The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jul 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #1,953 of 4,956
  Hello!!!

I have the VSD1S (they are magnifficent btw). If anyone has them and bought VSD3S also,
is there noticable upgrade overral ,especially in sound quality???

Yes, they're a big upgrade over the VSD1S in almost every department.

I compared them to the VSD1 here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1695#post_10687161

Here's Kova comparing them to the VSD1LE: http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1680#post_10685661

So, my pair is on the burn right now but have to ask for suggestion for tips as the stock tips aren't working with my ears. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Are they too big, or too small? If they're too small, try the large stock single flange. They open the stage up but make the bass a little less focused. You could also try Sony hybrids. They bring the mids forward quite a bit and tame the treble, but there's a bit of a darker quality to the sound. I use the stock mediums on mine, FWIW. Looking forward to your thoughts on them.

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #1,954 of 4,956

I would personally prefer a hard case for added protection. As I've just gotten mine, I have no idea how to keep the colour longer except that to give it some TLC. One thing I always have inside my hardcase is a piece of good quality ultra soft cleaning cloth which I use to clean the housing and plug after use. So far most of my iems are still looking good, some as long as 3 years old.

So, my pair is on the burn right now but have to ask for suggestion for tips as the stock tips aren't working with my ears. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What is TLC?

If the tips is not working, have you tried with your other tips form other iems?

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #1,956 of 4,956
I love the color and hope it lasts long.
Anyway which way is safer to keep the iem in pouch or in hardcase as in beyer or beats?

Also is there any suggestion to keep the translucent color lasts longer?

Clamshell/hard case/zippered case offer much safety and longevity of iems than draw string/magnetic pouches.......

One more suggestion tho, order an budget IEM that has the clam shell supplied as stock like meelec,jlab brands which are well under $20.and offer bang for the buck SQ........instead you spending $5-$10 for just the case alone +S/H if applicable.... Other mfr also offer hard cases but they are pricier....like for eg: bwavz M5, klipsch etc but the objective is not met, which is cheap way to get case and nice sounding IEM.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #1,957 of 4,956
@Zapx629

Thanks for the reply and the links.
Its on the buying list!!!Wheen i get them ill post compare to VSD1S and to soundmagic E10.Im new in this hobby,but its amazing how much difference makes in the music even with budget iems!

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #1,958 of 4,956
Yes, they're a big upgrade over the VSD1S in almost every department.

I compared them to the VSD1 here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1695#post_10687161

Here's Kova comparing them to the VSD1LE: http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1680#post_10685661

Are they too big, or too small? If they're too small, try the large stock single flange. They open the stage up but make the bass a little less focused. You could also try Sony hybrids. They bring the mids forward quite a bit and tame the treble, but there's a bit of a darker quality to the sound. I use the stock mediums on mine, FWIW. Looking forward to your thoughts on them.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will definitely look into them.

What is TLC?

If the tips is not working, have you tried with your other tips form other iems?

TLC - Tender Loving Care. Will do some tip rolling as suggested.

Thanks guys for putting forth all the suggestion. Greatly appreciated.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #1,960 of 4,956

Stock tips both bi-flange and single flange M fits well and sounds good to me and latter is better to former,meelec M6 M tips fits well too,to me.

How do you wear it?native or straight down? Alternative is to try from your IEM collection or order the after market tips......

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #1,961 of 4,956
Sony hybrid tips might be good :confounded:

That's exactly what I'm using - the best sound and isolation!!!

Btw, my VSD3S review is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/vsonic-vsd3s-black-high-fidelity-professional-quality-stereo-inner-ear-earphones/reviews/11294

though, my impression of upper mids/vocals is slightly different from Mo's :wink:

VSD3 is on it's way...

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #1,963 of 4,956

That's exactly what I'm using - the best sound and isolation!!!

I just couldn't get along with the loss of detail and darker feel of the hybrids. If you like mids forward and treble smooth, they're a good option, but the stock tips sound a lot better to my ears. Then again, I tend to prefer brighter sounds and detail and clarity over smoothness, even if it is a tad artificial (this has never really bothered me, but I guess I've just never what "legit" treble sounds like
biggrin.gif
 ). Loved your review, and hope to see some comparisons with the VSD3 when you get 'em. 
  Hi, how these headphones sound with SanDisk Sansa, better than Vsoniс VSD1S?

Haven't used a sansa, but it sounds better through all the sources I've used so, as stated above, yes. 

Jul 14, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #1,964 of 4,956
  A great showcase of what they do well:

The low texture of the djembe, the raw, natural voice, the brightness of the guitar, and the overall soundstage. Some really wonderful stuff in there. 

OMG SPICE AND WOLF! <3 I love that anime so much. It's a shame they only made two seasons. I'm not down to pay ~$10 per light novel so I got them all in PDFs, LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back