The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 23, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #950 of 4,956
So my vsd3s are already at my post office and I'll pick them up in the morning as well as my mh1 zmf recabled :smiley:

post initial impressions when you get them :p

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #951 of 4,956
Small box,Cheapo plastic than vsd1 series.Average build quality but its ok for this price tag.pair of comply gray foam tips,removable mmcx cable are also good at this price point. For about 15minutes of first listening session,Sound is almost the level of my vsd1le(fully matured), right out of the box, excellent sound stage,nice mid bass,little forward vocals and nice presence of bass as well,but sibilance there that can be fixed by burn-in. Now this makes me think that it can level gr07 after 200-300hrs?

Btw the right earpiece is marked with letter"S" in white. The L and R markings are seen on the male connector of the cable as its understood that the ear pieces are moulded to perfectly fit the correct ears when worn with its native style,behind the ear. The shell does'nt look like they are new. Lets see more first impressions pouring from others as well........oh btw,the earpieces are feather weight and dont feel its hooked on my ears. Just my 2 cents.

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #952 of 4,956
Now after an hour of BRAIN-IN the vocals sounds little sweet and so the guitars (very minute)....song titled "The last unicorn".by AMERICA. I chose this song because of moderate speed,nice humming/chorus(voice) etc. Un-amped with classic 30GB BONO edition.

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #954 of 4,956
But my guess is, the user asked about sound.....as now 3.5mm female jack is a standard audio out to all cell phone manufactureres......

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #960 of 4,956
Got them when they released the first batch and my pair have already more than 100 hours of burn in. To my ears they are linear or balanced in presentation. They try to imitate the bass presentation of the GR07 but they are struggling. The impact is softer and the amount of sub bass is not enough but better than the VSD1. The highs is smooth and  I cant hear any sibilance,  for me they are the least sibilant Vsonic model. I've had almost all the Vsonic models except the GR04. If I only have 50 USD to spend, I'll get them but If I have 80 bucks, i'll get the KC06A. The only area that I think the VSD3s excel over the Ostrys is on the removable cable. As always YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back