The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 19, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #15,571 of 23,565
Thanks for your feedback. I guess I will try to buy an a64 Premium cable (not silver), terminated in 4.4mm, thus equivalent to the one I have for Trió, and actually like - except for its ergonomics.

PM if you want to let go yours or reply to my WTB thread.
@nrbatista Premium cables with 4.4mm connector were not available previously but is now back in stock. Better grab one before they are out of stock again.

Jan 19, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #15,572 of 23,565
Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #15,575 of 23,565
Did a bit of cable rolling today on the Fourte Noir and have landed on the Effect Audio Code 51 as my favourite sounding pair up, followed by PW Audio 1950s and the 64 Audio Premium Silver cable in third. I generally don't hear huge differences between cables but the Noir does seem to change a little more compared to other IEM's I've owned.

I will note that my least favourite pairing was the Eletech Iliad, which is strange for two reasons - Firstly, I haven't come across any other IEM that didn't pair at least reasonably well with it. And secondly, it's a very similar spec cable to Code 51 (Iliad = Flawless Monocrystal Silver/Palladium Plated Silver/Gold-Silver Alloy Hybrid. EA Code 51 = Gold Plated Silver/Silver Gold Alloy/Palladium Plated Silver Hybrid) so I'm a little surprised by that result. To my ears the Iliad added a strange mix of smoothness with a leaner tonality compared to stock, which killed the beautifully textured note weight of the Noir and pushed the treble into an overly zingy territory.

Code 51 on the other hand added a nice extra touch of note density compared to the stock cable, but not to the point of sacrificing clarity and resolution overall. Even with that extra note weight, it actually somehow sounds more resolved and spacious compared to the stock cable.

The PW Audio 1950s is a close 2nd to Code 51, but I felt that it did push the warmth a little too much in comparison. Bass and mids sounded thicker and fuller which was nice, but I felt that it was sacrificing some bass control and resolution with that extra weight. Vocals had some extra smoothness/sweetness. Treble lost a little bit of air. A nice pair up overall but just a tad too thick for my taste.

The 64 Audio Premium cable sounds fairly similar to the stock 8-wire SPC cable but I did notice a little extra bass depth over the stock cable. Tonally though, I think they are quite similar.
A75F4E55-3FF4-40EC-880F-5BBA524DC6AF.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #15,576 of 23,565
Did a bit of cable rolling today on the Fourte Noir and have landed on the Effect Audio Code 51 as my favourite sounding pair up, followed by PW Audio 1950s and the 64 Audio Premium Silver cable in third. I generally don't hear huge differences between cables but the Noir does seem to change a little more compared to other IEM's I've owned.

I will note that my least favourite pairing was the Eletech Iliad, which is strange for two reasons - Firstly, I haven't come across any other IEM that didn't pair at least reasonably well with it. And secondly, it's a very similar spec cable to Code 51 (Iliad = Flawless Monocrystal Silver/Palladium Plated Silver/Gold-Silver Alloy Hybrid. EA Code 51 = Gold Plated Silver/Silver Gold Alloy/Palladium Plated Silver Hybrid) so I'm a little surprised by that result. To my ears the Iliad added a strange mix of smoothness with a leaner tonality compared to stock, which killed the beautifully textured note weight of the Noir and pushed the treble into an overly zingy territory.

Code 51 on the other hand added a nice extra touch of note density compared to the stock cable, but not to the point of sacrificing clarity and resolution overall. Even with that extra note weight, it actually somehow sounds more resolved and spacious compared to the stock cable.

The PW Audio 1950s is a close 2nd to Code 51, but I felt that it did push the warmth a little too much in comparison. Bass and mids sounded thicker and fuller which was nice, but I felt that it was sacrificing some bass control and resolution with that extra weight. Vocals had some extra smoothness/sweetness. Treble lost a little bit of air. A nice pair up overall but just a tad too thick for my taste.

The 64 Audio Premium cable sounds fairly similar to the stock 8-wire SPC cable but I did notice a little extra bass depth over the stock cable. Tonally though, I think they are quite similar.
A75F4E55-3FF4-40EC-880F-5BBA524DC6AF.jpeg

Man I wish so much you could try Symbiote elite 19 ! This is the truly best pairing that noir ever made for me. It bring insane control to all frequencies and specially bass.

The vocals becomes more riche and natural, the timbre of voices is just to die for!

The only cable that show you such nuances and layers that you never tough achievable!

The resolution is enhanced in a way that you not only feel resolution but also feel beyond the recording quality it self. Its like you can see every note and time lapse of the music.

The treble is also amazingly transformed, even more refined less elevated and with such touche to details and tonality that it has the most pleasant and enjoyable treble I ever felt. Its not even silk it very delicate and precised.

Trust me bro, I hyped the noir and the trios a lot. I now hype the Symbiote because it truly does give a proper run and feed to the noirs so they can sound at there absolute best!

With this pairing you are entering God Mod Level, it will show you everything that is going on in your music and in your gear! And whats more phenomenal is that ot never loses its fun and musical aspect! Stays transparent and true to its source and music while same time it adds a lot of fun and pleasures! 🙂

I wish you that day when you can try the Symbiote!

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #15,577 of 23,565
Man I wish so much you could try Symbiote elite 19 ! This is the truly best pairing that noir ever made for me. It bring insane control to all frequencies and specially bass.

The vocals becomes more riche and natural, the timbre of voices is just to die for!

The only cable that show you such nuances and layers that you never tough achievable!

The resolution is enhanced in a way that you not only feel resolution but also feel beyond the recording quality it self. Its like you can see every note and time lapse of the music.

The treble is also amazingly transformed, even more refined less elevated and with such touche to details and tonality that it has the most pleasant and enjoyable treble I ever felt. Its not even silk it very delicate and precised.

Trust me bro, I hyped the noir and the trios a lot. I now hype the Symbiote because it truly does give a proper run and feed to the noirs so they can sound at there absolute best!

With this pairing you are entering God Mod Level, it will show you everything that is going on in your music and in your gear! And whats more phenomenal is that ot never loses its fun and musical aspect! Stays transparent and true to its source and music while same time it adds a lot of fun and pleasures! 🙂

I wish you that day when you can try the Symbiote!
Definitely would like to try it one day! Certainly sounds like an amazing pair up :)

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #15,578 of 23,565
Hey. Is there any recommondations on tips for U12t? Never tried the Azla Xelastec tips. Curios about them. Do they fit on the U12t?

Jan 20, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #15,579 of 23,565
Hey. Is there any recommondations on tips for U12t? Never tried the Azla Xelastec tips. Curios about them. Do they fit on the U12t?
I am currently testing a wide range of different tips, trying to find the best fit. Still a few coming in, some shipments are delayed. I will report back with my findings.

As to your question. Yes, the Xelastec tips fit on the Nio, so they will fit on the U12T as well. They will not be the winner for me, but many users are positive about them.

Jan 20, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #15,580 of 23,565
I have two go-to's: the JVC Spiral Dot (I use these with a spacer) or the Sedna EarFit. I find both quite comfortable; the JVC is softer and more comfortable at the beginning of a session, though awareness tends to increase for me with time. The Sedna is interestingly the opposite in that it is more apparent when I insert the earpiece, but it tends to disappear within 5-10 minutes of listening.

Sound wise, the SD is a little softer across the board. The bass is a little less authoritive, and upper mids / treble a wee bit gentler and more ethereal. The Sedna is a slightly bigger sound, with the bass being better controlled and having more impact; with the mids and treble a little clearer and more incisive.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #15,582 of 23,565
I’m also using Spiral Dots++ . Got curious about what exactly a “spacer” is and what is used for.

These are small rubber o-rings, such as those used on mechanical keyboards. They're quite easy to obtain and inexpensive. You'd put these on the stem so they sit at the bottom, behind the tip. In this way, the tip can't slide back too far on the nozzle - particularly useful with the likes of the Spiral Dot to ensure that the "dots" are visible to the eye, above the bore.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #15,583 of 23,565

But you haven't tried Code 51 or Leo II 8wire to truly say it is the best :wink: :D It is probably the best out of Symbiote, 1960 4wire, and 64audio Silver you tried with Noir, right?

@Damz87 while Iliad has similar wires, I found it to be a little brighter in upper mids/lower treble. Just from my personal experience, neutral-warmer cables like Code 51 and Leo II 8wire will pair up better with brighter tuned IEMs like Fourte/Noir vs neutral-brighter cables like Iliad and Horus X will pair up better with warmer tuned A18s and Nio.

Of course, everything is up to a personal preference and how we hear things.

Jan 20, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #15,584 of 23,565

I second this. Finally have someone landing on the same pair up as mine. Cheers!

Jan 20, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #15,585 of 23,565
But you haven't tried Code 51 or Leo II 8wire to truly say it is the best :wink: :D It is probably the best out of Symbiote, 1960 4wire, and 64audio Silver you tried with Noir, right?

@Damz87 while Iliad has similar wires, I found it to be a little brighter in upper mids/lower treble. Just from my personal experience, neutral-warmer cables like Code 51 and Leo II 8wire will pair up better with brighter tuned IEMs like Fourte/Noir vs neutral-brighter cables like Iliad and Horus X will pair up better with warmer tuned A18s and Nio.

Of course, everything is up to a personal preference and how we hear things.

😛😛😛

You are stealing the symbiote fun here 🙃 and no I didn't try the code 51 and Leo...
I have a philosophy that goes against any cable that has plated metals or any hybrid combinations... As anything that is plated loses its efficiency and conductivity speed.
I also find plated metals to exhibit bright spikes in treble, which I hate 😜

Pure silver or pure copper is the only best conductivity metals that exists and its proven by sience.... so when you see a cable that has 5 different metals and its plated and it has this and that lol and ot cost 3000$ I am asking serious questions here wata F is that?

The way electricity is passed threw a wire will affect the sound, its a fact true. But thats why you have a silver only and a copper only cable. Silver is 108% conductivity and copper os 100%, once you start doing plating you get something like 75% conductivity.... So imagine that cable who have many platings and its gold and platinum and all that you at the end getting a conductivity of like 50% lol

Yes ir may sound fun and different and give a perception of uniqueness, yes it may. But it will never be as good as a true pure cable made of silver or copper.

Also Symbiote is one very unique cable as the silver metal it uses and the gage arent sound sounding like a silver traditionally. There is different methods how to extrude the metal. Faster you do the cable in the process brighter it gets if you do it slower it sound warmer, but that process it very costly...
Look at kimber kables, there silver cables cost in the 3k range. This is the reason why its more expensive cause the technic applied, which go gets full positive properties of a cable to make ot sound better.

Now again, there is alot of choices on the market and at various prices. But to me and my experience I had, the only true best cable is pure silver or pure copper or make it 50/50 like dhc did it, and again its not plated lol its 1 strand pure copper and 1 strand pure silver and voila.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back