The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 27, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #1,246 of 2,621
If it helps anyone I bought mine here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-560S-reference-grade-enthusiasts-Black/dp/B08HNFV61M

It's a third-part seller on amazon that seem to have lots of stock, but they only ship to UK. Richer Sounds also have stock, but also only ship within UK. Seems we got lucky stock-wise.

You can also add a V-Moda boom mic to this if you buy this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/KOKKIA-Versatile-2-5mm-Female-Adapter/dp/B07Z2MPW61

Makes for quite a nice gaming headset.

Ships to Romania aswell
Thank you for the links my dude.

I will buy that adapter for the V moda boom mic. ThanKS

Oct 27, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #1,247 of 2,621
Damn, they deliver to me as well. Out of stock now though. Good find!

Oct 27, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #1,248 of 2,621
If it helps anyone I bought mine here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-560S-reference-grade-enthusiasts-Black/dp/B08HNFV61M

It's a third-part seller on amazon that seem to have lots of stock, but they only ship to UK. Richer Sounds also have stock, but also only ship within UK. Seems we got lucky stock-wise.

You can also add a V-Moda boom mic to this if you buy this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/KOKKIA-Versatile-2-5mm-Female-Adapter/dp/B07Z2MPW61

Makes for quite a nice gaming headset.
Thank you! I purchased a cheapo third party boom mic that fits the 560s
(new fantasia or I believe) and it works, but its built pretty poorly and the mic isnt great. This adapter looks perfect to use the vmoda boom pro!

Oct 27, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #1,249 of 2,621
Well I have enjoyed my time with the hd560s but ultimately I do not think it is the right headphone for me so I will be returning mine.

Oct 27, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #1,250 of 2,621
This headphone is still surprising me. Just listening again from the ZX507 and I’m really impressed with the speed, detail and finesse these 560S drivers are capable of. It’s nice to be able to plug a Senn headphone directly in to a DAP and be really satisfied. Can’t do that with the 6XX.

Listening to Come Together by The Beatles now and the guitars sound so nice and lively w great resolution. The bass guitar is just hitting so deep on this track and Harrison’s notes are sounding amazing from the left driver. Everything’s nicely separated. This HP is just really competent and sounds right.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #1,253 of 2,621
This headphone is still surprising me. Just listening again from the ZX507 and I’m really impressed with the speed, detail and finesse these 560S drivers are capable of. It’s nice to be able to plug a Senn headphone directly in to a DAP and be really satisfied. Can’t do that with the 6XX.

Listening to Come Together by The Beatles now and the guitars sound so nice and lively w great resolution. The bass guitar is just hitting so deep on this track and Harrison’s notes are sounding amazing from the left driver. Everything’s nicely separated. This HP is just really competent and sounds right.

I’ve been listening to the same track and it sounds amazing with the 560S
And I thought I didn’t like the Beatles!

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #1,254 of 2,621

Have to say I agree. There was a day or two where I gravitated back towards the 58x and 6xx, but I've been hooked back on the 560s the last few days. My eyes are telling me this is a 5 series headphone and should perform like one, but my ears and brain are just sort of amazed at how it sounds.

I keep reading people trying to explain away the perceived level of detail the 560s has, for example that the treble is over emphasized and creates the illusion of more detail than it actually has. I just don't agree. I have swapped between the 560s and 6xx so many times, and I still think the 560s is on par in detail, perhaps even above. To me the sound signature of the 560s is probably the most neutral I've ever heard, I feel like I'm hearing the content exactly as it was mastered to sound. The 6xx almost sounds like it's coloring the sound in comparison, presenting it warmer and smoother than it actually is.

I will also say after extended sessions with the 560s, switching back to the 6xx or 58x the difference in soundstage is almost oppressive. It feels so narrow in comparison.

Also again, these headphones are PHENOMENAL for gaming. They sound perfect, for lack of a better term. Bass is enough to provide immersion, soundstage is wide enough to suck you in, the amount of detail in ambient sounds and how they are imaged is crazy, and the treble is so clear and gives a bite to things like sword swings or water sound effects without being harsh.

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #1,255 of 2,621
Why are they going back if you don't mind me asking?
It’s the brightness mainly. I do also find the sound to be a little thin but that’s not really the issue. The brightness is too much for my taste. I tried EQ but it took away from the detail. I did also try pink noise for about 16 hours but I don’t think it helped much.

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #1,256 of 2,621
I’ll add that once these break in there’s no issues whatsoever with brightness. The tonality is perfectly balanced to my ears. This may be the HP’s greatest strength
hmm. how long did it take to break in? I probably have about 20 hours including pink noise and they are still very bright.

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #1,257 of 2,621
hmm. how long did it take to break in? I probably have about 20 hours including pink noise and they are still very bright.

I’d say after 30 or so hours. Also consider these HPs are very revealing of source. So before you give up you may want to look at what’s feeding them. I use my ZX507 or iPad to my Hip DAC and I don’t EQ for treble at all, just leave it at dead neutral and it’s fine for me, and I consider myself treble sensitive. Both of the sources I use I consider to be warm neutral in tonality so they match the 560S well

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #1,258 of 2,621
I’d say after 30 or so hours. Also consider these HPs are very revealing of source. So before you give up you may want to look at what’s feeding them. I use my ZX507 or iPad to my Hip DAC and I don’t EQ for treble at all, just leave it at dead neutral and it’s fine for me, and I consider myself treble sensitive. Both of the sources I use I consider to be warm neutral in tonality so they match the 560S well
I am using Fiio K5 Pro. My HD 600 sounds great on this amp/dac. Maybe I will give more burn in time before deciding to return.

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #1,259 of 2,621
I am using Fiio K5 Pro. My HD 600 sounds great on this amp/dac. Maybe I will give more burn in time before deciding to return.

The K5 Pro may be lacking a bit of control over the highs. From what I’ve read about it this can be an issue. Granted I haven’t heard it myself so you are a much better judge, and as you say it doesn’t affect your 600. Idk man, you may also want to try the 560S on another source and compare.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back