The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 1, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #21,646 of 23,560
64 Audio Fourte Blanc in the house!

This has an amazing low end quality and extension. Treble is on the right level of realistic drums. Soundstage is quite dependent on tips, but I really liked it with Xelastec Clear.

PS.: I will report back after the honeymoon period. 😇

85E0F9AC-7CAA-4750-BD54-1584DE2CCBF3.jpeg

Feb 1, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #21,647 of 23,560
Feb 1, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #21,650 of 23,560
Feb 7, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #21,651 of 23,560
Got my hands on the U12t a few days ago - I think I now understand what is meant by good timbre. Never fully grasped it until now: the U12t sounds more natural with what feels like less effort than other ear/headphones I've tried.
Really really enjoying these.

Feb 7, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #21,652 of 23,560
Thanks to the recommendations of the good people on this forum I picked up some U12ts about a year ago. I really like them and do not feel I need more for the purpose for which I use them. What I need is to stop breaking pins on my cable. My cable is off for the second time in a year to the builder for repair. The U12ts are on their way to 64 Audio because this time a pin broke of flush with the socket and I could not get to it. So I am asking is this a 64 Audio problem, a U12t problem or am I the problem? I am almost ready to send the U12ts on their way and find something with a recessed socket or a MMCX connector.

Feb 7, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #21,654 of 23,560
Thanks to the recommendations of the good people on this forum I picked up some U12ts about a year ago. I really like them and do not feel I need more for the purpose for which I use them. What I need is to stop breaking pins on my cable. My cable is off for the second time in a year to the builder for repair. The U12ts are on their way to 64 Audio because this time a pin broke of flush with the socket and I could not get to it. So I am asking is this a 64 Audio problem, a U12t problem or am I the problem? I am almost ready to send the U12ts on their way and find something with a recessed socket or a MMCX connector.
It’s a build problem, some IEMs are metal all the way and others aren’t. Some are better quality and others aren’t. It also depends on the usage. Mine seems to be fine, but I am also super careful with them because they don’t seem to be super strong.

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #21,655 of 23,560
My Nio suffered a broken pin as well.

Feb 8, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #21,656 of 23,560
There shouldn't be anything particularly problematic with your U12t's 2-pin socket. We use what's called a triangle style socket to give the right amount of tension. Imagine a triangle where the top two lines don't meet at the top. When you insert the pin it's able to slightly expand with enough tension to hold the pin firmly and then contract when the pin is removed. We're always looking for ways to improve our products and components because nothing is without flaw, but the socket isn't likely to be causing the pin to break, unless it is physically forced in the wrong direction while inserted then it'll break off.

There's a bit of a balancing act to designing cables as well. We would always prefer that our cable breaks before our IEM does, since the cable is less costly to replace. If we made an indestructible cable and you forced it in the wrong direction it would break the IEM.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Feb 8, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #21,657 of 23,560
Is 64 audio working on any new hybrid TOTL IEMs? Do we have any idea when the next generation of product will come out? After a few years out of the hobby and getting back in now I am realizing a lot hasn’t changed, and 64 audio has always been my favorite company IEM tuning wise.

Feb 8, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #21,658 of 23,560
Is 64 audio working on any new hybrid TOTL IEMs? Do we have any idea when the next generation of product will come out? After a few years out of the hobby and getting back in now I am realizing a lot hasn’t changed, and 64 audio has always been my favorite company IEM tuning wise.
I would always assume a company like 64Audio is working on new TOTL IEMs, but of course I have no idea of anything specific.

Having followed them for a few years now, they seem to release one or two new sets each year. So far this year they have released the Forte Blanc, although it could be argued how 'new' that actually is, so I would bet there is something cooking in the coming months.

Regardless of what they may release, there are so many great choices in the current lineup, it's not like if you got one of them it would suddenly sound bad if there was a new IEM released. And if you're happy to buy second-hand, most of the current IEMs have been out in the market long enough you should be able to get a pretty good deal.

Feb 8, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #21,660 of 23,560
i wonder if there'll be a pente in the works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back