The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 25, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #22,336 of 23,720
Testing the U12t tomorrow. Are there any songs that are particularly good on them (the U12t has been praised for its versatility, but maybe there are songs that are just better on this IEM than others?). Are there any songs that are particularly BAD on them (for instance due to its treble tuning?). Thanks for your input!
The U12t is a great all rounder. When I tested it out I used a playlist that had a number of different genres and I was really happy with what I was hearing. The U12t is possibly the most revered of the range and so I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #22,337 of 23,720
Well I’ve just ordered the U12t.
Can anyone recommend a great upgraded cable for it.
Using with mojo2 so needs to be 3.5mm
I've been testing out the new Effect Audio Signature series cables with A12t and a few of my other IEMs, and I've found that I prefer the added warmth and bass heft that the copper Ares 8wire delivers vs the more stark presentation of the silver plated copper Cadmus 8w. But that's a tuning preference thing, both are great, it's just what additional hint of colour you want from the cable.
Testing the U12t tomorrow. Are there any songs that are particularly good on them (the U12t has been praised for its versatility, but maybe there are songs that are just better on this IEM than others?). Are there any songs that are particularly BAD on them (for instance due to its treble tuning?). Thanks for your input!
Haven't found anything remotely "BAD" with 12t, I think it's tuned to near perfection as the consummate all-rounder. That said, because it is all-BA, it excels particularly with Electronic or anything else made with a lot of synthesisers.

For example, something like this has me wanting to learn Indonesian:

Jul 26, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #22,339 of 23,720
Thanks, I think I am going to order the Raphael as I always preferred copper cables

For U12t? Yes, found it to be a great pair up; covered it in my Raphael review. Just keep in mind, @Eric Chong Eletech Raphael is a blend of ultra purity Gold-Plated Copper and Gold-Copper alloy. It is copper based but more than just a copper cable.

eletech-raph-09.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #22,340 of 23,720
For U12t? Yes, found it to be a great pair up; covered it in my Raphael review. Just keep in mind, @Eric Chong Eletech Raphael is a blend of ultra purity Gold-Plated Copper and Gold-Copper alloy. It is copper based but more than just a copper cable.

eletech-raph-09.jpg
How does Electech Inferno compare to Raphael?

Jul 26, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #22,341 of 23,720
Jul 26, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #22,342 of 23,720
This whole album sounds super fun on U12t

2B301BAE-3A33-4F86-8596-B711BECA08A3.png

Old pop music from 2000s or 1990s like pretty boy by M2M can sound downright nasty due to sibilance though.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #22,343 of 23,720
This whole album sounds super fun on U12t

[Stronghold Crusader]

Old pop music from 2000s or 1990s like pretty boy by M2M can sound downright nasty due to sibilance though.
Heck yeah Stronghold Crusader, that game ruled!
I took home the Mest Mk2 rather than the U12t for extended testing. For now I seek something more exciting in the high-end category and may grab the U12t - which was great but has no "wow" factor used later on.

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #22,344 of 23,720
Heck yeah Stronghold Crusader, that game ruled!
I took home the Mest Mk2 rather than the U12t for extended testing. For now I seek something more exciting in the high-end category and may grab the U12t - which was great but has no "wow" factor used later on.
image.jpg

Can’t go wrong with either. Congrats on your shiny 🎉 Maybe a U12 something successor of U12t in the future

Aug 1, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #22,345 of 23,720
Question, does anyone prefer the U18t over the U12t? If so, why? I recently purchased a U12t, and have been listening to them nonstop. I'm just wondering if the U18t improves on the U12t in anyway.

I legitimately have no idea how I slept on 64 Audio for so long.

Aug 2, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #22,346 of 23,720
Question, does anyone prefer the U18t over the U12t? If so, why? I recently purchased a U12t, and have been listening to them nonstop. I'm just wondering if the U18t improves on the U12t in anyway.

I know why, the price xD
From what the rep told and everybody told me the sound signature isn't the same (i wish it was...) so you might like it or you might not.
Your best bet is either to demo them or get them for cheap on the classified here and sell them if you don't like them

Aug 2, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #22,347 of 23,720
I know why, the price xD
From what the rep told and everybody told me the sound signature isn't the same (i wish it was...) so you might like it or you might not.
Your best bet is either to demo them or get them for cheap on the classified here and sell them if you don't like them
Thank you @tirrorex! 😉close, but the whole 18 drivers per side said "For Science!" hopefully, @64Audio will be at CanJam SoCal. Looking forward to trying the U18t for myself. If not, I will heed your suggestion.

It's a marvel of engineering to fit that many Balanced Armature Drivers in shells that small. So I'd definitely have to know what that sounds like.

I'm just baffled as to how I waited so late in my music enthusiast mind to get familiar with their wares. Better late than never..

Aug 2, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #22,348 of 23,720
Aug 2, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #22,349 of 23,720
64 intend to be at SoCal 2023: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/canjam-socal-2023-september-30-october-1.968887/

It might be worthwhile doing a forum search of posts comparing the U12T, U18T, U18S and the custom A variants. Personally my experience aligns with @mvvRAZ, in this thread and his own review thread. Or do not search and demo without preconceptions :p

See also:

https://blog.64audio.com/ciem-vs-uiem/
This is one time where ignorance is bliss. I prefer to have no expectations when it comes to IEMs. So when I do audition, my listening time is unbiased. Sometimes, it's cool to be pleasantly surprised.

Aug 2, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #22,350 of 23,720
Glad you decided to give us a chance! We put a lot of effort and time into designing our products, so it makes me really happy to read that you're impressed with the U12t. Our team will be at CanJam SoCal, so I won't tell you what I think you should demo while you're there, but we'll have some IEM's available that I really love and think you will too (especially if you like the U12t).

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back