The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 19, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #961 of 2,621
The 560s are not even remotely close to having harsh treble.

Something like the shp9500 are what I consider to be harsh treble. Those definitely have lots of sibilance. They can be piercing as hell with certain music and games. The x2hr has harsh treble in that it's sort of peaky and all over the place.

The treble on the 560s is clear and precise, I haven't heard a hint of sibilance. I'm not sure what role my schiit hel may play in how the treble is presented- I doubt it has an impact here.
I own both the shp9500 and the x2 and your description of the treble of those two headphones is in line with my impressions.
If the treble of the 560s is more clear and precise that's a good thing.

Oct 19, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #962 of 2,621
I don't usually post on forums these days since id rather make youtube videos than argue on a forum. just wanted to say yes the 560s have very harsh bright treble. stop lying about it thanks. this will be common knowledge over time no sugar coating it in the meantime please. Sennheiser fix your treble so these kids stop lying to themselves in the meantime with flawed headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #963 of 2,621
So have you listened to the recording of the HD560S in the video, and do you think it accurately displays the relative difference? Does the treble in the recording seem harsh?

If the recording seems harsh to you, but the actual headphone does not, that would be interesting!
I don't really like forming opinions from youtube sound demoes like this, but the treble of the 560s sounds a bit harsh or weird compared to how I hear it out of my amp. It could be something with the drivers being angled and how is mics are picking it up.

The difference in clarity is pretty apparent in the video, and I can confirm its noticeable if swapping back and forth on my setup. The 58x sounds more congested in comparison, he kept saying "boomy" but I think its just warmer. The 58x has more forward mids which I think is manifesting as being more warm in the comparison.

His 58x pads also look really worn so it could be presenting warmer than it "should".

I would say yes, overall it pretty accurately displays the difference in sound signature between the two headphones, but neither sounds exactly like what I'm hearing in the video. The 560s is not bright to me at all, its more neutral in the treble where the 58x is more soft or "veiled" as many like to say about Sennheiser headphones.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #967 of 2,621
For what it's worth, one of Oluv's comment responses in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7DQTjYICjBd5ZtLQU3Z1dQ
"The HD560S is perfect up to 2khz, you just need to reduce 5khz by 5dB and 7khz by 3db. IMO like that it sounds better than all other headphones costing 3-4 times as much."

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #968 of 2,621
For what it's worth, one of Oluv's comment responses in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7DQTjYICjBd5ZtLQU3Z1dQ
"The HD560S is perfect up to 2khz, you just need to reduce 5khz by 5dB and 7khz by 3db. IMO like that it sounds better than all other headphones costing 3-4 times as much."
keep in mind eq like that is eqing the audio youre listening to which colors everything youre listening to just to avoid stimulating those peaks. also enjoy being stuck to using a real time eq forever and like i said it doesnt fix the problem. youre literally eqing cuts into the audio youre listening to. its gonna sound like trash.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #969 of 2,621
I ordered the DYI Audio heaven 560S passive filter.

I'll test it when I have the 560S here next month.

Attachments

• IMG_20201019_193637.jpg
    IMG_20201019_193637.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Oct 19, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #972 of 2,621
keep in mind eq like that is eqing the audio youre listening to which colors everything youre listening to just to avoid stimulating those peaks. also enjoy being stuck to using a real time eq forever and like i said it doesnt fix the problem. youre literally eqing cuts into the audio youre listening to. its gonna sound like trash.

If people enjoy using EQ that's up to them to decide. I don't personally use it myself but everyone enjoys their own cup of tea. We all have different ears and our brains perceive sound differently.

Oct 19, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #975 of 2,621
I have a pre-order for these and am planning on using them with a Dragonfly Cobalt from laptop and phone (not for out of the house use). Is anyone using them with just a Dragonfly? Is it enough to power these? Do they need more power? Thanks
Just connected mine up to my iPhone without a dac and at full volume it’s very quiet. I’ve used a cobalt before and the volume increases by about 25% . Pretty sure you won’t have much headroom left with this combo .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back