THE NOBLE 4 (universal) Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)
Apr 10, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #31 of 124

But we all love audio! That's all that matters! Our quest for audio nirvana keeps us here. (for very long time with much $$$ spent)

The road to no-where......

That's true although I'm kinda starting to think it's not as much a quest for the best sound anymore as much as a hobby with some elements of addiction. 

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #32 of 124
Quote:
  You're misinterpreting my impressions - I'm not saying it's warm but rather that it's slightly on the warm side of neutral with the blue core tips. While with the ortofon tips it get's a bit cooler and closer to analytical. I don't really have warm sources but I haven't heard the X5 - judging by some of the impressions it might be a bit on the bright side though.

Aye, sorry me bad XD

Say, for the blue tips, anyone know why theres like a line of rubber present in the bore of the tip??

Apr 10, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #33 of 124
Quote:
Aye, sorry me bad XD

Say, for the blue tips, anyone know why theres like a line of rubber present in the bore of the tip??

The idea is u can develop ur own damper and tweak the sound. The robber cross member would help to retain the damper in place.

I'm not saying I recommend the use of it, but that is the purpose of it

I cut it off on mine

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 10, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #34 of 124
The idea is u can develop ur own damper and tweak the sound. The robber cross member would help to retain the damper in place.

I'm not saying I recommend the use of it, but that is the purpose of it

I cut it off on mine

Wow, thats really interesting.
beyersmile.png

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #36 of 124
  @d marc0 thank you very much my friend for including the humble ears of djvkool in this tour 
beerchug.gif

You're welcome my friend! 
beerchug.gif

I look forward to your opinion about them...

Apr 11, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #37 of 124
I've been spending some more time this afternoon with Noble 4. I'm still overly satisfied with them, especially with the right tracks, however, what I'm finding is when searching through my library, there's some genre's that require a touch of bass they sound a little light in note weight. To give you an idea of my preferences a well sealed ER4S has plenty enough low end quantity for me, so it's not that I'm a bass head, I can very much enjoy a neutral signature however what I'm finding is the low end is just a little too absent at times. I'm getting a perfect seal, so that's not the problem. I just find with some ambient tracks, for example, some of the atmosphere is missing at times.

Does anyone else find Noble 4 just a wincy bit light in the low end? I wonder what White Lotus will think who requires nothing less than a thump from the low end. 

None the less here's a track that sounds very nice with Noble 4.

Oh, and a photo I took...

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #38 of 124
  I've been spending some more time this afternoon with Noble 4. I'm still overly satisfied with them, especially with the right tracks, however, what I'm finding is when searching through my library, there's some genre's that require a touch of bass they sound a little light in note weight. To give you an idea of my preferences a well sealed ER4S has plenty enough low end quantity for me, so it's not that I'm a bass head, I can very much enjoy a neutral signature however what I'm finding is the low end is just a little too absent at times. I'm getting a perfect seal, so that's not the problem. I just find with some ambient tracks, for example, some of the atmosphere is missing at times.

Does anyone else find Noble 4 just a wincy bit light in the low end? I wonder what White Lotus will think who requires nothing less than a thump from the low end. 

None the less here's a track that sounds very nice with Noble 4.

Oh, and a photo I took...

Nice track mate! Awesome photo as well...

I always find the Noble 4 a bit lacking for metal. Otherwise, the rest of the tracks that I've tried them with are played perfectly well. I might ask which tracks you find them a bit lacking on bass... and try it once the Noble 4 gets back to me.

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #39 of 124

Nice track mate! Awesome photo as well...

I always find the Noble 4 a bit lacking for metal. Otherwise, the rest of the tracks that I've tried them with are played perfectly well. I might ask which tracks you find them a bit lacking on bass... and try it once the Noble 4 gets back to me.

This one is an example: http://thepolishambassador.bandcamp.com/track/your-last-breath

About 0:37 when the bass starts creating rhythm for the track.

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #40 of 124

This one is an example: http://thepolishambassador.bandcamp.com/track/your-last-breath

About 0:37 when the bass starts creating rhythm for the track.

Are you playing this direct through the C3? or with amp?

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #41 of 124

Are you playing this direct through the C3? or with amp?

Orginally from C3 (which we know rolls off early). They seem to take a somewhat drastic hit from C3 headphone out downstairs which is not the earphones fault.

Through Clip Zip which measure flat (no roll off) they're preferable, still a little laid back with certain genres. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #42 of 124

Well, not for a reference iem. For instance, with the blue core tips IMO the N4's bass is easily weightier and with better impact and thickness than the er4's. N4's bass changes a lot with different tips and IMO those red core ones you use aren't the best tips for it as I mentioned before. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #43 of 124
  Well, not for a reference iem. For instance, with the blue core tips IMO the N4's bass is easily weightier and with better impact and thickness than the er4's. N4's bass changes a lot with different tips and IMO those red core ones you use aren't the best tips for it as I mentioned before. 

Yeah I'm not sure about that, I personally can hear it rolling off early even with true flat measuring sources and a tight seal. Like it's missing some extension on the low end. I understand it's meant to be a reference IEM, and neutrality is the key here. it not so much the quantity I'm missing more the full range down below 80hz. Above that it's fine.

I'd,like to see a graph sometime, considering N4 has two BA's dedicated to the low end.

I've tried lots of tips its the same for me.

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #45 of 124

Yeah I'm not sure about that, I personally can hear it rolling off early even with true flat measuring sources and a tight seal. Like it's missing some extension on the low end. I understand it's meant to be a reference IEM, and neutrality is the key here. it not so much the quantity I'm missing more the full range down below 80hz. Above that it's fine.

I'd,like to see a graph sometime, considering N4 has two BA's dedicated to the low end.

I've tried lots of tips its the same for me.

Yeah, there is definitely some bass roll off but not more than with er4s. Otherwise the bass is definitely not lighter than the er4s - it's the other way around. Anyway, I don't really find it that lacking to bother me - you can always try a little bit of bass boost coz the N4 has surprisingly low distortion in comparison to iems like B2 or even er4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back