The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Nov 20, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #3,856 of 4,956
  Having said that, I am still saving up for the Sidy DGS 200, Havi b6/b9, Kc07 and VSD5/7. Gonna have to diversify fo sho

Damn. There's a kc07 coming out as well???

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #3,858 of 4,956

Man its gonna be expensive to get all that. My wallets probably like:

Lol - yup! And then...

(saw that on the deals thread and had to share it!)

Nov 21, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #3,861 of 4,956
Nov 21, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #3,862 of 4,956
The reason why it has the sound cut off was already identified?

I believe the inside connector pin in the cable is too thin...

If so, like I said before, every VSD3S with DC have high probability of failing at this aspect in the future.

This Lunashop's cable has a thicker pin? If not, that does not help with this problem...

My fixed cable VSD3S is almost coming due to replacement. Because I have problems with the DC ones. I strongly believe my VDS3S would never get problems because they were rock solid for two weeks. I was wrong.

Don't bother on the DC ones. Don't bother about cables, your DC VSD3S will most likely fail in the future. Get the fixed ones (if they are nice build).

OK...wait for reviews :D

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #3,863 of 4,956
y'all reckon that LMUE will further discount the VSD3S non-detachable for the black friday week? 
pre-black friday sales coupon "LMUECUST" puts the iem at $41.01 USD (5% off).

I guess i have 'till sunday night to decide so i can catch them on a business day.

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #3,865 of 4,956
I'd be very interested to see if anyone has a general Rockbox EQ for the VSD3S. I love my pair a bunch, but underestimated how sensitive I am to its sibilance. Everything else is perfect, but some of my favorite songs (Ex: FKA Twigs' "Water Me") are almost painful to listen to.

EDIT: Okay, so here is what I came up with with some fiddling:

Frequency: 7500 Hz
Q: 1.9
Gain: -9.0 dB

and

Frequency: 12000 Hz

It's almost certainly overkill, but I for the life of me can't find exactly where my sibilance problems are, and the above really tones them down. I think it sounds great!

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #3,866 of 4,956
  I'd be very interested to see if anyone has a general Rockbox EQ for the VSD3S. I love my pair a bunch, but underestimated how sensitive I am to its sibilance. Everything else is perfect, but some of my favorite songs (Ex: FKA Twigs' "Water Me") are almost painful to listen to.

EDIT: Okay, so here is what I came up with with some fiddling:

Frequency: 7500 Hz

and

Frequency: 12000 Hz

It's almost certainly overkill, but I for the life of me can't find exactly where my sibilance problems are, and the above really tones them down. I think it sounds great!

If you can sweep the frequency with the software you are using, just put it to +9 or so dB, lower the volume slightly, play a track and sweep the frequency. Any sibilant area should jump out at you as you sweep over it, more so than the other areas.
That said the VSD3S from graphs has a very similar FR to the GR07 so around 6.5-7K and around 11-12K is where some areas of focus probably lie. My guess is that around -4dB should be enough to put them level with the surrounding frequencies, using a narrow bandwidth/Q.

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #3,867 of 4,956

If you can sweep the frequency with the software you are using, just put it to +9 or so dB, lower the volume slightly, play a track and sweep the frequency. Any sibilant area should jump out at you as you sweep over it, more so than the other areas.
That said the VSD3S from graphs has a very similar FR to the GR07 so around 6.5-7K and around 11-12K is where some areas of focus probably lie. My guess is that around -4dB should be enough to put them level with the surrounding frequencies, using a narrow bandwidth/Q.

I've been using Foobar2k with the EasyQ equalizer, comparing different frequency ranges on sibilance-heavy portions of songs with my ears - then using http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-bandwidth.htm to convert from bandwidth to the Q factor that Rockbox uses. I've since lowered the gain from -9 to -7 dB and changed Q from 1.9 to 2.9 (.75 to .5 BW), and will undoubtedly continue to fiddle with it.

EQ or not, as an upgrade from a pair of Philips SHE3850's the VSD3 is phenomenal. One of the better $50 I've spent this year.

Nov 26, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #3,868 of 4,956
VSD3 now on sale at LMURS! Hmm, should I buy them or jump straight for the GR07? I'm not a big fan of the straight jack, pockets not deep enough to fit a big phone with a straight jack sticking out..

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #3,870 of 4,956
VSD3 now on sale at LMURS! Hmm, should I buy them or jump straight for the GR07? I'm not a big fan of the straight jack, pockets not deep enough to fit a big phone with a straight jack sticking out..

Both are good for its price and fwiw.......imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back