[The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp
Jan 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #151 of 200
Quote:
 The future support for the Orpheus is up in the air as some parts are already out of stock and it's too costly to make new ones.  Ditto on the HE60.  I'm sure they will continue to stock the earpads and headpads but the rest... 

I actually talked to their part manager and he said that Sennheiser will continue to support the Orpheus and they have ability to make new parts.  Of course, I can phone in again just to be sure but I didn't have to wait long when I ordered the headband & earpads the last time around.  The pads and headbands were shipped from Germany as the US stock was exhausted.

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #152 of 200
That's news to me, last I checked they were all out of headband pads and the ear pads I ordered were the last they had and this was almost 2 years ago. I would love a new headband pad as mine is now starting to flake. Somebody PLEASE make a leather replacement for these headphones! Gary

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #154 of 200
Well, I contacted Dwight Stevenson, spare parts manager, about a 1.5 years ago and that he told me that the Orpheus will continue to get the support from them.  You guys maybe right as this may have changed.  I'll call him tomorrow to see if he can get us some more pads & headbands.  Here's Dwight's contact info:

Jan 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #156 of 200
Quote:
The L3000 is tacky, the R10 looks like a pair of wooden breasts on the sides of your head.  I've owned both, enjoyed the sound of the R10, and still would never call them attractive (especially the Sonys)

Quote:
You and your breasts comment.  
wink_face.gif
  Still I think that the L3000 has the most luxurious feel among the highend phones.  I love the SR009 aesthetic too and will chase it down one of these days. 

I think the wood on the R10 has different variation.  Here's a picture of my pair.  

So, how's the luxurious feel of your wood boobies?

I was surprised to find that the L3000 is oddly less tacky in person and doesn't sound too bad. And while the HE90's soft bits deteriorate like crazy and the Jades need a straight up driver transplant to a better frame, none of that matters when you're entranced by the sound.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #157 of 200
Stuff like the HE90 housings are gone forever plus they were running low on drivers last I heard.  I have the last set of housings in the world but they will never end up on ebay...
redface.gif

Quote:
I got the last headpads for the HE90 in Sennheiser USA's stock maybe a year ago.  Now they ship them from Germany IIRC.

The ones I got for you were probably new production as the parts department in Germany had to wait for them to arrive.  I can check the stock when I get a chance to see what they really have. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #158 of 200
Update:  I talked to Dwight Stevenson, a Spare Parts Manager, and was able to place an order for one set of ear pads and two headband cushions.  The headband cushion is still in stock (several of them in fact!) but the earpads will have to shipped from Germany.  The lead time on the pads is approximately three weeks.  Dwight doesn't know how long Sennheiser will continue to carry the parts but it is still show as "Stock" parts right now.  I didn't check on other parts.  So use your judgement guys.

[size=small]"The HE90 ear cushions, part  068932  are $160.38 and the head cushion 046942 is $36.77 and both are available from Germany."[/size]

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #160 of 200
At the NY Audio Show right now - as per Sennheiser rep, new electrostats coming but not for another 24 months at least - one will be a step up from the Orpheus, one will be a step below - also, HD900 coming - he gave no details for the upcoming releases except for what I just mentioned

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #161 of 200
Perhaps this will come true. There certainly seems to be a lot of interest in high end stats over the last year. I have a BHSE/009 order in process, but did ask for the HE90 plug, just in case some interesting Senn stat showed up.

Love the HD800 in my office setup, but if the HD900 is moar better...

Apr 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #162 of 200
Quote:
At the NY Audio Show right now - as per Sennheiser rep, new electrostats coming but not for another 24 months at least - one will be a step up from the Orpheus, one will be a step below - also, HD900 coming - he gave no details for the upcoming releases except for what I just mentioned

That's mighty interesting, I sure can't wait to see Senn spit out 3 headphones that are superior to the HD800's if that's the case... Now nobody can complain as you've got a few to pick from.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Apr 13, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #164 of 200
Quote:

Do you mean that there are 24 months at least also for the HD900, or they are about to be released now\very soon?

If they are about to release the HD900 now, it will be a shame. I just ordered the HD800 :\...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back