background of the stage. And yet, the IEM retains its tube-like signature at all times; evoking a vintage and timeless panache with modern technicality. The N8t is a true winner in my eyes, and an IEM I’d love to see modelled after as an example of Tia drivers tuned just right. Balancing a voluminous bass, an organic midrange and an effortlessly detailed treble is no easy task, but the N8t pulls it off in stunning fashion. This is an IEM I’d definitely love to take a closer look at in the future, and my clear winner at the 64Audio table.

64Audio U12t: The U12t is a deserved successor to the U12. Although the Tia-driver gives it an airiness and a crispness that its predecessor did not have, the U12t is still a sub-bass-driven IEM that shines through rumble. Textured, layered and guttural all describe its low-end; choosing to focus more on definition and growl, rather than richness or bloom. And yet, that sub-bass becomes a source of body for the midrange as well. Vocal presence – unlike the U12t – is placed just above the low-end, making it a tad more versatile than its predecessor. Although it’s more of an all-round IEM, bass enthusiasts will still find plenty to love in its well-textured and kinetic lows.

The U12t has the cleaner midrange; emphasising articulation, clarity and crispness. It does sacrifice some of the original U12’s warmth and body, but it’s a presentation that fans of the U18t – for example – will enjoy. Upper treble is – as expected – elevated via the Tia driver, but it’s a decently reserved lift; not as calmed as the N8t, but less bright compared to the U6t. The U12t preserves its predecessor’s width, while the boost in vocal presence slightly compromises depth. It’s less theatre-like, but you get more engagement in return. The U12t is an admirable all-round IEM. Although it loses some of its predecessor’s warmth, its near-w-shape is refreshing in the high-end IEM market. Fans of the U12 who desire a brighter and more engaging signature should definitely take a look at its Tia-equipped counterpart.

Thanks for the review, i used to have a12 but i decided to sell it cause it's far from the sound signature that i like. Too much lows going on for me even with m15 module, and because the treble is rolled off.

I got the opportunity to try u12t and u18t. I tend to still like u18t sound signature, but it's way over my budget because of the currency exchange rate here is crazily high at the moment (Indonesia).

So i was wondering after i read your review on u6t, - I know maybe it's not appropriate to compare the sound detail of u6t with u18t - but how do you compare the sound signature of u6t with u18t? I plan to make it custom too as i figure with custom you will get more of the lows. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #4,056 of 23,562
All you guys with 64 audio customs do they usually finish them before the estimated 5 to 6 weeks? I can hardly freaking wait I'm like a kid before Christmas
AF1QipPmKtaDRVYIi_kdWYmiavzKgTIHuZkPB85NVA94

From in production to shipped, it took only 3 weeks for me, so 5 - 6 weeks make sense. You can email them to get your order status if you like.

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #4,057 of 23,562
Thanks for the review, i used to have a12 but i decided to sell it cause it's far from the sound signature that i like. Too much lows going on for me even with m15 module, and because the treble is rolled off.

I got the opportunity to try u12t and u18t. I tend to still like u18t sound signature, but it's way over my budget because of the currency exchange rate here is crazily high at the moment (Indonesia).

So i was wondering after i read your review on u6t, - I know maybe it's not appropriate to compare the sound detail of u6t with u18t - but how do you compare the sound signature of u6t with u18t? I plan to make it custom too as i figure with custom you will get more of the lows. Thanks in advance.

Based off of memory, the U6t sounds quite different from the U18t because of a difference in mid-bass. The U6t is quite a bit leaner with crisper notes and a relatively greater sense of sparkle, while the U18t balances its openness and air with a fuller bass. I think the U6t with foam tips might begin to sound like the U18t, but I don't know whether or not the custom unit's signature will be based on the UIEM with silicone tips or with foam tips. Did you get to try the N8 by any chance?

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #4,059 of 23,562
Based off of memory, the U6t sounds quite different from the U18t because of a difference in mid-bass. The U6t is quite a bit leaner with crisper notes and a relatively greater sense of sparkle, while the U18t balances its openness and air with a fuller bass. I think the U6t with foam tips might begin to sound like the U18t, but I don't know whether or not the custom unit's signature will be based on the UIEM with silicone tips or with foam tips. Did you get to try the N8 by any chance?
ah okay, not yet, but they said the displayed N8 will come soon, going to try that. thanks man, appreciate your help :)

That's awesome, I don't know if mine being reshells and a18 make a difference but hopefully I get your luck!
finger crossed :D

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #4,060 of 23,562
hi guys, anyone know if the u18t pair better with the ibasso or the mojo?don't wanna end up buying stuff i wont need

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #4,061 of 23,562
hi guys, anyone know if the u18t pair better with the ibasso or the mojo?don't wanna end up buying stuff i wont need

Just for clarification, do you mean the iBasso DX200 or DX150?

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #4,062 of 23,562
Apr 30, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #4,063 of 23,562
Dx200 of course

Heh, I thought so, but DX150 is more in same price range as the Mojo, so I thought I'd better check!

This partly depends on your intended usage.
Talking purely in terms of practical usage, if it's mainly listening sitting down at home, your existing DAP plus a Mojo would be a high quality, low cost solution.
However, it would be more 'transportable' than 'portable'.

I have only heard the Mojo briefly (loved it, but it was linked in with TOTL IEM's and DAP), so I'll leave it to others to comment on sound comparisons.
To be honest, if you just do a search on here for DX200 reviews (or search for 'Mojo' in the DX200 thread), I believe there's a fair few comparisons already out there.

What I can say is that the DX200 is an excellent *all-round* solution with TOTL sound, especially when you factor in the ability to use different AMP units to tailor the sound signature to your liking (or to match perfectly with your u18t).

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #4,064 of 23,562
Heh, I thought so, but DX150 is more in same price range as the Mojo, so I thought I'd better check!

This partly depends on your intended usage.
Talking purely in terms of practical usage, if it's mainly listening sitting down at home, your existing DAP plus a Mojo would be a high quality, low cost solution.
However, it would be more 'transportable' than 'portable'.

I have only heard the Mojo briefly (loved it, but it was linked in with TOTL IEM's and DAP), so I'll leave it to others to comment on sound comparisons.
To be honest, if you just do a search on here for DX200 reviews (or search for 'Mojo' in the DX200 thread), I believe there's a fair few comparisons already out there.

What I can say is that the DX200 is an excellent *all-round* solution with TOTL sound, especially when you factor in the ability to use different AMP units to tailor the sound signature to your liking (or to match perfectly with your u18t).

Thanks for the input as I dont have access to any audio gear be it mid or high end. I do most of my shopping abroad and based on reviews and answers to my questions. When i sell on HF I take bigger hits as I cant factor in the shipping cost I paid to get it here usually 100-120 usd. That's why I ask many questions just to make sure.

Apr 30, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #4,065 of 23,562
Thanks for the input as I dont have access to any audio gear be it mid or high end. I do most of my shopping abroad and based on reviews and answers to my questions. When i sell on HF I take bigger hits as I cant factor in the shipping cost I paid to get it here usually 100-120 usd. That's why I ask many questions just to make sure.

Sure, totally understand. I'm in the UK, and there's not all that much opportunity to try good IEM's here either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back