The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 21, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #16,502 of 23,565
Haha, thanks for the encouragement! As negative as my posts may sound, I am actually having a lot of fun with Noir. Definitely a chameleon, and gotta chew it to appreciate (this price range is beyond my ear/brain capacity, lol)! The thing is, when the recording is right, it has the most amazing realism I've heard from an IEM. It reminds me of listening to Focal Clear for the first time coming from Sennheiser's "veil". The speed, impact, and dynamics are great but sometimes a bit too much like the Clear. Heavily grounded on fundamental tones with just right splash as if the veil has been removed.

@SeeSa Is that the LeoII+Cleo? I have been eyeing that combo... After the No.5 experience, I'm wondering about PW 1960s too. Any experience out there with Noir + 1960s?

Yes it is, wonderful cable and I like it a lot. It’s a pretty traditional silver sound with some added smoothness and very controlled bass. Works well on the Noir. I sold my 1960, but enjoyed it on my OG Fourte back in the day. I don’t think I tried it on Noir sadly. Really just depends how you want to fine tune it. Code 51 is a little warm on it, so I’ll try Iliad when it’s back from being re-terminated.

Cheers,

-Collin-

Mar 21, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #16,503 of 23,565
I had a similar experience with 1960s 4-wire and Noir. I thought it was a very good pairing when I had it. I didn’t find it overly bassy and dark, in fact I thought it had better clarity than the stock silver cable.

BBD604B6-109D-4409-90D5-B87C2318CD91.jpeg
Is it sad that I'm more impressed by the cables in that picture? 🙄

Mar 21, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #16,504 of 23,565
How did you find the 18S and 1950s pairing?
I thought it had the best synergy out of the cables I tried, and I kept them together until I sold the demo 18s. To my ears, the 1950s improved the overall clarity and slightly sharpened the smeared transients which I felt the demo 18s desperately needed (at least my unit did, not sure if all A/U18s’ sound like that).

If I end up getting another U18s, I’ll be sure to try this pair up again and will report back my findings :)

Mar 21, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #16,505 of 23,565
Yes it is, wonderful cable and I like it a lot. It’s a pretty traditional silver sound with some added smoothness and very controlled bass. Works well on the Noir. I sold my 1960, but enjoyed it on my OG Fourte back in the day. I don’t think I tried it on Noir sadly. Really just depends how you want to fine tune it. Code 51 is a little warm on it, so I’ll try Iliad when it’s back from being re-terminated.

Cheers,

-Collin-
I do enjoy the 1960 with Noir. Having said that, from various impressions I’ve read, I’m itching to try a palladium cable (eg. Palladium plated silver) which I believe may be an even better match in terms of clarity while toning both midbass drone and upper treble harshness.

Mar 21, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #16,506 of 23,565
Is it sad that I'm more impressed by the cables in that picture? 🙄
considering we're looking at the sixty and fiddy...i'd say you were lying if you weren't.

Mar 21, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #16,507 of 23,565
I thought it had the best synergy out of the cables I tried, and I kept them together until I sold the demo 18s. To my ears, the 1950s improved the overall clarity and slightly sharpened the smeared transients which I felt the demo 18s desperately needed (at least my unit did, not sure if all A/U18s’ sound like that).

If I end up getting another U18s, I’ll be sure to try this pair up again and will report back my findings :)
Thank you. Can’t wait to demo the U18s, really like to hear how the synergy is with 1950s.

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #16,508 of 23,565
Some interesting conversations today in the Empire Ears thread about LX vs Trio, which piqued my interest in the Trio, but after another evening with Fourte, I'm not sure there is much more to wish for... Heavenly. :)

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #16,509 of 23,565
Some interesting conversations today in the Empire Ears thread about LX vs Trio, which piqued my interest in the Trio, but after another evening with Fourte, I'm not sure there is much more to wish for... Heavenly. :)

The Trio is my favorite 64 audio iem. Sorry as that probably doesn’t help you any. :wink:

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #16,510 of 23,565
The Trio is my favorite 64 audio iem. Sorry as that probably doesn’t help you any. :wink:
Haha, may give it a try but I'm so impressed with the soundstage on the Fourte... combined with great bass.. Fantastic.

You don't have the Trio in your signature anymore? Tell me more.. :)

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #16,511 of 23,565

Nothing beats fourté og bass quality 🥰 they can only dream.

Noirs fourté bass is different, more quantity then quality.

Trio bass as almost good as og but behind 😔

Pair og with a warmer source and pure quality copper cable and og will be a blast for edm. It just gets a tad bright peaky with some tracks

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #16,513 of 23,565
^^ Was that enough to even buy the Bird's cable? Dang, this hobby....especially when you start to climb the ladder; e.g. "upgrade"....you think to yourself, "hey, I'll just sell _____." The you realize it covers like 25% (at best) of the new audio toy you want, hahahaha. I love it and hate it.

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #16,514 of 23,565
^^ Was that enough to even buy the Bird's cable? Dang, this hobby....especially when you start to climb the ladder; e.g. "upgrade"....you think to yourself, "hey, I'll just sell _____." The you realize it covers like 25% (at best) of the new audio toy you want, hahahaha. I love it and hate it.

yeah, it’s a slippery slope. I assure you though, 98% of people with a Tia Trio will not feel the need to upgrade it. It’s a fantastic IEM.

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #16,515 of 23,565
yeah, it’s a slippery slope. I assure you though, 98% of people with a Tia Trio will not feel the need to upgrade it. It’s a fantastic IEM.
Guess I'm that 2%... And I "downgraded" to the nio. But the trio was excellent, and doubly so at the 30% off sale prices it goes for on occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back