The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 2, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #436 of 2,621
I'd be really interested in hearing how the HD560S compares to HD58X, which is the only Sennheiser that I own. Upon watching DMS's review I was really tempted to buy these, but having read the replies here it doesn't sound like it would be that much of an upgrade.

From the comparisons that I've read so far the HD600 sounds like the one I'd prefer of the bunch, but I doubt it's so good as to justify the bump in price.

Hopefully, some day I'll get the chance to hear them without buying first!

Oct 2, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #438 of 2,621
We expected the HD 560S to be popular, but it’s turning out to be a hit beyond our high expectations! We are blown away by the positive response we received, which turned into a significant demand for the product, globally. Unfortunately this has now caused a backlog in shipping. Our teams are working hard on continuing production and fulfilling orders.

We will be posting an update on availability here once available.

We also would like to acknowledge and thank our customers for the feedback about our direct digital sales service. We want to provide excellent service, so when we fall short and get negative feedback (or we get positive feedback), it's an opportunity for us to look and see where we can improve our processes and responses.

Thank you all for your patience in the meantime!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 2, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #439 of 2,621
Can't wait to refuse both of my orders. Just hope they email the tracking numbers so I can camp out in time. I'm staying retired with my HD58X, I knew I shouldn't have bought into the hype. Sigh.

I think we all understand by now where you’re coming from dude. No need to keep repeating the same thing.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #440 of 2,621
We expected the HD 560S to be popular, but it’s turning out to be a hit beyond our high expectations! We are blown away by the positive response we received, which turned into a significant demand for the product, globally. Unfortunately this has now caused a backlog in shipping. Our teams are working hard on continuing production and fulfilling orders.

We also would like to acknowledge and thank our customers for the feedback about our direct digital sales service. We want to provide excellent service, so when we fall short and get negative feedback (or we get positive feedback), it's an opportunity for us to look and see where we can improve our processes and responses.

Very nice response Sennheiser. I think everyone will appreciate that you didn't go silent. My rather informed conclusion of it all is:

1) Invest to develop your website allowing customers to create accounts.
2) Sell directly, without third parties like Digital River who have severe disconnection issues between their order taking units and warehouse shipping.
3) On the website show quantities available and estimated shipping dates.
4) Finally... be competitive on your own website. It makes ZERO sense that the HD-660S has been EUR 410 on Amazon.de, EUR 420 on Thomann for two years and your own website sells it for EUR 499.
5) Keep being an awesome company for audiophiles and never turn your back on the naturalness of your 6-series that has made you legendary. (over the top on purpose and with good reason)

:)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #441 of 2,621
Very nice response Sennheiser. I think everyone will appreciate that you didn't go silent. My rather informed conclusion of it all is:

1) Invest to develop your website allowing customers to create accounts.
2) Sell directly, without third parties like Digital River who have severe disconnection issues between their order taking units and warehouse shipping.
3) On the website show quantities available and estimated shipping dates.
4) Finally... be competitive on your own website. It makes ZERO sense that the HD-660S has been EUR 410 on Amazon.de, EUR 420 on Thomann for two years and your own website sells it for EUR 499.
5) Keep being an awesome company for audiophiles and never turn your back on the naturalness of your 6-series that has made you legendary. (over the top on purpose and with good reason)

:)
Read and noted. As a manufacturer, we need a need to have support in sales - they're not reselling product like a dealer, they're running the sales service for us. We have had a good relationship with Digital River for a long time, and we will work with them to improve the ordering experience.

Last edited:
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 2, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #443 of 2,621
HOLD ON! - HOLD THE FORT! - WAIT NOW! People are getting their headphones already? First they put the release back from 29th to 28th which I'll admit got my hopes up.

What is the update to everyone who pre-ordered well in advance regarding tracking?

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #447 of 2,621
I pre-ordered fairly early, yet no tracking unless it's in my mailbox......
Tracking was often times not provided, so be on the lookout for them!

Oct 2, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #448 of 2,621
I think we all understand by now where you’re coming from dude. No need to keep repeating the same thing.

Well I specifically was meaning to reference the hype as the decision for the refusal, but that is my fault for not explaining myself better. After more and more reviews coming in, the fact the first two youtube reviewers Josh ( think that is his channel name?) and DMStv both stated near HD800 level soundstage, but I have not seen that repeated elsewhere, just seems off to me. That's all I meant, just wish I had not bought into the hype.

That being said, very glad to see Sennheiser's posts here. Does give me confidence they at least care, that is honestly all I wanted to see. That all being said, I hope my reasoning is more clear now, the hype was specifically the HD800 "like" soundstage comments, I just find it off-putting they both said it and they were the first two to review. Unless I am remembering wrong, in which case I apologize in advance.

Oct 2, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #449 of 2,621
It might feel a lot bigger if you're coming off the 6x series. To be honest, I found their soundstage... pretty abysmal in general, so anything that's half decent soundstage wise will feel like a substantial difference

Oct 2, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #450 of 2,621

How long will it take to fulfill orders, it appears some already have them in hand yet others don't have tracking or anything to give an ETA.

I'll be honest I don't want to wait a month to get a headphone and I haven't a clue how long this is going to be dragged out as there has been no communication from sales. I'll ask them direct how long it will be and if there is no answer I am afraid I will have to cancel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back