The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Nov 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #3,736 of 4,956
Yeah, the ones I'm selling are great too. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Seems like most of the early adopters had good luck with them. 

That's my impression as well. I don't remember reading about anyone getting their from the first presale on lmue having this issue.

I've been using my pair from the first batch pretty heavily and sleep with them almost every night but have never had any problems with them.

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #3,737 of 4,956
Don't wast your time and money, the sound quality ain't worth it, i had a defect also, and the right earphone didnt work one day after i got it , then i dissconected the right earphone to check if it's the cable or something else, then i forgot to reconnect it to the cable , put it in my pocket and somehow lost one earpiece.
is it Vsonic's fault that i lost it? no.
but its their fault that they had a known defect with alot of earphones with the same problem.
Anyways, im not buying anything from Vsonic again.

Hey bud, sorry to hear about your headphone troubles, I understand how frustrating it may be. May I ask where you purchased it from? Penon and LMUE have excellent track records when it comes to dealing with manufacturing issues. If it was Penon you bought from, why don't you email them about your situation. I am pretty sure they will figure something out to help you. From what I understand the new batch has permanent cables so that may be an avenue to explore. It would be a shame if you let this experience deter you. Imo the VSD3 are worth it so you have nothing to lose by emailing the folks you bought it from.

And I won't dispute that VSonic has had a reputation for some QC problems but for FWIW, I bought mine a month and a half ago and have had ZERO problems and the sound quality is excellent and murders pretty much anything south of a hundred bucks so its not really fair to tell everyone to avoid it because of one issue. I hope it works out for you and good luck :)

Where were all these negative reviews when I was researching the iems? Seems like they're just now surfacing.

Brought my set for a short cycle and they are holding up fine (phew).

There were a lot more when I was researching a few months ago, seems they have upped their game for the last few batches. As long as you're a bit careful your set should last a while:)

Yeah, the ones I'm selling are great too. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Seems like most of the early adopters had good luck with them. 

I'm one of the lucky ones too, I don't baby mine and I tossed the ear hook after the first day. I bought mine a month ago and its going strong still!

That's my impression as well. I don't remember reading about anyone getting their from the first presale on lmue having this issue.

I've been using my pair from the first batch pretty heavily and sleep with them almost every night but have never had any problems with them.

Hey bud, how do you sleep with it on? Does it not slip off? I tried napping with it but it came off and I ended up sleeping on one of the ear buds haha. Anyway to make sure it stays in the ear?

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #3,738 of 4,956
Hey bud, how do you sleep with it on? Does it not slip off? I tried napping with it but it came off and I ended up sleeping on one of the ear buds haha. Anyway to make sure it stays in the ear?

Lol, with the spiral dot tips they fit me like a glove. I'll guess I'm lucky with my ear shape :)

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #3,741 of 4,956
  @twister6 What are the tips on the VSD3 in the pic with the new cables? Would you say that the cost of the lunacable is justified?

Yep, stock foam tips.  LOVE them!

Regarding Lunashops cables, if you are looking at these as an audio only cable to give you some sound improvement, it's probably a bit too much considering $30 cable for $45 headphones.  But if you factor in in-line remote and mic functionality to be able to control playback of your smartphone and to pickup calls (btw, if you are using FiiO X1, this in-line remote will control it's playback), and if you confirm they will send you an updated version with small black connector housing - it's fully justifiable.

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #3,742 of 4,956
My VSD3S are from LMUE early sales and have intermittent sound cut out which follows the earpiece and not the cable. It's a pain to have to rotate the cable to make a good connection. LMUE is sending me a repalcement cable free of charge to see if that fixes the issue. If not, I'll try to get an exchange.

VSD3 from Penon have the same issue. I contacted them a couple days ago but haven't heard back yet.

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #3,743 of 4,956
Regarding Lunashops cables, if you are looking at these as an audio only cable to give you some sound improvement, it's probably a bit too much considering $30 cable for $45 headphones.  /snip/

I think the vsd3s can keep up with iems twice its price (shure se215) so a $30 well made cable for a $99 iem doesn't seem too bad especially if you need a mic/remote and everything. :p

I hope vsonic ups their cable game with the new fixed vsd3s. It needs a proper strain relief at the 3.5mm plug.

There were a lot more when I was researching a few months ago, seems they have upped their game for the last few batches. As long as you're a bit careful your set should last a while:)

I'm one of the lucky ones too, I don't baby mine and I tossed the ear hook after the first day. I bought mine a month ago and its going strong still!

To be honest I didn't do much research on vsonic but their past track record (gr07) seems solid. Plus it has a few features I liked in an IEM compared to others I was considering at the time (bwavs, fischer audio): over-ear design, small housing, detachable cables, low price tag.

I ditched the ear hooks, they wouldn't hold the cable properly but I find it's just as comfy without. I can fall asleep with them but only with the biflange tips (looser seal) and one side in. With both tips in I feel claustrophobic lol

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #3,744 of 4,956
The issue is not really the connectors but the tolerances used when the female connectors are being made. Some connectors never fail, others... 
When you compare the mmcx with the Vsonic connectors you can clearly see how they tried fixing the issue extending the male connector to give a more stable fit and the internal pin is also longer, a bit thinner unfortunately.

I never had the issue with the Vsonic connectors (knock on wood) but I had it twice with Shures, so I am probably biased.  

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #3,747 of 4,956
After some usage. I have several pairs of IEMs and rotate them, so they're not heavily used or anything. When not in use, I keep them stored in a mint tin so they're well protected. I've tried them over ear and worn down and encounter sound cut out both ways with the same earpieces.

LMUE Is sending me a new cable to see if that resolves the issue with the VSD3S I purchased from them. Still waiting to hear back from Penon...

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #3,749 of 4,956
After some usage. I have several pairs of IEMs and rotate them, so they're not heavily used or anything. When not in use, I keep them stored in a mint tin so they're well protected. I've tried them over ear and worn down and encounter sound cut out both ways with the same earpieces.

LMUE Is sending me a new cable to see if that resolves the issue with the VSD3S I purchased from them. Still waiting to hear back from Penon...

Silver plated one or just a regular one?  Didn't you check it by switching L/R pieces to rule out it was s connector problem since problem followed earpiece?  Or maybe that was someone else.  Either way, I hope you will get to the bottom of that problem.  I had mine VSD3S (blue+red) and VSD3 (black) for awhile and no problem even with original cable.

Regarding replacement cable, since a few people had follow up questions about my mini review of lunashops silverplated cable with in-line remote/mic.  They told me about sending another cable for testing/review with a permanent small black/metal housing.  It looks great in the pictures, so will test it out and confirm the fitment once I receive it.  In theory, it will sound the same as that black/red housing one I received, but the connector housing of the new black version is smaller and should have better fitment ergonomics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back