The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Apr 29, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #1,397 of 1,522

There's no such things as TOO forward mids ^^ altough I wonder about the subbass, feels like I'd want S400 mids but S500 bass, how much of a difference is it?

Thing is, with the stock pads they're not TOO forward, but they'll sound undefined in some songs when the song already has forward vocals.

I'm using the AKG pads with the foam removed BTW. 

I learned to appreciate the sound, but they're extremely uncomfortable right now. After 3 minutes my ears will hurt by the pads.

May 1, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #1,402 of 1,522
thx for the reply would you consider this headphone good all rounder.

How do they compare in terms or detail, clarity, Soundstage.

I haven't heard the Koss, but I can tell about the S400's. 

Detail is VERY good, especially for the price. You seriously won't be dissapointed if you're looking for a lot of detail in your music with these headphones.

Clarity depends entirely on the song, and the way they place on your ears. If they are on the ''sweetspot'' on your ears, and the recording is ''right'' (for the headphones), than they will truly deliver very satisfactory clarity.

But on other times the clarity is not impressive, decent or good.

Soundstage is really small, but it's there.

May 7, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #1,405 of 1,522
In my opinion, the KSC75s are leagues ahead of the JVCs. That's if you want a more realistic and neutral sound. The JVCs are so wonky and honky, I've never been able to get on with them. Despite modding, pad changing and EQing, Ithey just neversounded right to me yet I'm pleased every time I try the Koss on.

May 8, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #1,406 of 1,522
In my opinion, the KSC75s are leagues ahead of the JVCs. That's if you want a more realistic and neutral sound. The JVCs are so wonky and honky, I've never been able to get on with them. Despite modding, pad changing and EQing, Ithey just neversounded right to me yet I'm pleased every time I try the Koss on.

They sound very realistic to me on a lot of tracks after some burn in and if you place them on the ''sweetspot'' on your ears.

May 9, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #1,408 of 1,522

They sound pretty good to me (modded) for a set of $25 headphones, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back