The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jan 25, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #4,216 of 4,956
I recently did tip rolling on the VSD3 with my limited supplies and settled with Sony hybrids for best comfort and sound. Since my left ear canal is smaller than my right, I have the orange stem on left and green stem for the right.
The Sony hybrids retains the bass (to a slightly lesser degree than stock) and tames the treble so it's still lively but nowhere near sibilant. The result also makes the mids less recessed.

I use Sony hybrids too. They are a great match for the VSD3.

Jan 25, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #4,217 of 4,956
Just wanted to point out that the harshness of highs have almost completely been eliminated since switching to foam tips.  Thanks for the advice!  

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #4,222 of 4,956
well, do you have any problem wearing them without routing a cable behind the ear? I mean, if it is possible to walk without pushing them back to the ear again and again..

Nope, no problems. The cable connector fits Into the intertragic incisure between the tragus and antitragus. Had to look up those technical anatomical terms, btw :wink_face:

Jan 31, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #4,226 of 4,956
hey guys

recently I was thinking about upgrading my portable gear. currently I'm using my vsd3s with my xiaomi mi4 phone, but the idea of using a separate DAPíwith the vsd3s keeps poppin in my head.

sooo, I do not want to spend too much on a rig, and wondering which dap would fit to me the best. everyone is recommending the ibasso dx50 but I find it a little expensive and also heard about software bugs. I like the fiio x1, but keep getting contradictive information about it from different sources.
is it really that bad compared to the dx50 ? or does the dx50 worth the 2x price multiplier ?

what is your oppinion ? btw Im looking for a dap best suited for rock music and metal, mainly....

thx

Feb 4, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #4,227 of 4,956
Ordered (from India) the VSD3S on the 21st and it was shipped on the 24th guys. No further updates to the shipping status. Getting really impatient 
angry_face.gif

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #4,228 of 4,956
  Ordered (from India) the VSD3S on the 21st and it was shipped on the 24th guys. No further updates to the shipping status. Getting really impatient 
angry_face.gif

It might just show up within the next week. I've had stuff get shipped where I'll see the shipping status say it shipped out, then nothing for like 2 weeks, then poof! It's on the front step. At least I sure hope that's your situation. They're a good set of IEMs

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #4,229 of 4,956

It might just show up within the next week. I've had stuff get shipped where I'll see the shipping status say it shipped out, then nothing for like 2 weeks, then poof! It's on the front step. At least I sure hope that's your situation. They're a good set of IEMs

Yeah... I hope so. I had ordered them after a lot of deliberation. Hope all this waiting is worth it.
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back