The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Nov 15, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #1,411 of 2,621
We are positioning the HD 560S below the HD 600, though we still aim to present a high value for the $200 (USD) price. There are no plans to cancel the venerable HD 600... while the HD 560S may be a great tool for the studio and a fairly balanced, linear listening headphone, we know many people rely on the HD 600 for mixing and require it’s continued production. Options at different price point

:beerchug:

You are not alone! First production and releases are always a bit open to delays, but we’re looking forward to a more concrete update and getting headphones into hands in the near future!

We’re glad your process was smooth, even if you decided not to keep the headphone. Just be aware though, returns and cancellation processes differ from region to region.

This link is to the US policy... hopefully you won’t need it, but it’s here!
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/returns-cancellations

Many more than that were produced for the first run. Of the current/first US/Canada run, the web pre-orders will be fulfilled first, then units will be distributed to retailers .
Hi Sennheiser, I pre-ordered HD 560S on September 30, 2020 from B&H Audio Video. It has been a month and a half and they sent an E-mail on Friday saying that they don't have any ETA when the manufacturer would send them any units. In the mean time, other retailers are selling them in the US. Should I cancel the order from B&H and order from another vendor or do you think that they may get a shipment shortly?

Nov 15, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #1,412 of 2,621
Good luck! If you have enough volume left, stay at low gain. If you feel like you're close to or maxing it out, switch to high.

Let us know your impressions :)

I am still enjoying the 560S. Awesome with surround for games or just movies. The bass is really impressive for an open headphone. Overall great balance, cohesive. A little on the bright-ish side but well within neutral. Great dynamics. Pretty sure dynamics and bass extension / punch / linearity are at least the two areas they have the Sundara beat. Might be more cohesive top to bottom overall as well. And obviously, you have a piece of mind with Sennheiser!
I already talked about my experience in this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...-at-a-breakthrough-value.943107/post-15974877

I'm now really tempted to buy one pair and test them with games and movies at the comfort of my home. Even if I eventually don't like them, I think I can immediately resell them for not much of a loss.

Nov 15, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #1,414 of 2,621
I am sorry to sound like an idiot but can this be used balanced?

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #1,416 of 2,621
Yes if you source the proper cable or diy the included one.
Thanks a lot for the reply. Do you know where I can find more info?

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #1,419 of 2,621
Nov 16, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #1,420 of 2,621
After a few more weeks of listening, my current take is the 560s is about 80-90% of the performance of the Sundara. The Sundara definitely has crisper/tighter bass and more clear in the treble region. I prefer the midrange and overall tonality on the 560s and I feel the timbre on the 560s is slightly more natural/enjoyable to my ears. Soundstage/imaging goes to the Sundara by a hair. Overall resolution on the Sundara is better by a decent margin. I would say they're relatively close in overall value but if money isn't an issue, just grab the Sundara.

Also if it matters, the 560s feels a lot more comfortable on my head, though I would assume the Sundara would be more comfortable for people with wider heads. This is the main reason why I'm going to stick with the 560s as my daily driver, with the Sundara or 650 being used for longer listening sessions. 58x is the odd man out in my lineup right now.

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #1,423 of 2,621
Hi conquerator2!

Have you already tested the passive filter?

I'm planning of getting one of these and it would be interesting to know some impressions before buying one :sweat_smile:
Ah, sorry!
Yes, I have but prefer the sound without it. I found it to dull the sound too much, creating a somewhat veiled and muddled presentation.

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #1,424 of 2,621
I have often found tonality can outweigh the benefits of a 'technically better' headphone.

Unless you're ok with EQ. The Sundara with EQ I like far more than the 560s. Both without EQ is a more even match as the 560s has great tuning, but this is easily corrected with EQ. If you're ok using EQ, the capability of the driver is much more important.

Nov 16, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #1,425 of 2,621
Unless you're ok with EQ. The Sundara with EQ I like far more than the 560s. Both without EQ is a more even match as the 560s has great tuning, but this is easily corrected with EQ. If you're ok using EQ, the capability of the driver is much more important.

Had some interesting experiences with EQ.

(Bass reduction has been quite useful for a particular headphone and also a particular dac with speakers)

Ended up fiddling about with the settings too much and then sighed with relief upon pressing reset.

Despite this I'm certainly not against EQ, in principle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back