The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 2, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #451 of 2,621
How long will it take to fulfill orders, it appears some already have them in hand yet others don't have tracking or anything to give an ETA.

I'll be honest I don't want to wait a month to get a headphone and I haven't a clue how long this is going to be dragged out as there has been no communication from sales. I'll ask them direct how long it will be and if there is no answer I am afraid I will have to cancel.

lol you can't cancel. call them and try. ;p

Oct 2, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #452 of 2,621
Did anyone see that guy criticizing the graphs? I pulled the trigger after the DMS and Solderdude review. Had been wanting a Seen and kinda like that shape.

Now Sennheiser! If you are listening what you need to do is make an ANC bluetooth in that chassis and allow pads from the other 500 series to be swapped on. I actually liked the 4.40 sound but the size killed it for me.

That chassis would allow you to get a nice amount of tech in and you'd have a full size Senn you could use anywhere.
Just an FYI, the HD 559 pads are the official part number for HD 560S pad replacements. Same with the cable! Part number referenced in the "Head-Gear" listing here on Head-Fi, we thought people would want to know!

The HD 560S (and HD 500 series) pads have a larger diameter opening around the ear than the HD 4.40, larger than even the HD 600 series by a small amount.

Do you know when they'll be available to order again?
How long will it take to fulfill orders, it appears some already have them in hand yet others don't have tracking or anything to give an ETA.

I'll be honest I don't want to wait a month to get a headphone and I haven't a clue how long this is going to be dragged out as there has been no communication from sales. I'll ask them direct how long it will be and if there is no answer I am afraid I will have to cancel.
It's a developing situation, as we said here, but rest assured it's an ASAP priority and we will post an update in this thread when we have estimates to give :)

Last edited:
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 2, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #453 of 2,621
Well I specifically was meaning to reference the hype as the decision for the refusal, but that is my fault for not explaining myself better. After more and more reviews coming in, the fact the first two youtube reviewers Josh ( think that is his channel name?) and DMStv both stated near HD800 level soundstage, but I have not seen that repeated elsewhere, just seems off to me. That's all I meant, just wish I had not bought into the hype.

That being said, very glad to see Sennheiser's posts here. Does give me confidence they at least care, that is honestly all I wanted to see. That all being said, I hope my reasoning is more clear now, the hype was specifically the HD800 "like" soundstage comments, I just find it off-putting they both said it and they were the first two to review. Unless I am remembering wrong, in which case I apologize in advance.
The guy Josh on youtube says the hd560s has almost the staging of hd800, but much smaller. Does he mean it's imaging capability is almost as good as the hd800 (good separation of instruments instead of 3 blob) but the soundstage is still small? I wish the hd560s improved tremendously in the soundstage width department vs the 6xx series but seems like that's not really the case here. Improved imaging maybe, but not soundstage. Solderdude however in his review specifically used the word "wide" to describe the hd560s's stereo imaging, and I assume he was talking about soundstage here. So a bit contradicting impressions, which is sadly not surprising at all in the headphones world.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #454 of 2,621
Sounds like there's tangible soundstage improvement to me either way. Even just angling a driver can make a substantial difference. Together with the deeper pads, I am still hopeful.

Oct 2, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #455 of 2,621
Looks like Amazon.ca's pre-order have been taken down. Now it just shows

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Oct 2, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #457 of 2,621
As a newcomer to all this I’m confused how some reviewers say it’s the end game and now folk on here are saying its not quite as good as the hype.
I know it’s highly subjective, but still.

It's like that with a lot of new releases. Can make going into buying a headphone daunting. Biggest challenge is figuring out what you actually want and finding the headphone that fits your needs.

Oct 2, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #458 of 2,621
As a newcomer to all this I’m confused how some reviewers say it’s the end game and now folk on here are saying its not quite as good as the hype.

"Endgame" is a convenient term that some people use so that they can talk themselves into spending more money than they should on their next pair of headphones. :o2smile:

Oct 2, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #459 of 2,621
UPS apparently lost my set...

Great.

66C4BBEF-65F3-4C23-B5DD-A87D25ED12DF.gif

Oct 3, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #462 of 2,621

End game is not what I'd use to describe these.

Don't get me wrong, they're very light and generally comfortable. I had no comfort issues after the many hours listening to them after adjusting my big ears around that nobbly thing inside the pads.

The sound is also very good. You can tell they've took a U turn on coloured sound like say the 559, which to me makes the 560s a welcomed edition to the 5 series.

If I didn't have a 6 series headphone I would be content with them as they do most things well.

Oct 3, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #463 of 2,621
About cables i have been using cables from other known Conpanies and they are good but not 10 euro vs 150 good.
To put it simple i have other cables from B&W Bose Sony Beyerdynamic that some of them look and fill better than Sennheiser , BUT Sennheiser hd6 for example is the best for many reasons they dont tangled they dont have microphonics they dont have memmory on their shape the connectors are rounded with plastic and if they touch anything dont scratch it , they are light , they are balanced they are copper they are easy to mod them because both sides are shapereted , and when i cut them i saw that they are silicone protected... And all that with 10-15 euro ? Like i said the looks are not premium but everything else is. I have premium cables that for sure doeant have all that positives combined...

Oct 3, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #464 of 2,621
Sennheiser said 559, not 599

Those two have different pads (i own both)
How they're different? Looks identical to me. Both velour both fit to all HD5-series headphones.
The HD 599 pads are brown, the HD 560S pads (and HD 559 pads) are black.
Part Number: 572287

I'll repeat this question since sennheiser did not respond - is the headband padding replacable in 560's?

Try not to listen to them one after the other. Senns sure will seem like a veiled, too much warmth, congested especially compared straitght after a lot more brither beyers. I'd listen to 560's exclusively for at least a few days and then make up my mind.

Pads look exactly same as my 599SE
Yes, the headband padding is replaceable, though right now we're putting all our parts into headphones. Glad you like it!
Part Number: 509145

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 3, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #465 of 2,621
As for the soundstage I don't think we have much to debate about this since all HD5 series have more spacious cups, driver is located further away from ear and it's angled. All this translates to wider soundstage compared to any HD6. My HD599SE have pretty wide soundstage, I'd say less wide than my X2HR, but much more lifelike in terms of 3-dimentional awereness. Philips have super wide staging, but it's only 2-dminetional and a bit artificial. I can only logically assume HD560s have even bigger soundstage than HD599 since it's tuned less bassy and more reference-like.

The HD 599 pads are brown, the HD 560S pads (and HD 559 pads) are black.
Part Number: 572287
I know, but I was talking about HD599SE, which have black velour pads just like HD559 and HD560s. Is that the same thing? If HD599 have different pads then what is the part number for 599SE black pads?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back