The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Nov 24, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #2,596 of 2,621
That's fair enough.
I had the 600 at home for a couple of weeks - but, 'legend' though that is, I preferred the overall sound of the 560S.
I've also recently borrowed the 650, the 800S and a Topping A90D from a friend - and had a good listen, balanced, to all of them.

I must admit to being a bit surprised to have (quite easily) preferred the 560S to all of those more expensive models.
I suspect that, if the truth's known, the 560S turned out to be better than Sennheiser themselves expected.
Some have reported that the most recent supplies have sounded inferior to the originals, with even the odd person suggesting that this may have been deliberate - which seems most unlikely.

Can only say that, to me, compared to many other makes and models, the 560S is an absolute bargain.
I used to find the 560s analytical and hot on the treble region back when i bought them 3 years ago. Nowadays they pretty much keep my HD6xx in their box. Gaming and music they are my go to, they paired exceptionally well with a ifi zen dac too so when i want a punch or a more engaging sound i just press that truebass button.

Nov 24, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #2,597 of 2,621
Hm, did the balanced move with hd560s, and held off buying 660s, still considering, not sure which one better, balanced or balanced, but in fps games i love hd560s in balanced mode a lot, great positional awareness
To be honest they are second to none for gaming, Played 1800+ hours of dayz and they definitevely upped my positional awareness, i can safely assign countless of kills to them simply because i was better aware in combat situations

Nov 24, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #2,598 of 2,621
I used to find the 560s analytical and hot on the treble region back when i bought them 3 years ago. Nowadays they pretty much keep my HD6xx in their box. Gaming and music they are my go to, they paired exceptionally well with a ifi zen dac too so when i want a punch or a more engaging sound i just press that truebass button.
Would love to see Sennheiser bring out a 560s2 version with MOAR bass, would be an instanta-buy for sure.

The 560's really are excellent headphones for the price/value from Sennheiser.

Nov 24, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #2,599 of 2,621
I think that they have enough bass, at least when powered by iFi Zen Stack using balanced cable 👍

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #2,601 of 2,621
Whats the most immediate and fast sounding CLASS A amp under 500€ for the 560S ?
For HD600 it is internal amp in the Audio GD R2R-11 DAC $350, but it is discountinued.

Not a pure class A, but a discrete, non-feedback deep class AB. For class A you need Master 19.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #2,602 of 2,621
This morning I've been enjoying my 560s quite a bit. It had been on the back burner most of the year as I went down the Hifiman rabbit hole.

The tonality and frequency response of the 560s is just *chef's kiss*. It just sounds right. When I switch to other headphones immediately from the 560s, I can immediately hear the FR oddities of the other headphones.

It's also completely absurd how well the 560s competes with headphones that are way out of its price category. For me personally, its not far off at all from my recently purchased Hifiman Arya Stealth. That's a headphone that retailed at $1,600 and that I purchased for $899. The 560s retailed for $200 and is almost always around $150-170 now. I'm realizing with today's listening session that I actually prefer the 560s on many tracks which is wild to me.

The 560s is one of the bigger home runs ever hit in headphones IMO in terms of cost to performance. I've said this before, but if they had a slightly different chassis than the 5 series, they could have probably sold these for $500 and they would have been received well. Price related perception is real in this hobby.

Dec 24, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #2,604 of 2,621
Too right.
From a Topping A90D, all balanced, I preferred them to the 650 and 800S models.
Get better DAC/Amp and this cheap HP will show rough edges.

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #2,605 of 2,621
Get better DAC/Amp and this cheap HP will show rough edges.
I'm running them on a Modi+ and Magni Heretic stack, and I prefer them to the Hifiman Arya Stealth. I've tried really hard to manifest the added cost in my ears, but for the life of me I cannot. The 560s are just as good, and I prefer their tuning.

Its crazy that they are even close. I could see others preferring the Arya for sure, but its really hard to argue that these two headphones are far apart in performance. The 560s regularly go for like $170, and the new dropped price of the Arya SE is $899.

Sennheiser hit the 560s out of the park IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back