The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Dec 2, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #3,916 of 4,956

What do you mean?

before i switched to VSD3, i was using koss kdx200 and i felt vocals are smaller on the vsd3. i felt exactly the same thing on the gr02. s version also does not have the biggest presentation but in time i felt less difference between kdx200 & ostry. but as i said before, differences are already small. i did not used them altogether at the same time so i'm not the most reliable person about this comparison but i'm sure they're very similar and differences are not worth to talk about that much. if there's a difference that difference on a "feel" level . there's nothing to affect a buying choice. detailed reviews & opinions could be confusing...

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #3,918 of 4,956
Yeah, if the bass increases a little the v shapped signature gets more noticeable, diminishing the perception of the voices and midrange...

a "probably" from me goes for the vocals part but not for the midrange. that's exactly what i tried to point. vsd3's bass could be a little more "punchy" but the difference is too small again and the midrange is exactly same between two versions. they have big sounding mids which causing vertically long soundstage. but yes, maybe that difference in bass punch caused a little muffled vocals but i don't mind. they're still %95 the same product. i'll buy a vsd3 again if i feel the need of buying a vsd3 series again then i'll make my conclusion :) which again proves that the two are too similar because i feel the need of buying the product again to conclude. enough said for me...

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #3,919 of 4,956
But the cable is almost the same price of a new VSD3...

Exactly....almost. Not the same cost. Less.

Why would I keep buying the same IEM multiple times when I could just replace the cable? You know its going to fail, just as pretty much every cable eventually does. This cable has been proven to be a wet noodle of durability.

Just as I called impending cable issues when I first commented on mine when they arrived, I bet many of those with fixed cables will still have them die out pretty quickly.

Not trying to be a downer...I'm just worried that if they really are using the same cable and ditching the plug, that doesn't fix anything.

I love the VSD3, and its sad to see such a minor issue affect so many. Were I able to do anything about it, I sure as heck would. It sucks....

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #3,921 of 4,956
Prolly they won't.
Yes I was criticizing the cable high cost...
But I believe the cut sounding problems were due to the earpiece, not the cable. I have the silver cable, the sound is still cutting off...I believe the earpiece connector internals is somehow loose...

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #3,923 of 4,956
Quick point.  Thought the non-detachable version was using a silver plated cable, not OFC like with the detachable versions?  Or are we talking something else?

From LMUE site:

Due to slow production process of the detachable VSD3S model, Vsonic had introduced a non-detachable VSD3S version to speed up the supply of this model. This version will use the silver plated cables instead of the copper cables of the detachable version.  The silver cables will actually improve on the sonic quality by improving on the clarity and treble extension.

Anyone verify with newer version concerning cable & sound?

Dec 2, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #3,924 of 4,956
  Quick point.  Thought the non-detachable version was using a silver plated cable, not OFC like with the detachable versions?  Or are we talking something else?

From LMUE site:

Due to slow production process of the detachable VSD3S model, Vsonic had introduced a non-detachable VSD3S version to speed up the supply of this model. This version will use the silver plated cables instead of the copper cables of the detachable version.  The silver cables will actually improve on the sonic quality by improving on the clarity and treble extension.

Anyone verify with newer version concerning cable & sound?

I have the silver plated upgrade cable and the stock, and there is def a sound difference. The stock one has more bass while the silver one has better treble and tighter bass. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #3,925 of 4,956
Ordered a pair of VSD3 over the black friday sale from lendmeurears and received the IEM's today. Upon closer inspection I realized that they shipped me a pair of VSD3S, damn. I could understand how they could have made the mistake as it was only a smallish sticker denoting that it was a VSD3S on the packaging. Waiting for their response...

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #3,926 of 4,956
i ordered red color detechable version vsd3s 2 days ago from lmue, now awaiting shipment and i send e-mail lmue and for this major problem and i want to change with non detechable version, what sohuld i do :frowning2:

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #3,929 of 4,956
i ordered red color detechable version vsd3s 2 days ago from lmue, now awaiting shipment and i send e-mail lmue and for this major problem and i want to change with non detechable version, what sohuld i do :frowning2:

Welcome to Head-fi! Sorry about your wallet. :D

Well just cut a tucket ASAP......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back