The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 11, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #676 of 2,621
Not a question for me, but I've also had X2HR. Totally different sound signature than Sennheiser, that's why it's worth having both. However with X2 I've had comfort issues couldn't wear them for longer since they have some pretty annoying clamp. Thinking of getting them again solely for movies.

" Totally different sound signature than Sennheise "

how do they differ?

Oct 11, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #677 of 2,621
Not a question for me, but I've also had X2HR. Totally different sound signature than Sennheiser, that's why it's worth having both. However with X2 I've had comfort issues couldn't wear them for longer since they have some pretty annoying clamp. Thinking of getting them again solely for movies.
Yes, please elaborate a little :)

Oct 11, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #678 of 2,621
For comfort and movies I usually use Amiron Home. Yeah, I know that's in a different price point but comfort is very important too.

Oct 11, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #679 of 2,621
I agree. That's why I like the reviewers who do both, like DIY Audio Heaven.

And definitely NOT that YouTube dude who did all those HD560S videos without even listening to them
Yea, I like the reviews on DIY Audio. He gives his subjective impressions, as well as tons of graphs.
He also compares the sound of a headphone to other relevant headphones, and does overlaid fr graphs of different headphones.
I like overlaid graphs. You can see at a glance the difference between the frequency response of two headphones.
He also gives some mod suggestions.

Of course none of this is the final arbiter. Each person's perception and preference are going to be the final arbiter.

Oct 11, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #680 of 2,621
" Totally different sound signature than Sennheise "

how do they differ?
The x2 has more sub and mid bass then the 6xx. The 6xx has more upper bass , low mid energy than the x2
In the treble, the x2 is rougher, less smooth than the 6xx.The 6xx is darker, less bright.
The x2 has a dip then a peak at 5khz which tends to be more sibilant than 6xx.
Some people find the x2 treble, rougher or harsher. This really bothers some people, others don't find it objectionable.
The x2 has a bigger soundstage.

I own and like both. Two different flavours that I can enjoy, depending on my mood.

I suspect that the 560s will be less warm and less dark than the6xx, but will sound more similar to the 6xx than the x2.
I've never heard the 600 or 660s, so I Don't know how they will compare to the 560s.

Oct 12, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #682 of 2,621
If it was on facebook, our relationship status with EPOS would be "It's complicated." Though amicable. Though there was mutual benefit and sharing between all our divisions, Demant was our gaming division, and now they're EPOS. It's new for us too!

Really, it's a 2-way street where we're replying to you and the community is teaching/entertaining/doing business with us. If we can invest at least a little time here, everyone will be happier. Hopefully we can post a firmer shipping update soon for those in North America who are still waiting, and those in other regions. We appreciate your compliment!

With that said, we clearly will have a bias when it comes to our products vs those from other companies. We keep up to date with what other products are on the market, but out of respect for the other companies in our industry, we'll refrain from making comments on products from other brands. However, there is nothing wrong with a description and impressions from the community! If you do get the chance to test them for yourself, there are certainly others with the same question, and that could be your opportunity to help paint the picture of what the HD 560S is and where it fits into the market :beerchug:
Thanks for the feedback.

I would like to make a suggestion, once the initial order rush has been fulfilled I would urge you to quickly as possible supply your retailers (such as Long & McQuade, here in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada) so that we Sennheiser enthusiasts can personally audition the HD560S first hand. Thank you.

Oct 12, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #684 of 2,621
I heard the soundstage on the 599 is not that wide? And the bass is lacking? Based on diy audio heaven review.
599 has pretty wide soundstage. It's not perceived as wide as 598 but I think thats mostly due to frequency response differences.

The 599 is not as wide as the X2, however its more all encompassing/ 360 degree. The x2 is very wide but only side to side, not much front back depth.

Oct 12, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #686 of 2,621
599 has pretty wide soundstage. It's not perceived as wide as 598 but I think thats mostly due to frequency response differences.

The 599 is not as wide as the X2, however its more all encompassing/ 360 degree. The x2 is very wide but only side to side, not much front back depth.
Yeah that is sth I notice in my x2hr. It seems wide side to side but not much on the front and the back. I hope the hd 560s improve on that but not at the expense of overall soundstage width.

Oct 12, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #687 of 2,621
I heard the soundstage on the 599 is not that wide? And the bass is lacking? Based on diy audio heaven review.
I tried out a HD599 some time ago in a shop. I can tell you that it for sure does not have a much wider soundstage than a HD580 when I had that one. Soundstage sounds pretty tiny. It is in fact also very bass light. Basically no sub bass.

Oct 12, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #688 of 2,621
Yeah that is sth I notice in my x2hr. It seems wide side to side but not much on the front and the back. I hope the hd 560s improve on that but not at the expense of overall soundstage width.
It'll probably sound a bit narrower and deeper. The X2 is generally perceived to be exceptionally wide, so not many headphones outside of maybe the AKGs and a few others will be able to match that, but I am hoping the 560S is still sufficiently spacious.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #689 of 2,621
@Sennheiser I just called Digital River again, they have not canceled my order as they previously stated, apparently when the lady last week told me my order was cancelled she failed to mention it was just a request to cancel. The person I talked with today said the order is not canceled but a request was sent to the fulfiller to cancel it with no reply back yet.

I'm not worried about it yet, but I would really prefer a full refund before October 25th so I can at least avoid interest charge on my credit card... I am going to call Digital River again on Friday and hope for some updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back