The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 13, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #3,631 of 23,562
I just asked 64 Audio about the N8t via email and I'm told that it will be delayed for another few months...

Has anyone heard any ballpark figures for what the price of the N8t is likely to be? :)

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #3,632 of 23,562
I have owned the A18T now for the better part of 8 months now. I've never thought of them as harsh, yes they are reveling, yes they are detailed and incredible resolving. But they are in no way harsh, the thing is that they were designed with an audiophile tuning, to be detail monster, and if you do not like that kind of sound sig or tuning, well OK I understand, but to say they are harsh is misleading IMHO.
The A18t is one of the finest IEM I've had the pleasure personally of owning, and hearing, and I have heard a lot of cans in my time in this hobby.

For certain kinds of music, this sounds like something I would madly fall in love with :D
I love that feeling of discovering new details in familiar songs :)

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #3,633 of 23,562
I just asked 64 Audio about the N8t via email and I'm told that it will be delayed for another few months...
Darn it! And I had gotten all my funds ready for this lovely CIEM as well. Oh well... I can be try to be patient....

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #3,635 of 23,562
Has anyone heard any ballpark figures for what the price of the N8t is likely to be? :)

Music Sanctuary’s website states S$2499, which translates to around 1600-1800 USD. Calvin of MS has previously stated that changes to the price are possible, though unlikely.

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #3,636 of 23,562
Music Sanctuary’s website states S$2499, which translates to around 1600-1800 USD. Calvin of MS has previously stated that changes to the price are possible, though unlikely.

Ah. I was not so familiar with 64 Ear's pricing, except for the flagship level models. I thought I'd heard people talking about getting the U8 for around £800, so I thought the N8t would be around that figure.
Wishful thinking :D
Mind you, I appreciate they've made a *substantial* amount of changes. It sounds like a really exciting new model, that's adding something new and different to the line up :)

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #3,637 of 23,562
Ah. I was not so familiar with 64 Ear's pricing, except for the flagship level models. I thought I'd heard people talking about getting the U8 for around £800, so I thought the N8t would be around that figure.
Wishful thinking :D
Mind you, I appreciate they've made a *substantial* amount of changes. It sounds like a really exciting new model, that's adding something new and different to the line up :)

Keep in mind, this price is for the custom model. I believe the old A8 sold at around S$2100-2300, so the discrepancy is quite minor considering the addition of a Tia driver, a whole new dynamic driver and the endorsement/collaboration of Nathan East.

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #3,638 of 23,562
Keep in mind, this price is for the custom model. I believe the old A8 sold at around S$2100-2300, so the discrepancy is quite minor considering the addition of a Tia driver, a whole new dynamic driver and the endorsement/collaboration of Nathan East.

Indeed! :)

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #3,639 of 23,562
You can try the Symbio eartips from MandarinEs. They're a hybrid between foam (internally) and silicone (externally), designed to give you the signature and isolation of the former with the comfort and durability of the latter.

I found the Symbio eartips from Mandarin to be very firm and harder than other foams. May not be as comfortable.

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #3,640 of 23,562
Hey guys has anyone tried the ALO Audio sxc 8 cable? Can I get your quick impressions? I bought one at Canjam for my A18t because it was beautiful and a great show deal but my A18t won’t be ready for weeks so I’d love some impressions:D

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #3,641 of 23,562
Hey guys has anyone tried the ALO Audio sxc 8 cable? Can I get your quick impressions? I bought one at Canjam for my A18t because it was beautiful and a great show deal but my A18t won’t be ready for weeks so I’d love some impressions:D
I got SXC 8 with 4.4mm plug but for my HPs not for IEMs. It's pretty good, but I wish it's a bit more flexible and has less touch noise.

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #3,642 of 23,562
Just got my Symbios yesterday, listening to them now. Find them a bit brighter than the spiral dots that I was using previously, this is not necessarily a bad thing.
so far they're comfortable after 4 hours straight listening.
It's funny but I think I'm done chasing 'perfect' sound, worrying about midbass humps and sub bass roll off. I just want to enjoy music (which I do immensely with my 64 Audios) and
not worry about the latest gizmo, technology etc.

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #3,643 of 23,562
It's funny but I think I'm done chasing 'perfect' sound, worrying about midbass humps and sub bass roll off. I just want to enjoy music and not worry about the latest gizmo, technology etc.

That kind of talk is dangerous around these parts lol :D

Apr 13, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #3,645 of 23,562
Okay very cool, does it have any effect on Bass or mids?
I use this cable for Cascade and Ultrasone Edition 15. I would say it's pretty transparent not coloring sq much. But again, my experience is with over-ear headphones only. For IEMs, this may not apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Toom
Back