THE NOBLE 4 (universal) Australian Tour Thread - (Impressions / Reviews)
Apr 11, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #46 of 124

Yeah, there is definitely some bass roll off but not more than with er4s. Otherwise the bass is definitely not lighter than the er4s - it's the other way around. Anyway, I don't really find it that lacking to bother me - you can always try a little bit of bass boost coz the N4 has surprisingly low distortion in comparison to iems like B2 or even er4s.

With regards to the bass of the N4, its not as dense as the bass in other earphones IMO. Does the er4s have more bass quantity than the N4??

It's not a major issue imo, simply something I've picked up myself. I know the ambience with some tracks and could sense an absence in the low end at times.

I could play several tracks without any concern though every now and then some reach down low caught my ear.

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #47 of 124

It's not a major issue imo, simply something I've picked up myself. I know the ambience with some tracks and could sense an absence in the low end at times.

I could play several tracks without any concern though every now and then some reach down low caught my ear.

Well, I guess it also depends on personal preference. I was listening recently to that Cybered album that I think you linked me to a year or so ago and I quite liked how the N4 handled all that deep bass - tight, fast and controlled. I'm sure a lot of people might want a bigger thump but IMO that almost always leads to slower overall bass, which I' don't always like. You can also try some comply t500 on.

Apr 11, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #48 of 124
I did a sub-bass test on the Noble 4 with c5 amp bass boost off and it passed with flying colors. 20hz sounded good during the test. With c3 alone there was a big roll off hit, very drastic.

@H20 have you tried doing A/B of the zip with and without amp? Could be a power issue.

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #49 of 124
Well, I guess it also depends on personal preference. I was listening recently to that Cybered album that I think you linked me to a year or so ago and I quite liked how the N4 handled all that deep bass - tight, fast and controlled. I'm sure a lot of people might want a bigger thump but IMO that almost always leads to slower overall bass, which I' don't always like. You can also try some comply t500 on.

Need thump?

N3, N5, N6 can satisfy those needs.

The N4, PR & FR are more about a reference type sound.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 12, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #50 of 124
I did a sub-bass test on the Noble 4 with c5 amp bass boost off and it passed with flying colors. 20hz sounded good during the test. With c3 alone there was a big roll off hit, very drastic.

@H20 have you tried doing A/B of the zip with and without amp? Could be a power issue.

I tried with Tralucent T1 this morning, still hearing a slight absence personally somewhere in sub-bass regions.

I need to make it clear though, what I'm hearing isn't going to ruin Noble 4's presentation, the amounts I'm talking are rather subtle. My original post regarding the matter was merely to get some others opinions, not to start some outright concern about N4 having no bass what so ever. 

Need to keep things in perspective and proportions I'm talking about for future readers.. :)

Apr 12, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #51 of 124
I tried with Tralucent T1 this morning, still hearing a slight absence personally somewhere in sub-bass regions.

I need to make it clear though, what I'm hearing isn't going to ruin Noble 4's presentation, the amounts I'm talking are rather subtle. My original post regarding the matter was merely to get some others opinions, not to start some outright concern about N4 having no bass what so ever. 

Need to keep things in perspective and proportions I'm talking about for future readers.. :)

No worries mate. Any impression may it be positive or negative is welcome in this thread.

Apr 12, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #52 of 124
thanks d marc0 :) !

hmmm some reason tagging me in the post didn't seem to send me an email - almost missed all the fun :D

look forward to hearing them.
I very nearly bought a N6 a month ago but wasn't sure re fit and getting enough sub-bass compared to say H300 (although I suspect the presentation is different altogether) . If anything I'd appreciate the change to get to try their universal mold, and maybe get an idea of the new house sound (not sure how similar 4 and 6 are)

wonder if FullCircle will reconsider making N8 or N10 :p . (tried to talk to him about it before without much luck, despite there being demo units of both. I think)

Apr 12, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #53 of 124
Need thump?

N3, N5, N6 can satisfy those needs.

The N4, PR & FR are more about a reference type sound.

Your highness Dr Moulton - if you intend on doing universal 3 or 5 drivers hybrid, I can assure you that I would be (one of) the first to buy (as long as the price is reasonable) 
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #54 of 124
thanks d marc0
smily_headphones1.gif
!

hmmm some reason tagging me in the post didn't seem to send me an email - almost missed all the fun
biggrin.gif

look forward to hearing them.
I very nearly bought a N6 a month ago but wasn't sure re fit and getting enough sub-bass compared to say H300 (although I suspect the presentation is different altogether) . If anything I'd appreciate the change to get to try their universal mold, and maybe get an idea of the new house sound (not sure how similar 4 and 6 are)

You're welcome mate! I do think you may need to use your bass boost to fully enjoy them... 
etysmile.gif

Your highness Dr Moulton - if you intend on doing universal 3 or 5 drivers hybrid, I can assure you that I would be (one of) the first to buy (as long as the price is reasonable) 
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

I'll be next in line... provided I have the funds 
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #55 of 124
I almost bought the Noble 4 back in Febuary... opted for the SM 64 instead. My question is how does the N4 sound in comparison to the H-300? Your response will probably be the deciding factor in me getting the N4.

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #56 of 124
  I almost bought the Noble 4 back in Febuary... opted for the SM 64 instead. My question is how does the N4 sound in comparison to the H-300? Your response will probably be the deciding factor in me getting the N4.

They are quite different in the sense that the Noble 4 has a neutral sound signature while the H-300 is v-shaped. Both are really good in detail retrieval but I give the advantage to the Noble 4 because it is less colored and more clear sounding from sub-bass to mid-bass sections. Otherwise, both IEMs really compliment each other because they both have excellent clarity and detail with the Noble 4 for reference listening and the H-300 for the fun side of music listening.

Apr 14, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #58 of 124
They are quite different in the sense that the Noble 4 has a neutral sound signature while the H-300 is v-shaped. Both are really good in detail retrieval but I give the advantage to the Noble 4 because it is less colored and more clear sounding from sub-bass to mid-bass sections. Otherwise, both IEMs really compliment each other because they both have excellent clarity and detail with the Noble 4 for reference listening and the H-300 for the fun side of music listening.

Or get the Noble FR and have both "fun" & "reference" SQ all housed in one IEM

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 15, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #59 of 124
Guys, we're coming slowly to Thursday (in Australia).

My week with Noble 4 will be finished on Thursday which is when I was going to send Noble 4 onwards.

However, the next 4 days after (Fri,Sat,Sun,Mon) are all Easter holidays and the unit will basically be sitting doing nothing at some random holding center.

Would you like me to go ahead and mail the unit this Thursday, or wait until the Easter rush is over and send the following Tuesday?

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #60 of 124
  Guys, we're coming slowly to Thursday (in Australia).

My week with Noble 4 will be finished on Thursday which is when I was going to send Noble 4 onwards.

However, the next 4 days after (Fri,Sat,Sun,Mon) are all Easter holidays and the unit will basically be sitting doing nothing at some random holding center.

Would you like me to go ahead and mail the unit this Thursday, or wait until the Easter rush is over and send the following Tuesday?

Send on Tuesday mate, good as gold, so you can enjoy natural sounding Taylor Swift for 4 more days 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back