The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Sep 29, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #286 of 2,621
Especially around comfort - which is usually my main concern.

Still not convinced they're that 'cheap' - especially if you want a shorter cable or 4.4mm.

Which leads me to my main question, should these be drivable with the Fiio M11?

All the reviews I've read mention they're easy to drive.

I have the Fidelio X2's I'll compare these with as well. They're often on sale but right now similarly priced.

Sep 29, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #287 of 2,621

I have the Fidelio X2's I'll compare these with as well. They're often on sale but right now similarly priced.

I just read the Headfonia review and indeed should be easy to drive. Thankfully seems to be in demand, so will wait till the hype dies down and some more user feedback :)

Sep 29, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #289 of 2,621
Still no email of any kind, and unable to cancel either order... oh well. One way or another I will get my refunds Sennheiser. Lucky for them I am reading a giant book at the moment, Licanius Trilogy, so I will camp out on my front porch day of delivery to refuse both, take pictures of both shipping labels/video proof of my refusing them, and I will have my refunds. No doubt about it babycakes.

Sep 29, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #290 of 2,621
Sep 29, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #291 of 2,621

I have never been more excited for a pair of headphones. Based on the reviews, this one seems to tick all the right boxes for me at a price of $200 which is unbelievable. If the bass, the soundstage and the fun factor (things that the recent Senn 5xx/6xx headphones are not very good at) are not that far behind the x2, this is an instant buy. Looking forward to your comparison.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #292 of 2,621
I have never been more excited for a pair of headphones. Based on the reviews, this one seems to tick all the right boxes for me at a price of $200 which is unbelievable. If the bass, the soundstage and the fun factor (things that the recent Senn 5xx/6xx headphones are not very good at) are not that far behind the x2, this is an instant buy. Looking forward to your comparison.

I really want to try them, but I am going to wait for a better store/refund policy/ease of access to returns - to be extra safe. I am still not convinced this isn't just youtube hype. That can be powerful even on objective reviewers.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #293 of 2,621
Lookin at FR 560's are less bass a little brighter version of my 599's with a bit wider soundstage. Not sure if it's worth getting something this similar. I'll wait for more reviews and price drop maybe I'll get them at 99$ amazon usually does on prime day and black friday.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #295 of 2,621
Lookin at FR 560's are less bass a little brighter version of my 599's with a bit wider soundstage. Not sure if it's worth getting something this similar. I'll wait for more reviews and price drop maybe I'll get them at 99$ amazon usually does on prime day and black friday.
In Europe the 599 comes out regularly in the offers for 99 euros and I sincerely believe it is a bargain for that price!
I am also thinking it is probably not worth it to get the 560s having the 599... I will have to save for the 660s that, I guess, must be worth the difference.
By the way the 599 here comes with a 3 m and a 1,2 cable with 3.5 connection.

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #296 of 2,621
I got an update saying they would be ready to ship on the 28 instead of 29.
I asked support for a tracking number or ETA and haven't got any response. I think a big company should be able to get back to you in a few days.

I've heard of a few getting their tracking already and I ordered it earlier in the week on the 24th well in advance. Hopefully this isn't like Drop lol.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #297 of 2,621
In Europe the 599 comes out regularly in the offers for 99 euros and I sincerely believe it is a bargain for that price!
I am also thinking it is probably not worth it to get the 560s having the 599... I will have to save for the 660s that, I guess, must be worth the difference.
By the way the 599 here comes with a 3 m and a 1,2 cable with 3.5 connection.

Probably not but you are getting a revised driver so your paying for new tech in a similar chassis.
If you can get a 599 for under $100 then that is also a bargain.

Sep 30, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #298 of 2,621
560's are priced 199E in Europe, while initial price of 599's was 249E. Got my 599 for 80E on prime day, I'm guessing it will be similar story with 560's, but propably not this year since it's newly released product.

Sep 30, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #300 of 2,621
I heard that for sennheiser headphones we need to replace the earpads on a yearly basis, is it true? If I decide to purchase the hd560s, it will be my first senn headphone so just wondering.
Depends on how often you wear them. If it's on a daily basis then propably should be replaced every year, but this concerns especially HD6-series. HD5-series have somewhat more durable pads and while they gets flattened with time it doesn't seem to affect the sound as much as HD6 headphones. I've had my 599 for a year now and don't need to replace the pads yet, but I don't use this can every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back