The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Jun 18, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #2,566 of 2,621
Better how though? Thank you for the response, but could you give a little detail?
More open and clear. Larger soundstage, just about everything was so much better.

Jun 22, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #2,567 of 2,621
After having these headphones for the most of the last 2 years, I have retired them in favour of a set of HD660S. They really are incredible value, the only reason I've switched to their bigger brother, is because of that silly notch that makes them uncomfortable to my ears, if that wasn't present then I would have no reason to upgrade.

Jun 24, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #2,568 of 2,621
I bought a pair of these used for $120.

The treble peaks are intense. I find them unlistenable without eq.

After eq they improve a lot. Very impressive detail and imaging.

However, I find that in exchange for all of that detail and imaging the way these present certain textures is quite fatiguing. Cymbals some vocals and guitar sounds are quite jagged and etched even when using a lot of eq to soften them up. I would actually prefer less precise imaging and detail in exchange for less intensity and harshness in those certain textures. And that might be exactly what the HD600 HD 6xx Hd650 etc do.(I haven't heard any of those yet)

They are very lightweight and comfortable.

I could recommend these for all day wear, listening to softer music, watching movies and gaming. I would not recommend them for rock, metal, or bass heavy music.

Jul 4, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #2,569 of 2,621
I had a pre-order launch model 560s and sold it. Just got a new 2023 pair in about a week ago.

They sound exactly the same, which is terrific. I think the new version is a small improvement in 2 areas.

1) the headband padding being the same fabric as the 6 series now has made them even more comfortable IMO.

2) the new 3m cable that terminates in 3.5mm with a 1/4" threaded adapter is a huge improvement over what was included in the original version, which was way too long and had a goofy adapter.

Again these are an automatic buy for anyone looking at the sub $200 space. The only thing that comes close IMO are the HD58x, but these are an improvement in tonality, soundstage and detail.

Jul 11, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #2,570 of 2,621
After insisting the 560s sounded to bright, I'd like to say the same pair now sounds dark and warm with some other source. I think the pads might be worn out and it's really nice sound. The only drawback now is the quality of the highs, they still have a character that is a bit digital and not the most resolving. Anyways (now) the 560s are great.

Jul 13, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #2,571 of 2,621
Recieved my replacement pair yesterday, and they also have the buzzing in the right cup, though not as noticable as the first pair. Have not tried tightening the screws yet. Im starting to think maybe its the driver? Or i am pushing them too much? With no bass boost, and just the EQ applied, i can hear it. Compared the batch numbers and the second pair is from a first or a second batch, they were fairly dusty in the box too.
This is a byproduct of the chassis. I had returned a few pairs due to this issue & can say with certainty that the buzzing issue is the padding between the driver & your ear. If it's even slightly loose, it'll vibrate, which causes the buzzing at lower frequencies. There's nothing you can do, even if you tighten the screws...luckily it's not nearly as noticeable when causally listening.

Jul 15, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #2,572 of 2,621
Is HD 6XX/650 a good pair with 560s?
I know these sound different, but do they contrast enough to pair together? currently have a 560s but want something warmer & easier to listen to that's not too bassy, thanks:)

Jul 15, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #2,573 of 2,621
Is HD 6XX/650 a good pair with 560s?
I know these sound different, but do they contrast enough to pair together? currently have a 560s but want something warmer & easier to listen to that's not too bassy, thanks:)
Yes, the 6XX are very warm & intimate when compared to the 560s. The 6XX are more for music listening, and aren't as versatile in comparison, however.

Jul 16, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #2,574 of 2,621
Yes, the 6XX are very warm & intimate when compared to the 560s. The 6XX are more for music listening, and aren't as versatile in comparison, however.
I just got it today, first few hours of impressions: I CANNOT tell a single difference What T.F!!? there might be less treble here and there but you can honestly pass it for the same headphone. Do all sennheisers have the same signature or what? coz at least with my sonys you can tell it apart with the bass and stuff. I’ll give it a week to acclimate but so far not a happy camper

Jul 16, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #2,575 of 2,621
I just got it today, first few hours of impressions: I CANNOT tell a single difference What T.F!!? there might be less treble here and there but you can honestly pass it for the same headphone. Do all sennheisers have the same signature or what? coz at least with my sonys you can tell it apart with the bass and stuff. I’ll give it a week to acclimate but so far not a happy camper
If you're new to the hobby, then that's normal. It took me a while to tell the differences, but I assure you that the 6XX is a vastly different headphone.

The 6XX has WAY less soundstage, slightly less accurate imaging, warmer sound signature (great for genres like jazz, bad for genres like EDM), and generally aren't great for gaming.

The 560s are MUCH wider (more soundstage), better at imaging (at least from what I can hear), neutral/bright sound signature, better for a wider variety of music, & are very good for gaming.

My suggestion is to use ONLY your new pair for two weeks, then switch back to your older pair, you'll hear a difference.

Jul 16, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #2,576 of 2,621
I went for the 560S because they're not 'warm and intimate'.
As with my speakers, it's essential to me that symbols sound open and clear (i.e. natural) and not as if they're covered with a lightweight blanket.

When listening to music on the 560S, I don't feel I'm missing anything and, more importantly, nothing is unduly emphasised - and that is exactly how it should be.
I've heard 600, 650, 800S and plenty of popular (and expensive) AKG, Grado and Beyer models, the 560S are special.

Jul 16, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #2,577 of 2,621
I went for the 560S because they're not 'warm and intimate'.
As with my speakers, it's essential to me that symbols sound open and clear (i.e. natural) and not as if they're covered with a lightweight blanket.

When listening to music on the 560S, I don't feel I'm missing anything and, more importantly, nothing is unduly emphasised - and that is exactly how it should be.
I've heard 600, 650, 800S and plenty of popular (and expensive) AKG, Grado and Beyer models, the 560S are special.
Yes the 560s are very special, specially for their price. They're almost un-beatable if you're looking for an open, neutral pair of cans.

Jul 23, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #2,578 of 2,621
If you're new to the hobby, then that's normal. It took me a while to tell the differences, but I assure you that the 6XX is a vastly different headphone.

The 6XX has WAY less soundstage, slightly less accurate imaging, warmer sound signature (great for genres like jazz, bad for genres like EDM), and generally aren't great for gaming.

The 560s are MUCH wider (more soundstage), better at imaging (at least from what I can hear), neutral/bright sound signature, better for a wider variety of music, & are very good for gaming.

My suggestion is to use ONLY your new pair for two weeks, then switch back to your older pair, you'll hear a difference.
After a week of continuous listening, I gotta say the HD 6xx is pure sex, every song I listened to came across so smooth and buttery - no harshness whatsoever. It may not have the best soundstage and imaging but boy does it have warmth and intimacy which makes the vocals and instruments come alive! I still love my 560s since it's still better for gaming and movies as well as having better subbbass whereas the 6xx has more midbass but no thump to them. I was skeptical at first and even contemplated selling the 6xx at one point, but I've come to the realization that these really do complement each other without straying too far away from the sound signature, if at all.

Jul 24, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #2,579 of 2,621
After a week of continuous listening, I gotta say the HD 6xx is pure sex, every song I listened to came across so smooth and buttery - no harshness whatsoever. It may not have the best soundstage and imaging but boy does it have warmth and intimacy which makes the vocals and instruments come alive! I still love my 560s since it's still better for gaming and movies as well as having better subbbass whereas the 6xx has more midbass but no thump to them. I was skeptical at first and even contemplated selling the 6xx at one point, but I've come to the realization that these really do complement each other without straying too far away from the sound signature, if at all.
That is indeed how I was when I first got my pair of 6XX, though lately they've been feeling a bit muddled in the bass region...probably time for a pad swap haha. Glad you're enjoying them!

Aug 2, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #2,580 of 2,621
That is indeed how I was when I first got my pair of 6XX, though lately they've been feeling a bit muddled in the bass region...probably time for a pad swap haha. Glad you're enjoying them!
how long do the pads usually last? I've had my 560s for over 2 years and the pads are still solid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back