The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Nov 28, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #3,886 of 4,956
noob question...how many drivers are there in this iem.. dynamic? :p

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #3,889 of 4,956
non detachable...then u wont feel the urge to change cable...
and if the cable snaps, u can BUY A NEW toy !!
u WIN either way  :p

Nov 29, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #3,891 of 4,956
By the way, about the non-detachable version on LMUE:
Note: Due to slow production process of the detachable VSD3S model, Vsonic had introduced a non-detachable VSD3S version to speed up the supply of this model. This version will use the silver plated cables instead of the copper cables of the detachable version.  The silver cables will actually improve on the sonic quality by improving on the clarity and treble extension. 

Nov 29, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #3,892 of 4,956
^^
haha... i just bought a red-blue non detachable vsd3 i hope it is also silver plated. It probably is, but LMUE just didn't change the the red text to say vsd3.

the vsd3s non-detachable is at ~40 dollars USD what a deal.

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #3,896 of 4,956
How is the fit on the IM50 vs. the VSD3? What about the detail and clarity?

Anyone using the VSD3 have any experience with the Melectronics M6? I am currently looking at upgrading my gym IEMs to something with a little more clarity.

Nov 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #3,897 of 4,956
  How is the fit on the IM50 vs. the VSD3? What about the detail and clarity?

Anyone using the VSD3 have any experience with the Melectronics M6? I am currently looking at upgrading my gym IEMs to something with a little more clarity.

They're on the same level. For gym use, I'd want the IM50. VSD3 will have more clarity, but not more detail. Treble is more natural and less harsh on the IM50. Mids are better as well. IM50 has infinitely better build, though I'd say VSD3 has better fit (though not by too much). If I were using them in the gym though, I'd take the ATs just for the build alone. 

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #3,898 of 4,956

They're on the same level. For gym use, I'd want the IM50. VSD3 will have more clarity, but not more detail. Treble is more natural and less harsh on the IM50. Mids are better as well. IM50 has infinitely better build, though I'd say VSD3 has better fit (though not by too much). If I were using them in the gym though, I'd take the ATs just for the build alone. 

Thanks for the response. Not to derail this thread too far, but do you believe that the IM50 would be able to stay seated within my ear canal while moving around? I'm worried about the fit as it appears the IM50 somewhat protrudes.

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #3,899 of 4,956

Thanks for the response. Not to derail this thread too far, but do you believe that the IM50 would be able to stay seated within my ear canal while moving around? I'm worried about the fit as it appears the IM50 somewhat protrudes.

It does protrude more than the VSD3, but the memory wires help it stay in place. if you have very small ears they could be a problem, but otherwise, I don't think they'd be a problem. 

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #3,900 of 4,956

+1 on everything, absolutely agree!  Plus want to add that IM50 has a faster more aggressive mid-bass punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back