The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 1, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #376 of 2,621
Digital River definitely does not sound like a company I would want to deal with.
I will just wait until Amazon.ca's release day of Jan 31, 2021.

Oct 1, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #377 of 2,621
Digital River definitely does not sound like a company I would want to deal with.

Very very smart move. Especially since I have called them 7x now and completely useless company. I really hope I refuse in time and don't have to deal with their returns department. Sennheiser as a company should have the skillsets in executive decision making to not hire/outsource to such a bad company for their official site. Really makes me question everything about them as a company now. I am definitely sticking with other brands moving forward.

Oct 1, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #378 of 2,621
Yeah I will never be ordering direct through Sennheiser again unless @Sennheiser announces some changes to the way the handle their direct purchasing. Hopefully they replace Digital River sometime in the future.

Oct 1, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #379 of 2,621
It's pretty sad to see such negative stories regarding how the practices are from such company that makes expensive gear and you're damn right. That shouldn't be happening, especially headphones in multiple digits prices ranges all the way to €60k. I usually only order from 3rd webstores instead directly from the official webstore except Beyerdynamic was the very first and they allow creating accounts and then Marshall for their cool stuff and even Marshall is a relax company. I'm speechless to be honest.

Oct 1, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #380 of 2,621
It's pretty sad to see such negative stories regarding how the practices are from such company that makes expensive gear and you're damn right. That shouldn't be happening, especially headphones in multiple digits prices ranges all the way to €60k. I usually only order from 3rd webstores instead directly from the official webstore except Beyerdynamic was the very first and they allow creating accounts and then Marshall for their cool stuff and even Marshall is a relax company. I'm speechless to be honest.

I wish Beyerdynamic had a Canadian website. Beyerdynamic USA does not ship to Canada. I would buy Tygr 300R if I could buy it directly from them.
Can't seem to find Tygr 300R (headphone only) anywhere in Canada at reasonable price.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #381 of 2,621
To the people who have the 560s, how would you say the bass compares to other phones? Asking because I am looking for something with a speaker like bass (like my K702) and not slammy "audiophile" headphone bass like I got from the HD580 and DT880. I should not keep my hopes up though.

Oct 1, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #382 of 2,621
I think it's safe to say Sennheiser did not expect the demand they got for the 560S.

They're clearly working very hard to make sure headphones are dispatched as fast as possible. Forgetting to send buyers tracking information is unfortunate and so is the guest style website but I'd reserve some judgment, given the volume of orders.

Regarding their priciest headphone. If one is ever lucky enough to order the HE1, you're assigned your own concierge who'll work with you every step of the way and makes sure you're delivered your precious headphone, so in theory that sounds like a luxurious customer experience from start to finish.

Anyway, the 560 is out of stock now. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a pair soon to share my own thoughts 😊

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #385 of 2,621
Oct 1, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #387 of 2,621
I think it's safe to say Sennheiser did not expect the demand they got for the 560S.

They're clearly working very hard to make sure headphones are dispatched as fast as possible. Forgetting to send buyers tracking information is unfortunate and so is the guest style website but I'd reserve some judgment, given the volume of orders.

Regarding their priciest headphone. If one is ever lucky enough to order the HE1, you're assigned your own concierge who'll work with you every step of the way and makes sure you're delivered your precious headphone, so in theory that sounds like a luxurious customer experience from start to finish.

Anyway, the 560 is out of stock now. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a pair soon to share my own thoughts 😊

why can't @Sennheiser communicate with us here though? seriously, it's not that hard to login once in awhile especially during a new launch, on a topic that they created... any sort of updates would have been welcome by now. I had to check my email every 5 minutes for my last job. seriously, we are only asking them to login and talk to one of the biggest if not the biggest headphone communities online... on a topic they created...

Oct 1, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #388 of 2,621
why can't @Sennheiser communicate with us here though? seriously, it's not that hard to login once in awhile especially during a new launch, on a topic that they created... any sort of updates would have been welcome by now. I had to check my email every 5 minutes for my last job. seriously, we are only asking them to login and talk to one of the biggest if not the biggest headphone communities online... on a topic they created...
I'm thinking that perhaps during these difficult Covide times, there are not as many people working and allotted to the tasks of communicating with customers. With limited staff, all hands might be working processing orders and shipping.

Oct 1, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #389 of 2,621
I'm thinking that perhaps during these difficult Covide times, there are not as many people working and allotted to the tasks of communicating with customers. With limited staff, all hands might be working processing orders and shipping.
This reminds me of David Foster Wallace’s 2005 Kenyon Commencement Address lol

We have a 'default setting' to be upset or annoyed by lifes problems, but being aware of our own perceptions and being considerate to others matters a whole lot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back