The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 2, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #406 of 2,621
Yup, this seller does not ship to me though 😔
This is where I do have a bone to pick with Sennheiser (and a few other companies). Don't make you product available in some parts of the world and not in others (until four months later), especially when you won't allow shipping from 'available' areas to 'non-available' areas. It does cause frustration for a lot of potential customers.

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #407 of 2,621
This is where I do have a bone to pick with Sennheiser (and a few other companies). Don't make you product available in some parts of the world and not in others (until four months later), especially when you won't allow shipping from 'available' areas to 'non-available' areas. It does cause frustration for a lot of potential customers.
I agree. Though this particular Amazon listing is not directly Sennheiser's fault, but rather the outlet/seller that's selling it I think. It is not fulfilled by Amazon, in which case it'd be possible to have it shipped to me.

In many ways, much like you guys in Canada, we also often get the shorter end of the stick compared to the US. Lots of products are difficult to get and some are plain impossible to find

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #408 of 2,621
All those many many times I got so damn excited I finally found the products I'm searching my ass off: those red letters "doesn't ship to your location"
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #409 of 2,621
In many ways, much like you guys in Canada, we also often get the shorter end of the stick compared to the US. Lots of products are difficult to get and some are plain impossible to find
Exactly that :/ Very frustrating as some are indeed impossible to find and when you finally found it, it doesn't ship to your location. Ugh!

Oct 2, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #410 of 2,621
I don't think I will put in the Amazon.ca order in. Especially because this item doesn't have pre-order price protection.
Jan 31st is a long time to go and there will be Amazon Prime day, Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Boxing day.
If I do it would be in 2021.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #411 of 2,621
I agree. Though this particular Amazon listing is not directly Sennheiser's fault, but rather the outlet/seller that's selling it I think. It is not fulfilled by Amazon, in which case it'd be possible to have it shipped to me.

It's usually the manufacturers, who want to protect their distributors in their respective countries.
I don't think I will put in the Amazon.ca order in. Especially because this item doesn't have pre-order price protection.
Jan 31st is a long time to go and there will be Amazon Prime day, Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Boxing day.
If I do it would be in 2021.
I'm sure there will be hundreds of HD560s on the used market over the next four months, going cheaper than the Canadian price. Again, this is where companies can lose potential sales by not having the product available everywhere at the same time.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #412 of 2,621
It's usually the manufacturers, who want to protect their distributors in their respective countries.
Even some cables and jack adapters won't be shipped.

Oct 2, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #413 of 2,621
Hold on you bought the headphones to get a coupon, bought another set for less and tried to cancel the first one?

1601649332451.png
..and so did Sennheiser!

BUT...Sennheiser should be sending out customers some updates.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #416 of 2,621
That's a bit harsh man. The confirmation email says call to cancel. I was able to cancel so it's not impossible. The headphones are on backorder so they should be able to cancel it.

yeah, most people assume major companies have proper logistics in place in the year 2020. it's really not that much to ask. but capitalism is capitalism and i will take my money elsewhere, so meh.

UPS found them and now the headphones are on my head :beyersmile:

I hope you enjoy them mate, cheers!

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #417 of 2,621
UPS found them and now the headphones are on my head :beyersmile:
Let me guess, the delivery guy 'stole' it to try it and it seemed to be a Beats fanboy disliking the 560S and 'found' it to deliver it to you? :joy:

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #419 of 2,621
That'd be so UPS! My last UPS mysteriously got the accident / bad weather status just as my Japanese dictionary was about to be delivered 🤔 And it came slightly bent in one corner! Coincidence? I think not!

Anyway, let us know how you like it please 😊

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #420 of 2,621
X2 comparison please. The other guy on this thread saying the soundstage is congested on the hd560s killed my hype :frowning2:
Not sure but I compared the soundstage with my Amiron Home and soundstage is the same. So what I think it depends on the content you're listening.
What I can tell you for 100% sure: it's not intimate like in your head. It has great seperation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back