The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jan 7, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #4,187 of 4,956
  HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! i just wanted to update you guys on the progression of the my ttpod review! wondering if i can get your feedback on what to come next?  its going to be out by the end of the week, putting the finishing touches on it as i type this

4 way comparison between VSONIC VSD3S, Havi B3 Pro 1, Brainwavz S0, TTPOD T1E

I look forward to your review. From my experience and tastes, the JVC FXT 90 > Brainwavz S0>>Havi B3. I would love to see the comparison with the VSD 3S.

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #4,188 of 4,956

I look forward to your review. From my experience and tastes, the JVC FXT 90 > Brainwavz S0>>Havi B3. I would love to see the comparison with the VSD 3S.

Hi there

Would you mind elaborating on what aspects of the FXT90 was better for you over the others, especially the B3? Just curious and who knows the FXT90 might be right up my alley 

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #4,189 of 4,956
Hi there

Would you mind elaborating on what aspects of the FXT90 was better for you over the others, especially the B3? Just curious and who knows the FXT90 might be right up my alley 

Three items that make the FXT90 superior for my ears and musical tastes:

1. Bass- the FXT has more, yet has the detail and extension of the B3. The FXT is NOT for bassheads, though. The bass never interferes with the other frequencies.

2. Fit-I hate the Frankenbolt HAVI design. It is problematic for me to maintain a good seal with the B3. With the FXT, I can move around and still maintain a good seal.

3. Power requirements. The B3 needs extra amping to realize its potential, not so the FXT.

The FXT is a very "upfront" IEM. It is more "in your face" than the B3. I hope this helps.

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #4,190 of 4,956
I received the LMUE exclusive illuminating green VSD3 yesterday. Out of the box, the housing looks good with the transparent green showing the wires and driver. finish looks good with no rough edges as shown from earlier posts of the first run detachable cable versions. The fit on my ears were good. Size was perfect for my ear size and the medium tip already connected was the right size. I still switched it for the blue (med) vsonic hybrid tip from my GR07BE, for the look and feel.

It's been mentioned before, but I really don't like the straight plug, and hoped for the right-angle plug of the GR07/VSD1.

I don't have the first run detachable versions, but their claim of the upgraded cables used on the non-detachable version to improve the upper sound ranges seems justified. I like the upper ranges that is within my tolerable limits. I don't consider these to be sibilant-prone like my GR07BE.

The bass feels too boomy to my liking but has settled after listening to it all day. Hope it continues to settle with more use.

Mids are good. It holds its own and does not get overpowered too much.

I tried laying down with these but it was thick enough to be bothersome when laying down.

I only have the VSD3 version and was wondering if the difference is as noticeable as with the VSD1/S/LE. Because I love the VSD1S more than the other 2. Is the VSD3 and S version like it is with VSD1 and S? Is the VSD3 more V-shaped than the 3S?

More impressions in due time...but I'm liking it so far.

Jan 12, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #4,191 of 4,956
Just checked LMUE and saw they now have the VSD3S in illuminating green. Had I waited, I would have chosen those over the VSD3. Not gonna do this again like the VSD1's and just stick with the one I have.

Would have liked the balanced VSD3S more though...

On that note, after 30 hours they sound good with the strong bass and U shaped sound...

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #4,192 of 4,956

Hi there

sorry for the late reply! i don't think the fxt90s can be compared directly with the havis! they sound very different. with the vsonic vsd3s i think its more appropriate cause they take on a more warmer bassier sound

and yes the the jvc fxt90s are more upfront, in your face, aggression. it's not as siblant as the vsd3s but i think it is more so than the havis.

the fxt90s are also tighter and faster in the bass than the vsd3s, the midrange is also cleaner as well but they do share a more natural fuller body vocals, which i like and enjoy with the fxt90s being more forward in the vocals

in the end i really enjoy the fxt90s more so than the vsd3s but their original msrp should tell you that they really weren't meant to compete with one and another ( the vsd3s being about 45-60$) and the fxt90s originally being about $149.99

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #4,193 of 4,956
VSonic VSD3s VS VSonic GR06 VS (my) Phonak Audeo PFE 012?

Hey I have a phonak audeo pfe and i really like it but has basically no bass... And I was about to buy the Vsonic VSD3s and saw the previous flagship GR06 costs 15$ more... So now i can't choose between them...

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #4,194 of 4,956
VSonic VSD3s VS VSonic GR06 VS (my) Phonak Audeo PFE 012?

Hey I have a phonak audeo pfe and i really like it but has basically no bass... And I was about to buy the Vsonic VSD3s and saw the previous flagship GR06 costs 15$ more... So now i can't choose between them...

The previous flaghship wasn't the GR06...
anyways I don't have the GR06, but most people say that the VSD3 beats it, there's also the VSD5 that costs US$20+, I would wait a while for some reviews.

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #4,195 of 4,956
hi everyone!

this is a bit unrelated but i know the vsonic vsd3s is always being compared to the ttpods t1e and the havi b3 pro 1. and this might be helpful to those that are at crossroads on which to purchase!

so I've made a thread to see generate some discussion about dual dynamics! I've made a mini comparison series between the havi b3 pro 1, ttpod t1e, jvc fxt90 brainwavz r3

Lemme know what you think?

here is the link for the thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/751147/dual-dynamic-comparison-havi-ttpod-jvc-brainwavz

here is part 1:

heres part 2:

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #4,196 of 4,956

I tried laying down with these but it was thick enough to be bothersome when laying down.

I only have the VSD3 version and was wondering if the difference is as noticeable as with the VSD1/S/LE. Because I love the VSD1S more than the other 2. Is the VSD3 and S version like it is with VSD1 and S? Is the VSD3 more V-shaped than the 3S?

I enjoy a lot the vsd1s, the size of the housing makes them disappear in my ears. The vsd3s is amazing and the sound is richer but the vsd1s is cheaper and all my latest recommendations usually points to that model. The vsd3s still have a place in my heart like the IEMs that made me sell my W4R. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #4,197 of 4,956
  I enjoy a lot the vsd1s, the size of the housing makes them disappear in my ears. The vsd3s is amazing and the sound is richer but the vsd1s is cheaper and all my latest recommendations usually points to that model. The vsd3s still have a place in my heart like the IEMs that made me sell my W4R. 

awww i would love to hear your thoughts comparing the w4r and the vsd3s (theres a very obvious price gap) but in terms of the general sound signature i wanna how close they get

i would totally get the w4rs if it wasn't for the price (everything i've seen and heard about them is right in my wheelhouse) =)

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #4,198 of 4,956
awww i would love to hear your thoughts comparing the w4r and the vsd3s (theres a very obvious price gap) but in terms of the general sound signature i wanna how close they get

i would totally get the w4rs if it wasn't for the price (everything i've seen and heard about them is right in my wheelhouse) =)

He did one already, link below.......

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1875

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #4,199 of 4,956

The W4R were easier to drive, clear sounding, excellent design, outstanding comfort and I really had no complains, but I wasn't listening music... I was critically listening but not enjoying really my songs. I stopped being a music enthusiast to become a headphones' junkie, looking for detail retrieval where there was no need for that. The Vsonic reminded me that I could appreciate music without having an expensive set up. 

And I felt uncomfortable going out with them because of the price. 

Jan 17, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #4,200 of 4,956
He did one already, link below.......

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1875

thanks! i didn't see that, don't know why i followed this thread for ages already.... 
  The W4R were easier to drive, clear sounding, excellent design, outstanding comfort and I really had no complains, but I wasn't listening music... I was critically listening but not enjoying really my songs. I stopped being a music enthusiast to become a headphones' junkie, looking for detail retrieval where there was no need for that. The Vsonic reminded me that I could appreciate music without having an expensive set up. 

And I felt uncomfortable going out with them because of the price. 

wow sweet thanks for the breakdown! 

yes i can see why you would feel that way. i'm more comfortable going out with say the Westone 4Rs than say the Beats studio wireless ( in ears catch way less attention than headphones, especially beats)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back