The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 15, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #19,291 of 23,560
can someone advise how to tell which apex module is which, for my u18s. i looked up the website, it doesn't really have the top view of the module, there isn't any mark to tell which is a m15,.....

Jan 15, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #19,292 of 23,560
can someone advise how to tell which apex module is which, for my u18s. i looked up the website, it doesn't really have the top view of the module, there isn't any mark to tell which is a m15,.....
The mX is black
The m15 is a gunmetal/dark grey colour
The m20 is silver

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #19,293 of 23,560
new to 64, is the apex inter-usable with fir, empire,......?

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #19,295 of 23,560
that means i can use my mx, m15 in my empire zeus? but the adel from my zeus can't plug into my u18s, right? why is it?

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #19,296 of 23,560
that means i can use my mx, m15 in my empire zeus? but the adel from my zeus can't plug into my u18s, right? why is it?
That's correct. it's because the slot for the apex module is slightly smaller, which won't let ADEL modules in. But, apex modules can fit inside ADEL slots without falling out, because of the rubber gaskets.

Jan 15, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #19,297 of 23,560
thanks so much for the clarification, i can try the apex in my zeus.
my adel is red, and is it about the same as m15?

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #19,298 of 23,560
thanks so much for the clarification, i can try the apex in my zeus.
my adel is red, and is it about the same as m15?
The red module has -10dB of isolation according to Asius's website, so the m15 module should give you more isolation and more bass.

Jan 15, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #19,299 of 23,560
funny, the 2 reviewers have essentially complete opposite views
That is the exact reason I took these 2 reviews!

It was mainly to show @Pelilin that different folks simply prefer different aspects in sound, shape, design, anything really. I thought that if he was willing to go on this journey he should realize that there is no good or bad but that it's about (often slight but sometimes major) preferences instead. Then there's the way you listen to your music, the preferred genres themselves, budget, the rest of the chain, perhaps a growth path, etcetera. Since he's having a similar situation to me (living in a region with no IEM brands to demo except for Sony, Sony, and Sony) you either need a lot of money, a lot of guts, or a lot of information to come up with an educated bet. And then it's still clever trying to buy something on sale, second hand, or whatever, in case you made the wrong bet (which is not unlikely at all) so you can sell them with a mild enough loss or even break even and hope for better times.

drftr

Jan 15, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #19,300 of 23,560
That is the exact reason I took these 2 reviews!

It was mainly to show @Pelilin that different folks simply prefer different aspects in sound, shape, design, anything really. I thought that if he was willing to go on this journey he should realize that there is no good or bad but that it's about (often slight but sometimes major) preferences instead. Then there's the way you listen to your music, the preferred genres themselves, budget, the rest of the chain, perhaps a growth path, etcetera. Since he's having a similar situation to me (living in a region with no IEM brands to demo except for Sony, Sony, and Sony) you either need a lot of money, a lot of guts, or a lot of information to come up with an educated bet. And then it's still clever trying to buy something on sale, second hand, or whatever, in case you made the wrong bet (which is not unlikely at all) so you can sell them with a mild enough loss or even break even and hope for better times.

drftr
I don't fully agree with either review, but Tokpa's writeup is pretty close to how I hear them. I own four out of the five he reviewed. I've never heard the U18S though.

By the way, you can demo lots of IEMs, including the 64audio range, at hifi solutions in Amsterdam.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #19,302 of 23,560
64 Audio only reshells for the original owner sadly (I asked when I recently bought my A12t). Maybe there are other companies that can reshell 64 Audio IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #19,303 of 23,560
I don't fully agree with either review, but Tokpa's writeup is pretty close to how I hear them. I own four out of the five he reviewed. I've never heard the U18S though.

By the way, you can demo lots of IEMs, including the 64audio range, at hifi solutions in Amsterdam.
I actually sent them a message about demoing the U18s 2 days ago as that's the one I'm really interested in. Apparently non-essential shops are going to open soon so that's good news and right in time for my visit. But since I'm only in the Netherlands for about 2 weeks every 3-4 years it adds a bit of pressure 🤯. I already found out the don't have the FiR modules in stock but they're trying to find out about the price.

drftr

Jan 15, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #19,304 of 23,560
64 Audio only reshells for the original owner sadly (I asked when I recently bought my A12t). Maybe there are other companies that can reshell 64 Audio IEMs.
I can recommend Itsfit labs. They reshelled an N8 for me.

Jan 15, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #19,305 of 23,560

His review of the A18s demo unit was mostly accurate. Theres something about the crossover or tuning that isn’t right and several people have noticed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back