The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jun 22, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #931 of 4,956
Comparing the b3 pro I to the gr07 BE...

This is a great match up honestly.

If you've heard the gr07...The b3 is a tiny bit better in terms of balance (gr07 is slightly boosted in bass and sub bass and has crisper highs). The b3 is harder to drive and almost requires an amp to bring out their potential. IMHO Soundstage and micro details are an even match. As far as fit and ergonomics the havi is bigger but they both are worn the same. The gr07 BE is easier to get a custom fit and seal because of the movable hozzle angle. Build quality on the b3 is good but gr07 BE seems to be a little better cable.

If you own b3... If you love the havi b3 sound, wish it had a little more bass and sub bass, and wish it didn't require and amp, the gr07 BE is the answer. The gr07 BE doesn't need an amp to sound amazing. The gr07 BE has fantastic bass that doesn't drown out the mids whatsoever. The gr07 BE plays every genre of music fantastically well. The GR07BE has very crisp highs that can be sibilant depending on what you're listening to (it's accurate to a fault). The only advantage I would give the havi is that the treble detail and listenability is better than the gr07 BE.

They are both fantastic, but if price wasn't an issue I would pick gr07 BE.

PS the b3 (amped) has a better sound than the tenore or kc06 IMHO.

My top 10 that I own right now from my favorite sound down...

Sony h3
Gr07 BE
Dn-1000
Havi b3
Carbo tenore
Sidy dm2 (after burn in)
KC06
ATH-IM50
Sony mdr-ex58v (Ya, $15 iems)
Sidy hk1

i share ur love for ex58 but i prefer ex083 even more(again 15$)
marvellous pair of earphones........................better than mh-1 and brainwavz m3 and thats some kick ass product i would say

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #934 of 4,956
  Anyone know how much the VSD5 is priced at? Should I wait for the VSD5/VSD5S instead of getting VSD3S? 

believing the timelines announced by vsonic may not be a good idea.
but u can email lend me ur ears to ask them if they have any idea

Jun 22, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #938 of 4,956

Wasn't that plan discontinued? 

No, still on schedule for availability starting 4/1/2015!
deadhorse.gif

Jun 22, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #939 of 4,956
GR08 - now THAT'S funny.... the $500 world beater that was going to leave the burned-out, wrecked shells of Shure, Westone, AKG, Sennheiser, etc.. in its wake....

Then a year later they release a $37 IEM with detachable cables...

I know some nice stuff is coming down the pike - but I'm not holding my breath. Although if I had, I'd have saved a nice chunk of coin 
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #940 of 4,956
Neah, tenores doesn't have grainy highs. They are better extended and detailed than the vsd1s but they are smooth. Smooth is not equal to grainy. Yeah, they are not as bright because the flat character of the tenores sound but I think I'm very sensitive to sibilance and I find the highs on vsd1s very close to be too harsh for my ears.

As far as I'm concerned, you speaketh the truth.

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #944 of 4,956
Gents: what do you think? Will there be a price slash of other top tier vsonic models,gradually? After success reviews of vsd3/s............:tongue_smile:

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #945 of 4,956

Users who are viewing this thread

Back