The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Aug 24, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #2,626 of 4,956
google cardboard is so cool. I've thought of making it diy but im too lazy for that, lol

Its certainly a cheap way to see if VR might interest you, which I already know I'm sold. The movie I watched was a musical, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and the entire experience was great.

Aug 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #2,627 of 4,956
Its certainly a cheap way to see if VR might interest you, which I already know I'm sold. The movie I watched was a musical, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and the entire experience was great.

I thought it was a joke at first, but found a number of on-line retailers selling $10 version of that Google cardboard box.  Pretty cool!

Aug 24, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #2,628 of 4,956
I ordered it the day it was announced by Google from dodocase, and incase anyone is wondering, the specific app I'm using for movies is Go Show. Btw, the vsd3 does do a decent job with speech, and haven't tested a movie with Bay-splosions to see how the bass does for movies. I'll load an action movie onto my phone soon to test, maybe Expendables.

Aug 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #2,629 of 4,956
A few days ago a received blue/red VSD3S version (from VSonic US distributor MICCA, they will have it for sale soon), and been told it has an updated cable.  Nothing really to show in pictures since it looks identical to my other black VSD3S, but there are a few differences.  The cable shielding itself is not as smooth as the original one and has a more "sticky" feeling and a bit softer.  Also, though VSonic's mmcx connector still looks the same (non-universal mmcx version), the gold-plated finish is a tiny bit shinier and it's easier to disconnect cable from earpieces.  It still has a nice snappy connection, but much easier to disconnect and re-connect.  With my original VSD3S, it was a PITA the first time I took it apart, thinking I'm going to break the shell lol!!!  This one came off without any problem and it rotates more freely.

So it does looks like some cable improvement, though sound is identical.  Actually, I've been pinging Lunashops asking them to hurry up and get their own silver-plated version of VSD3x replacement cable
biggrin.gif

Also, I got an updated version of VSD1S, and it has a brand new "snake skin" looking cable :)  Don't have the original VSD1/S to compare to, but that cable is awesome!!!  VSD1S has a nice build, rotating nozzle, and a brighter sound signature in comparison to VSD3S.  In comparison to 3S, 1S has reduced bass quantity, probably somewhere in a middle between neutral and 3S.  Upper mids are brighter and more natural, though a bit peaky.  Treble has a better extension as well.  One thing I was surprised about when looking at original 1S, this new box comes with only one set of S/M/L tips and one set of bi-flangers.  No other color foam tips like in the original set.

Aug 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #2,630 of 4,956
  A few days ago a received blue/red VSD3S version (from VSonic US distributor MICCA, they will have it for sale soon), and been told it has an updated cable.  Nothing really to show in pictures since it looks identical to my other black VSD3S, but there are a few differences.  The cable shielding itself is not as smooth as the original one and has a more "sticky" feeling and a bit softer.  Also, though VSonic's mmcx connector still looks the same (non-universal mmcx version), the gold-plated finish is a tiny bit shinier and it's easier to disconnect cable from earpieces.  It still has a nice snappy connection, but much easier to disconnect and re-connect.  With my original VSD3S, it was a PITA the first time I took it apart, thinking I'm going to break the shell lol!!!  This one came off without any problem and it rotates more freely.

So it does looks like some cable improvement, though sound is identical.  Actually, I've been pinging Lunashops asking them to hurry up and get their own silver-plated version of VSD3x replacement cable
biggrin.gif

Also, I got an updated version of VSD1S, and it has a brand new "snake skin" looking cable :)  Don't have the original VSD1/S to compare to, but that cable is awesome!!!  VSD1S has a nice build, rotating nozzle, and a brighter sound signature in comparison to VSD3S.  In comparison to 3S, 1S has reduced bass quantity, probably somewhere in a middle between neutral and 3S.  Upper mids are brighter and more natural, though a bit peaky.  Treble has a better extension as well.  One thing I was surprised about when looking at original 1S, this new box comes with only one set of S/M/L tips and one set of bi-flangers.  No other color foam tips like in the original set.

It makes me really can't wait my replacement for VSD3S red-blue from LMUE. I had problem with "loose" line in jack, where i need to hold it up in my mobile gadget to make the sounds deliver smooth and perfectly.

Any idea for a good L-shape line in socket or extension for this VSD3S?

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #2,631 of 4,956
  It makes me really can't wait my replacement for VSD3S red-blue from LMUE. I had problem with "loose" line in jack, where i need to hold it up in my mobile gadget to make the sounds deliver smooth and perfectly.

Any idea for a good L-shape line in socket or extension for this VSD3S?

This looks like it will do the trick: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Right-Angle-3-5mm-Male-To-Female-Stereo-Plug-Adapter-Adaptor-Convertor-L-Shape-/370811538281?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item5656170b69 - for $1.25 can't beat it :)  As a matter of fact, I think I will go ahead and order a few myself.  Too many of my latest IEMs have thin straight plug which can benefit from such adapter.

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #2,633 of 4,956
This one looks a bit better
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380891363846?redirect=mobile

Looks nice, but a bit longer and not gold plated?  I just placed an order for a pair of the other ones.  Will chime in once I get it.  That seller sold over 750 pieces of it, I figured it's gotta be good :wink:

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #2,634 of 4,956
I am getting a lot of driver flex in the right side driver while the left side is totally fine on my vsd3s. Deos anyone know if there is any solution to this problem?

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #2,635 of 4,956
Does drive flex matter?
I had it for when I had the GR02s but it still sounded good 

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #2,637 of 4,956
Well, technically in the long run driver flex could lead to damage but I'ne never had issues with it and iems being damaged. Also, I've seen people complain about driver flex with vsonic iems but I've had pretty much all vsonic models and nome of them had driver flex

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #2,638 of 4,956
I actually had one with a driver flex which eventually broke (not VSD3S, but something else).  When I was talking to a vendor, we agreed the design didn't have a vent pinhole (neither at the nozzle nor the back of the shell) and I was trying to get a good seal by tip rolling - all of which can contribute to driver flex.

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #2,639 of 4,956

This looks like it will do the trick: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Right-Angle-3-5mm-Male-To-Female-Stereo-Plug-Adapter-Adaptor-Convertor-L-Shape-/370811538281?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item5656170b69 - for $1.25 can't beat it :)  As a matter of fact, I think I will go ahead and order a few myself.  Too many of my latest IEMs have thin straight plug which can benefit from such adapter.

This one looks a bit better
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380891363846?redirect=mobile

Is there any better option? imho, both looks so "plastic" and not in good quality. Any good audio manfacturer also has this kind of socket converter such as NAD, Cambridge, NAD, Denon, etc?

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #2,640 of 4,956

Is there any better option? imho, both looks so "plastic" and not in good quality. Any good audio manfacturer also has this kind of socket converter such as NAD, Cambridge, NAD, Denon, etc?

I searched on ebay, that's what I found.  Since you already know brands you prefer, why not google the name and "3.5mm right angle adapter" to find what you like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back