The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 4, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #18,347 of 23,560
This would be my guess too.
That’d be a really interesting config, considering both are typically used exclusively as woofers. Perhaps, a planar low-end with DD mids? :wink:

At the end of the day, this is all speculation, still. Twenty-ish days to go..

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #18,349 of 23,560
That’d be a really interesting config, considering both are typically used exclusively as woofers. Perhaps, a planar low-end with DD mids? :wink:

At the end of the day, this is all speculation, still. Twenty-ish days to go..
I hope is not for a another pre-announcement. they are dragging this for too long.

Anyway... I like both ideas. Looking at how planars are designed for IEMs today, it's hard to see a duo driver IEM, but more of a duo side magnet. But, coming from 64a, we can expect a new development that can allow that.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #18,350 of 23,560
I hope is not for a another pre-announcement. they are dragging this for too long.

Anyway... I like both ideas. Looking at how planars are designed for IEMs today, it's hard to see a duo driver IEM, but more of a duo side magnet. But, coming from 64a, we can expect a new development that can allow that.
Or maybe a push-pull dual DD system? Or duo in the context of an open/closed design? Let's see. If it's not flagship level, they're probably saving that one for last.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #18,351 of 23,560
Or maybe a push-pull dual DD system? Or duo in the context of an open/closed design? Let's see. If it's not flagship level, they're probably saving that one for last.
Nice idea... My comment below was actually before seeing @riverground 's pictures...looking at those...I'm really curious now.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #18,352 of 23,560
Might be a single planar and single DD hybrid.
This would be revolutionary indeed. If it’s true, perhaps it’s a good replacement candidate to my aging i4 🤔

Sep 4, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #18,353 of 23,560
Nice idea... My comment below was actually before seeing @riverground 's pictures...looking at those...I'm really curious now.

This would be revolutionary indeed. If it’s true, perhaps it’s a good replacement candidate to my aging i4 🤔
Could it feasibly be a planar/tia implementation? Full-range planar + tia tweeter? 64 are better known for tia than anything revolutionary they've done with DDs.

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #18,355 of 23,560
Could it feasibly be a planar/tia implementation? Full-range planar + tia tweeter? 64 are better known for tia than anything revolutionary they've done with DDs.
this is also what goes on my mind, maybe it's planar + tia high driver :beyersmile:

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #18,356 of 23,560
Judging from the tease picture, it's probably going to be something newer than tia. Perhaps tia + something.The filter like thing may also be a modified form of air pressure exchange (apex)
pulp-fiction-briefcase-1000x600.jpg

64 Audio and the community right now

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #18,358 of 23,560
I love how y'all went from "boooooo 64, your marketing sucks" to full blown speculation about stuff they teased.

All things considered, this kind of organic active discussion is what the aim of marketing is to do ahead of the release. So mission accomplished, kinda?

Execution is still eh though. Still a 64 fan, but feels kinda detached say compared to the other big release.

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #18,360 of 23,560
I love how y'all went from "boooooo 64, your marketing sucks" to full blown speculation about stuff they teased.

All things considered, this kind of organic active discussion is what the aim of marketing is to do ahead of the release. So mission accomplished, kinda?

Execution is still eh though. Still a 64 fan, but feels kinda detached say compared to the other big release.
They’ll certainly hear it though if it doesn’t meet expectations. If it sounds amazing the hype train will be running full steam ahead. Audiophiles run hot & cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back