The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #5,597 of 28,992
the GEC 6AS7G made the WA2 sound like a much more expensive amp, i think out of all the other tubes, its the ones i noticed the most improvement with.

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #5,599 of 28,992
  I think Beats by Dre with diamonds sounds better than SR-009 and every other headphone because it is so expensive. :))

umm ok you do that 
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #5,600 of 28,992

the GEC 6AS7G made the WA2 sound like a much more expensive amp, i think out of all the other tubes, its the ones i noticed the most improvement with.

I think Beats by Dre with diamonds sounds better than SR-009 and every other headphone because it is so expensive. :))
STONE HIM~

:wink:

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #5,601 of 28,992
Sep 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #5,602 of 28,992

umm ok you do that :D
Gotta give em credit though, they've managed to become a reference level pair of headphones of what you don't want to listen to.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #5,603 of 28,992
 a bonus, the guys at bottlehead, and the community surrounding the crack (both here and on the bottlehead forums), are awesome, and at the end of working through the step by step, paint by numbers styled assembly guide, you will know more about headphone audio than 90+% of the members on this site.  
Sounds like you have successfully elevated yourself to the top 10 % most knowledgeable members in this site. Sorry, can't help the dig, but I am sure the building process is an amazing fun ride!

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #5,604 of 28,992
Sounds like you have successfully elevated yourself to the top 10 % most knowledgeable members in this site. Sorry, can't help the dig, but I am sure the building process is an amazing fun ride!

+1 

I just hope Tyll has built one...  
eek.gif

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #5,605 of 28,992
just for the cronicless
looks nice, sounds even better

received it from sennheiser today

you can request it trough the product registration form, takes a couple of days to get it

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/service-support/services/register-your-product

type hd800 into the form text field, or any  other product name or part number you want to register

you need to check "Yes, please send me the frequency response certificate for my HD 800. "

cheers

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #5,607 of 28,992
here is the link

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/service-support/services/register-your-product

type hd800 into the form text field, or any  other product name or part number you want to register

you need to check "Yes, please send me the frequency response certificate for my HD 800. "

edited original post too

Sep 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #5,609 of 28,992
  Thanks for your thoughts skeptic. Much appreciated. I will probably be considering more carefully the next move...

You're most welcome!  Ears and opinions certainly vary, but I figured I should chime in given the hundreds of hours I spent with a woo 3.  I'll look forward to hearing which way you ultimately decide to go.  
+1   
I just hope Tyll has built one...  
eek.gif

Indeed he has!  http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/marvelously-addictive-bottlehead-crack  As have the guys at headphonia, as has Guttenberg, etc.

Touche!  Then again, after 5.5 years of following this forum, and posting periodically, I would posit that this really isn't a very high bar.  Head-fi gets ~110k page views per day.  If you are a regular reader and have a basic functional knowledge of circuits, or have ever attended a meet and listened to a wide range of gear, or have ever built a piece of diy electronics, welcome to the club
wink.gif

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #5,610 of 28,992
Got my chart today. Shows a bit of a rise around 6k which is probably why I am having issues with mine:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back