The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Apr 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #1,067 of 1,522
Quote:

well, i better get them modded then! which one did u do?

look at post 1061.... silverstone acoustic foam in cups...dynamat on back of driver and on front of cups... and removed mesh of one stock pad, cut it in half and stuffed it in the back half of ws55 pads (like the foam mod or stuffing mod) so the drivers are angled towards you.

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #1,070 of 1,522
Quote:
look at post 1061.... silverstone acoustic foam in cups...dynamat on back of driver and on front of cups... and removed mesh of one stock pad, cut it in half and stuffed it in the back half of ws55 pads (like the foam mod or stuffing mod) so the drivers are angled towards you.

In my experience mod like that usually kill the soundstage, especially on phone with small cups like S400, even the slightest cotton could have adverse effect on soundstage, how's yours?

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #1,071 of 1,522
Theres no cotton in it.  

Cotton or polyfilling or stuffing is used to increase treble by "confusing the speaker" that there is more space than there really is.  Filling/stuffing is hard to get down as theres so many different materials people use and the amount they use.  Most of the time people use too much and essentially just becomes dampening material.  

Foam/felt/other absorbant material is used to absorb reverb/back waves coming from the driver aka dampening.

Two totally different things

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #1,072 of 1,522
Misworded it, I've tried lots of filling, cotton, foam, tack it and other I don't remember much now. They're all end up stiffing the sound stage one way or another, then again, stock pad or even only slightly bigger pad S400 don't really have much to offer in that department so maybe the impact isn't as bad.

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #1,073 of 1,522
whoa.... so after burning the s400's in for how many days straight.  The bass impact vastly improved....no bloated bass but good tight punch.   

Apr 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #1,075 of 1,522

Users who are viewing this thread

Back