The New Thinksound Woodies. ON2, Rain3 and MS02
Jun 2, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #61 of 102
Listening to Pink Floyd's DOSM with the On2, and it has never sounded better. This is an absolutely phenomenal headphone, and I sing its praises. Stunning!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #62 of 102
So I bought the new Astell & Kern SE100 and was more than a little afraid that it would reach the limits of the ON2s.

I was wrong, the ON2s only sound that much better with the new DAP. Plenty of depth, space, clarity without overbloating. These 'phones really make listening to music a joy.

Aug 12, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #65 of 102
I saw that. My dilemma is that I've spent a lot of money lately and I really don't have a spot for a portable set. Decisions decisions...
I know exactly what you feel. This illness is just terrible for your wallet. It's less then half the price I payed for it So waiting is sometimes the best to do. But not the nicest thing for our hunger.

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #66 of 102
I know exactly what you feel. This illness is just terrible for your wallet. It's less then half the price I payed for it So waiting is sometimes the best to do. But not the nicest thing for our hunger.

I also don't really like anyone enough to want to gift a pair... Am I a bad person?

It does make me wonder though: these have been on sale in numerous places a lot recently. Does this mean Thinksound is about to launch a new generation? (Or have they already and I've just not been paying attention?)

Sep 24, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #68 of 102
I feel it is one of those cans that if you dont own one you just dont know. Recent massdrop deal for $130 had to be one of the best deals for money. Still a bit overlooked. Which is a damn shame.

I picked up a set from a recent drop for $89. I am thoroughly impressed with these gems! I have heard and/or owned more than a few portable headphones. The On2s have the best SQ/tuning of any I have heard.

Sep 26, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #69 of 102
Thinksound ts02, I used to get those all the time. Could have sworn it was before 2016 though. I buy broken headphones to fix all the time. Be warned many of them there is not enough glue connecting the speaker to the wood part and they pop off when trying to remove the ear tips. This is the way I would get them 90% of the time, some super glue fixes the issue though.

Edit: Oh wait, ms02 are the new version. Looks just the same though.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #70 of 102
I found when I changed the cable on the on2 it tamed the treble and warmed smoothed the sound out further. It's a great cable but having used it on different gear it does enhance treble just that bit more from high mids up

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #73 of 102
I spent a day doing listening comparisons between the On2 headphones I said I wouldn't buy and my closest competitor to it, the Sennheiser Momentum (original). I have to say, it was something else for the On2 (real on-ear headphones) to make the Momentums feel roomy inside the pad (usually, it's pretty tight). After a quick period of adjusting to it, both would feel comfortable. They seemed to block out about an equal amount of ambient noise (just the AC). They're both stylish in their own rights.

I enjoyed them both about equally. The Momentums struck me as darker overall. Both had fine mids, Momentum having more emphasis in the lower mids, On2 more in the, er, middle of the middle frequencies. Truthfully, my aim was just to have a quick listen to one of the pairs I got before sending it to my sister. She's a notorious cheapskate and so I wanted to send her a "used" pair so she wouldn't feel badly. I may bust them out again though... plenty of time before Christmas. Haven't had a chance to compare to the MS02 after all...

Feb 11, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #75 of 102
I got Thinksound rain3 and I like them very much! I was a bit underwhelmed by sound quality right out from box, bass seemed to be a bit boomy and sound was quite muffle in general, lacking air. After 50 hours or so burn-in things have improved quite a bit, sound has gained a lot air between instruments and it sounds clearer and cleaner in general. Sound signature is on warmer side of neutral, and sound is indeed smooth like described on package. It's maybe slightly u-shaped, but I don't think mids are really recessed, maybe only very slightly but it doesn't bother me at all even though mids are very important for me personally. Bass levels are well above neutral but not too much and it's not muddying sound, but gives that nice warmth and fullness to sound. Highs are pretty polite but there is just enough sparkle to make sound not too warm.

There's indeed problem with glue of casing like many have reported. I already got my right side seperated when I pulled of eartip, but well my bad as I held it from wood part when pulling tip off, but no biggie, it's quick to fix with superglue. There's also notable driver flex noise when pushing iems into ear, but it's not too annoying and these iems can be inserted into ear without driver flex noise. I find rain3 to be quite comfy in ear. Overall rain3 is very pleasant and relaxed sounding iem which I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back