The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 23, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #23,416 of 23,543
That's a very low bar to cross :)
This one will scale very well with better cables. Brise cables were my go to for the u12t!
The upgrade 64Audio silver cable is suppose to be good with the U12t's. So are the EA Cleopatra and leonidis ll. I'm using the Leonidas ll, but your looking at a grand for just the 4 wire But the sound turns holographic with it.

oh that's amazing! Which apex module did you use? did you notice any drops in any particular frequencies that may make the concert-going experience worse?
AudioQuest makes earplugs specifically for concerts that retain the treble and music quality. They come with different decreases in sound level like 30db 20db,etc. Not that expensive and well worth the music quality they provide

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #23,417 of 23,543
Which Brise cable did you find to go well with U12t?
Both Naobi LE and Asuha LE were great but the latter was my favorite and a clear step up from the former. Brise cleans up the music and provides such satisfying bass that I was finally able to switch from m20 to m15 module permanently and enjoy m15's benefits too.

Oh and I also have the Brise Yatono OG but that was overkill for the u12t. Didn't give me clear benefits over Asuha LE.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #23,420 of 23,543
Mar 30, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #23,421 of 23,543
Hi, I'm looking for a new cable for U12T that it's better than stock cable. Can anyone suggest any cable? My budget is up to 500 euro.
I have and can recommend the DUNU DUW02; it's handy being able to easily change the plugs and there's a Pro version of it out now that seems reasonably priced

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #23,422 of 23,543
64 Audio has some upgraded cables that are pretty nice. https://www.64audio.com/collections/cables-and-adaptors

Agreed, I recently picked up the $199 premium cable and am using with the U12t, I think it's great and solved my cable problems. So soft, just a really comfortable and nice cable to use.

IMG_7953.jpeg

Mar 31, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #23,423 of 23,543
I agree 64 make excellent cables. Real thought into wearing ergonomics and their custom angled connectors. At Amsterdam I disliked the inflexible handling of the Brise Audio cables (unsure of model numbers). The Beat Audio cables were much more supple but there was one comment they were too shiny lol :p On my criteria if a cable is not practical to use then it does not matter what the marketing says about 'the sound'. Ymmv

Mar 31, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #23,424 of 23,543
Trying the Clarion tips with the Volur again and really digging them. If you got 'em try 'em

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #23,425 of 23,543
I agree 64 make excellent cables. Real thought into wearing ergonomics and their custom angled connectors. At Amsterdam I disliked the inflexible handling of the Brise Audio cables (unsure of model numbers). The Beat Audio cables were much more supple but there was one comment they were too shiny lol :p On my criteria if a cable is not practical to use then it does not matter what the marketing says about 'the sound'. Ymmv
From my experience, if handling and microphonics is of utmost importance, go with the cheaper Brise Naobi LE. It has absolutely zero microphonics and is perfect for traveling due to light weight, and still sounds better than any thicker non-Brise cables I tried from Effect Audio, Dunu, and others.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #23,426 of 23,543
Trying the Clarion tips with the Volur again and really digging them. If you got 'em try 'em
How do you hear them changing the sound?

Apr 1, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #23,427 of 23,543
U4s is my favorite iem of all time, but recently I heard a severe drop in quality in the treble (buzzing sound). I know what it is, because it is not the first time! It is the mesh guard blocked up with gunk. Last time I sent it back to 64audio and they fixed by replacing the mesh, but it's barely been a couple of months and it's happening again.

I brushed it as much as possible, nothing worked, I used the pin side of the bush to poke the rim of the mesh, and out of frustration and anger I tore the whole mesh off, leaving an open iem bore. To my surprise, the sound of the iem was back to crystal clear. Really frustrated ATM considering buying a new iem, but nothing really fits the unique quality that the u4s brings.
1000001067.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #23,428 of 23,543
U4s is my favorite iem of all time, but recently I heard a severe drop in quality in the treble (buzzing sound). I know what it is, because it is not the first time! It is the mesh guard blocked up with gunk. Last time I sent it back to 64audio and they fixed by replacing the mesh, but it's barely been a couple of months and it's happening again.

I brushed it as much as possible, nothing worked, I used the pin side of the bush to poke the rim of the mesh, and out of frustration and anger I tore the whole mesh off, leaving an open iem bore. To my surprise, the sound of the iem was crystal clear. Really frustrated ATM considering buying a new iem, but nothing really fits the unique quality that the u4s brings.
You ideally need to clean an IEM after every use. If you're very waxy, I also suggest investing in an IEM Vac to use every so often. 64 Audio has a video out in maintaining IEMs. Well worth a look.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #23,429 of 23,543

I brushed it as much as possible, nothing worked, I used the pin side of the bush to poke the rim of the mesh, and out of frustration and anger I tore the whole mesh off, leaving an open iem bore. To my surprise, the sound of the iem was crystal clear. Really frustrated ATM considering buying a new iem, but nothing really fits the unique quality that the u4s brings.

I was having a similar issue... until I started using the Sedna Earfit Max tips, which besides fitting and sounding great, have a built in filter. Now the iem internals are always clean, no cleaning or worrying necessary.
https://www.amazon.com/AZLA-SednaEarfit-Standard-Pairs-Size/dp/B0B493Y7TQ/ref=sr_1_3_pp?crid=2LW8XC3521ZSZ&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.YemO4Ey1t9ZZpLvDekF8cesswCTSXpZdUZ6dbZrma1q8h09s8ImqvLyIz0Xx08oWvftv8_Jc-vxC2ybCI9yIGo9sREEPK-Gz_6Shpx3W_6BgwgqP4zj0m81arSBMF2Coo_g_q3CNLu6eY8vnsIBTMHksqFyRskovGrijDBoilbzMg989Xg8WlWJJXTS6mlc68RNfT6MsXxTyGrQkwdD4f44DtDZUvaeGBW5TdRiAaUE.0CjLCp-3nXmqW0uVSRc2O_fI2TnQqGYD9RFGC-bTu2M&dib_tag=se&keywords=sedna+earfit+max&qid=1711977487&sprefix=sednaearfit+ma,aps,261&sr=8-3

Attachments

• IMG_7956.jpeg
    IMG_7956.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #23,430 of 23,543

I brushed it as much as possible, nothing worked, I used the pin side of the bush to poke the rim of the mesh, and out of frustration and anger I tore the whole mesh off, leaving an open iem bore. To my surprise, the sound of the iem was back to crystal clear. Really frustrated ATM considering buying a new iem, but nothing really fits the unique quality that the u4s brings.
1000001067.jpg
There are plenty of spare mesh filters that you can add on top of the nozzle and that would get gripped inside the tip. If you used Coreir tips, the mesh would even be held against the nozzle by the tip itself.

The link has choice of 4mm, 4.2mm, 4.7 mm and 5.0mm...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...17a1c78a&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:

There are plenty of other mesh types, shapes and measures...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back